Who else is going to Melbourne?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good stuff all, the numbers seem to be growing.

Yes I agree with the "ex pat" comments....it never ceases to amaze me at Queensland games that we get so many.....I have a LOT on my e-mail list (about 2000 in total these days) but we seem to grow and grow in numbers for away games.

The real secret is to ensure people don't "waste" (and I am using that terminology but it's not quite right)...perhaps squander is a better word, their position to get a better seat on half way (where they will be sitting with 10,000 Storm Fans), yes they'll get a better view BUT the atmopshere won;t be what it will be if seated in the away bays.

Without a doubt we'd all like to be seated on half way BUT it's really (really) important for this game that we fill Bays 9 and 10, and when they are full the ones up behind there!!

vidmar said:
Don't worry Mark

They will know we are there....

Especially if My Bluedog decides to go!!!

bones said:
Jono said:
bones said:
Jono said:
Don't worry everyone. Jono will be there :)

Where? Melbourne? Are you coming now?

Yep. Work said yes, and I've been offered a ticket for the Hawks game on the Saturday as well so it makes it worth the trip...especially if we win.

Flying down with Virgin on Friday morning. At least we know Virgin don't have a problem flying to Melbourne ;)

Good stuff. What time flight you on? Drums allowed?

7.15 Friday morning. No drum. Don't have a hard case. If someone was driving down and back I'd send it on with them but I'm not going to fly it down without a better case.

Melbourne Eagle said:
What is the pre game pub of choice of the travelling supporters?

Got my seat in bay 9. Can't wait.

Usually the The Wheelbarrow, across the road from the Rydges Exhibition St. Vidmar will confirm this in a couple of days though

I've been getting quite a few calls for tickets and also from locals and those travelling independantly who are looking to join us.
I've emailed a couple of venues to see if we can get a dedicated area (free of charge of course!) for the pre-game gathering so stay tuned - will let you know well in advance?

Someone just posted on one of the Eagles Facebook pages that they are from Melbourne, going to the game (in Bay 9) and have been told by Ticketek that there's been almost 500 tickets sold in the Manly Bays...if true that is AMAZING

Facebook - David Wolfman Williams

Greetings there fellow Bearded Bandits and aspiring Hairy Faced Warriors! How is every one on this lovely day of Spring?

I must pass on my appreciation to all you beautiful humans out there for your well wishes and encouragement over the past few weeks. Especially the Batmanning suggestion, my technique at this time is lacking sufficiently, but I've focus a large portion of my rehab to improving ...this deficiency. The beard and I, who come to think of it is actually still without a name, are very thankful for all your support.

Dicky Knee Status Update: My lack of a cruciate knee is progressing quite well thank you. It has been introduced through a mutual friend to a new ligament, and by all reports they have hit it off immediately, forming a strong and stable relationship, fruitful even some might say.

So all is well in Camp Wolf.

Onto more important events immediately relating to this weekend. Whom may I say is coming to Melbournia with my furry self attend the crushing of the Storm???

The Wolfman, on the field in spirit :angel:
[attachment=355]

Melbourne/Manly game apparently 15,000 tickets sold so far …. (!)
The 40,000 for Bulldogs/Souths would also have the member tickets allocated in those numbers, as the members need to get a ticketet ticket – reserve seating.

So the Melbourne/Manly game is looking to be quite good in numbers, so a crowd of 25,000+ may be on the cards? .. and maybe close to sell out?, it tops out at 28k/29k.

Ugh, was so close to going, just had to wait to double check a site visit. And it's been confirmed for Friday...dang.

From another source on ticket sales on the Storm/Manly game - General Admission sales have been going real well (see below), so both ends of AAMI Park should be full …
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Admission (GA) for the Storm/Manly game was sold out last night but a few more tix have just gone on sale according to Storm twitter account. 16k sold so far according to the Herald Sun from yesterday.

Storm have received a full page in the paper each day this week (as opposed to their usual 150 word story) so that should help hype up the game. And the NRL's ads actually have the right time on them, so that should help a little...

A mate got us GA tiks for the game so it looks like we'll be ripping it in Bay 14, let's bring the noise boys.

Eagles 78 said:
From another source on ticket sales on the Storm/Manly game - General Admission sales have been going real well (see below), so both ends of AAMI Park should be full …
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Admission (GA) for the Storm/Manly game was sold out last night but a few more tix have just gone on sale according to Storm twitter account. 16k sold so far according to the Herald Sun from yesterday.

Storm have received a full page in the paper each day this week (as opposed to their usual 150 word story) so that should help hype up the game. And the NRL's ads actually have the right time on them, so that should help a little...

Hang on ,hang on just a friggin minute here. Am I reading this right that 16000 tickets have been sold for a prelim final in a 30000 seat stadium. Let me see Melbourne population 4.17 million and they haven't sold out this game already. Manly ,Warringah, Pittwater, North Sydney pop 300000 and we get cruxcified by all the media for getting 16000 supporters last week or 5.3% of the supporter area. Melbourne cant sell out 30000 seats or 0.7% of the pop.

Downie said:
A mate got us GA tiks for the game so it looks like we'll be ripping it in Bay 14, let's bring the noise boys.

Bay/Isle 14 is a Manly General Admission area (bay). I hope it has its fair share of Manly supporters in that bay with very good Manly numbers in Bays 9 to 11 (which will look good on the TV – eastern side towards the southern end of AAMI Park).

If anyone has bought a ticket today, please post the Bay number and the latest PAX number?

From another source:

Gibbsy on 2UE just gave a ticket update

50,500 sold for the Dogs v Rabbits

Almost 20k sold for the Storm

54,000 sold for the fumbleball at ANZ.

So the Melbourne v’s Manly looks like getting a crowd of at least 25,000 or at 28k/29k that would be close to sell out.

Official capacity is around 30k at AAMI Park, but think that is hard to get up to that figure. Once they get around 29k that would be a sell out.

Looks like it will be a full house ….. know of anyone buying a ticket today?

Eagles 78 said:
Downie said:

Bay/Isle 14 is a Manly General Admission area (bay). I hope it has its fair share of Manly supporters in that bay with very good Manly numbers in Bays 9 to 11 (which will look good on the TV – eastern side towards the southern end of AAMI Park).

If anyone has bought a ticket today, please post the Bay number and the latest PAX number?

As a supporter living down here in|Mexico got tickets but GA only , will be there in with the middle of the purple pansys giving them hell. Hope to catch up with fellow supporters at the wheelbarrow pub at around 4.30pm. got to travel in from Gippsland.
Manly premiers back to back

seaeagle10 said:
As a supporter living down here in|Mexico got tickets but GA only , will be there in with the middle of the purple pansys giving them hell. Hope to catch up with fellow supporters at the wheelbarrow pub at around 4.30pm. got to travel in from Gippsland.

Mick, check your email re MWTS pre-game meeting place?

Still to be confirmed but looking like the bar at the Rydges Hotel (Exhibition & Bourke st) from around 4ish
Will finalise details tomorrow and will confirm?

vidmar said:
seaeagle10 said:

Mick, check your email re MWTS pre-game meeting place?

Still to be confirmed but looking like the bar at the Rydges Hotel (Exhibition & Bourke st) from around 4ish
Will finalise details tomorrow and will confirm?
Good one Bob, we're staying there as well, very handy

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8