Who do you want in week one?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Roosters for me! If they lose against Souths we'd be playing a team going in with three consecutive loses.

Would be a huge advantage playing them in this scenario, a bit of a dream come true really.

I see Tom Waterhouse is offering "way over the odds" and "taking on the favourites" for Souths and Easts. His way of saying the grand final winner will be either Manly or Melbourne.

Both teams are going to be going full tilt into the game next week in order to win the minor premiership. We will benefit from it either way. Roosters preferably though.

Souths - I think they got the rub of the green both times against us and in both games we were the better team. I want the bunnys and their three toothed supporters banished back to redfern, unima or whatever other rock they crawled out from.

I have no preference. It will be a Manly v Storm GF. The Roosters and Rabbits basically have an extra week of finals footy to get through than Manly and Melbourne, as next Fridays Minor premiership playoff will be finals intensity. This will benefit Manly and storm immensely.

I wouldn't want to be playing the cowboys in week two of the finals. They have some serious momentum

we also have the luxury of knowing the storm result the night before. if titans somehow surprise them, we can really put the pedal on the brakes, for and against pending.

Looking at the ladder , points for and against etc..we will definitely be playing the loser of the easts vs souths game, in semi week one - assuming manly keep third - ie assuming manly beat penriff by enough and storm beat titans by not too much...note, there is only 19 points difference between manly and the storm on for/against

Roosters.

I think they have hit their lull (at the worst possible time) and we could knock them off in Week 1. I also think they have the least finals experience which could hurt them.

i think this is one of the best outcomes ive seen in along time...

we have the opportunity to rest players that need it against a pointless game.

GC are going to give it to the storm next week , i predict a physical game because the titans are still hoping for a semi final berth with a win.

Souths/roosters are going to give it all

- local derby ( as always intense physical game )
- minor premiership up for grabs.

so if roosters loose & if we play them , we play a team on 3 game losing streak , confidence down and battered and bruised.

if souths loose & if we play them , we play a losing team with confidence shattered against their local derby battered & bruised.

saying that we should of beaten souths last game everyone knows that the better team lost on the night , against the roosters we were not even close to how were playing now.

so either way , it may be not an advantage but some serious confidence against either one...

i like the situation...

most important is that the players that need the rest this week should get it ( no risks )

3rd is where we want to be. With a win in week 1.

Summary of the scenarios of most likely.
Finals Wk 1
Souths vs Storm
Roosters vs Manly
Bulldogs vs Cowboys
Sharks vs Knights

A win for manly puts us on the souths/storm/bulldogs/cowboys side of the draw for a spot in the gf.

A loss has us playing the winner of sharks/knights which isnt too bad but then we would either have to travel to melbourne and beat melbourne for a spot in the gf like last year or beat the nrl sweethearts souths from making it to the gf.

All this finals talk is starting to make the juices flow, like tucking into a massive pork chop, how good is it, and after last nights appetiser, let's bring on the feast!

What days are the different semis played? Maybe it would be better not to have a short turnaround from Sunday to Friday night.

Souths are playing better then the Roosters at the moment.
I want to play Souths, if you want to win a premiership you have to beat the best. I think the players would relish a chance at revenge.

Killer03 said:
Roosters.

I think they have hit their lull (at the worst possible time) and we could knock them off in Week 1. I also think they have the least finals experience which could hurt them.

Agree , and it would be at the Allianz, so we could actually see the game close up :)

1969 said:
All this finals talk is starting to make the juices flow, like tucking into a massive pork chop, how good is it, and after last nights appetiser, let's bring on the feast!

mmmmm.............pork chops.

God said:
Souths - I think they got the rub of the green both times against us and in both games we were the better team. I want the bunnys and their three toothed supporters banished back to redfern, unima or whatever other rock they crawled out from.

I had no idea that 3 of their supporters had teeth. Well I'll be........

Changed my thinking on this. Souffs. They are our main rivals to win this so we need a killer blow on them in week 1.They wont make the GF if we beat them first up. We can handle the cheats & Rorters.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6