Who else has received the text message re ACA on Monday night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WAMF

Bencher
Apparently, A Current Affair are doing a special on Monday night (after the grand final) where they will blow the lid off the betting scandal and announce players that will be banned for life?
I will not name players on here but if you want the SMS, just PM me your mobile number BUT only if you have made more than 30 posts on Silvertails.

Little wonder that people have been saying this has the potential to change league forever. If it's all true....WOW.

We all thought the Brett Stwart story was big (and it was for us) but if true this will change the face of game I feel.

Would have thought a life ban by the NRL wouldn't be considered until after the police have charged someone and then the Court has found them guilty.

For match fixing the NRL wait until you are found guilty.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/two-nrl-games-in-spotlight/story-e6frexnr-1225915564528

WOW! That's massive WAMF! This will have massive repercussions and will change everything!

David Gallop and Channel 9 should have a good hard look at themselves.  I'm not saying they are responsible for this, but they have contributed to a gambling culture.  There's no need to announce odds on TV every chance they get, and we don't need bookmakers as sponsors.

The Hasler Code link said:
David Gallop and Channel 9 should have a good hard look at themselves.  I'm not saying they are responsible for this, but they have contributed to a gambling culture.  There's no need to announce odds on TV every chance they get, and we don't need bookmakers as sponsors.

Spot on. We've seen this coming for two years. It was flagged on the mwse website in 2008, and unfortunately the ramifications are dire. Every time something unusual happens in a match the spectre of doubt will arise.
For example: the five straight penalties to Illawarra against the Tigers...
hmmmm. I wonder?? 

this rumour has been doing the rounds for weeks. Are you sure it is from ACA?

I'm also sick to death of hearing Peter Sterling say how the odds are such "great value".  This is a blight on the game

Dan link said:
this rumour has been doing the rounds for weeks. Are you sure it is from ACA?
All I will say is that I received the text this morning. I don't think it has come directly from ACA. This is a different text to the one that has been doing the rounds for the past 2 weeks.

I've seen a few variations of something similar and even received an sms (from the person from QLD who spills a lot of red wine - some of you will know who I mean) this morning which was apparently from someone in the police force.
Zorba has made mention on air of receiving something from around 30 different (usually reliable) sources
Talkin sport took a call on it tonight on 2SM and were aware of it
Best to see before commenting I'm thinking

I would be extremely surprised if this was true. A mate of mine knows one of the cops on the case and they haven't even interviewed all of the players yet, let alone come to any conclusions.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=185560.msg299297#msg299297 date=1285747131]
from the person from QLD who spills a lot of red wine - some of you will know who I mean

A red wine drinking Qlder ? Might be only one up here.
[/quote]
Dale Shearer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9