Who has played for the most clubs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
I can think of Dale Shearer who played for Manly - Brisbane - Gold Coast - South Qld - Roosters - Nth Qld.

Not sure of anyone else who might have played at more.

Phil Blake played for a few - Manly, Souths, Norths, Canberra, St George, and Warriors

Phil Blake's receprd is hard to beat as he played for Manly, Souths, Norths, Canberra, St. George and the Warriors. He played for more clubs than he made tackles in his career.

tookey said:
Phil Blake's receprd is hard to beat as he played for Manly, Souths, Norths, Canberra, St. George and the Warriors. He played for more clubs than he made tackles in his career.
Kimmorley?
Newcastle, Hunter Mariners, Melbourne, Northern Eagles, Cronulla, Bulldogs

Arthur Mountier went from Easts to Balmain, back to Easts then to Cronulla, Souths and Wests in the 70's and 80's.

A good effort playing for 5 different clubs when there was only 12 in the comp.

What's the name of that guy that just got punted from Penrith for doing dodgy valium prescriptions. Tamata or something ? Isn't he on about his 7th club ? he hasn't played first grade at all the clubs but he has definitely done the rounds.

Graham Mackay played for 5 or 6 clubs as well, including Manly.

C&C is on the money

Mackay spent time with a number of clubs – debuting for Western Suburbs in 1988 before heading to Penrith, the Roosters, South Queensland, the Gold Coast and Manly.

Add to that Leeds, Hull and Bradford

Arana Tamata's strike rate is definitely the best at the moment. If he continues to find club's willing to take him on he should hit 20 by career's end and set an unbeatable record!

I know at one stage this record was held by John Elias, I think it was at least six Sydney clubs,seven if you include the side from Long Bay gaol, and he also had a stint in the Brisbane comp as well.
I think they were, Newtown, Wests, Bulldogs,Souths, Roosters,Tigers,

A few others to add to the list:

Gary Freeman played for Balmain, Easts, Penrith, Parramatta and Castleford.

Terry Hill played for Souths, Easts, Wests Magpies, Manly, Wests Tigers and Manly again. I remember he when he came to Manly he said his goal was to play with every club in the competition!

Andrew Walker played for St George, Easts, Manly, ACT Brumbies and Qld Reds.

Paul Green played for Cronulla, Cowboys, Roosters, Parra and Brisbane.

Souffs and Sharks have plenty of Journeymen.

Currently "Walkers On", Costigan & Colin Best has been to a few clubs.

As mentioned Drama Tomato, Phil Blake and Tyran Smith Stand out

John Elias made first grade debut with Newtown in 1983
Joined South Sydney in 1984.
Joined the Wayne Bennett-coached Souths Magpies in Brisbane in 1985.
He joined Canterbury in 1986 but departed the club mid-way through the season to join the Western Suburbs Magpies
He joined the Eastern Suburbs Roosters in 1988.
Part-way through the 1989 season, he left Eastern Suburbs to join Balmain.
He left Balmain to re-join the Rabbitohs mid-way though the 1994 season.
He later travelled to France to play for Avignon and Toulouse.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4