Who can we stomach winning this thing in 2015?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

spantrav

Apologies in advance for the long post. I'm just back from Europe where there was very little internet and definitely no rugby league.

After another long and successful year of deathriding I have achieved my third most important season target 4 years in a row with the dogs out. The second target of no Manly wooden spoon also achieved but I won't be taking any credit for that, the players did it. The first target, obviously being a Manly GF was not to be.

So, who can we stomach winning this thing. I have posted and agree with others that out of the four the rorters simply have to be last - most deathriden in my terminology. If they win they will claim to be the dominant team of the NRL in recent times, thus overshadowing us, having cheated to beat us in 2013 and finished stone motherless last only a few years ago.

The other three are more difficult to seperate. I can't stand the storm as much as anyone else but I honestly believe their record will be tarnished for years with "*"s even though some telecrap reporters continue to deny it ever happened. Thus I place them 3rd - actually - 2nd last is much more negative.

The cowgirls haven't done too much to manly over the years. Other then the winge-a-thon about the hand of Foran try which was total rubbish on many levels and only fuels anti-manly feelings in the media and in general. I place them forth last out of 4.

The Broncos are also hard work. Being so shamelessly supported by news limited and the NRL in general. They get third last.

The only thing other then Manly winning every year (would be good but unrealistic) is a constant rotation of 1 year wonders like Souths for the years that Manly don't win.

To anyone that has got this far and is still awake. Thanks and kind regards.

Last edited:
Since we got knocked out of the finals I have not really cared too much but push come to shove I hope either the cowboys or the roosters win it. Brisbane and Melbourne represent News limited and everything evil they stand for so the nightmare scenario is a grand final between them.

I hope the Cows do it because they have been in the finals for a few years and are ready now. If they match what they did last night I think they can cause the drizzle lots of problems next week. I think the Rorters v Donkeys game will be so close. I fancy the Rorters only just though.

I hope roosters v cows
Although most on here hate roosters, I like their style of football and don't have a problem with the players except for the banjo player
Having said that I enjoyed the way the cows played last night so give me a fast open game I'm happy

Youre probably right Bones but Cowboys were born just I year before along with Auckland . I'm not sure they played a part . The Broncos and Storm certainly are SL .

Go the Storm.

Roosters are the best team in the comp and I only ever felt that only three teams at their best could win it Roosters, Cowboys and Souths but finals footy does not necessarily play out this way.

Souths tanked like Manly and could not hide their lack of enthusiasm, aggression and one dimensional attack due to the loss of Burgess and Teo who offered penetration aggression and leadership.

Would like to see a Melb Vs Roosters final and will be bored to death if Brisbane make it through.

I'll cop anyone except the Storm winning from here. Probably the Roosters would be the least painful option out of the other 3

Cows.

The rest don't really care. Won't be that excited or that upset.

The fact Dogs and Souths are out makes things a bit more bearable.

Cows or Broncs - Rorters and Scumos are expecting to win, so let the Queenslanders spoil their party :p

JT and the Roos front row, should have won a GF by now @:cool:

Youre probably right Bones but Cowboys were born just I year before along with Auckland . I'm not sure they played a part . The Broncos and Storm certainly are SL .
They signed up to play in the scum league... so they played their part.

Last edited:
They signed up to play in the scum league... so they played their part.

True, but at least Kerry Boustead quit his role as CEO in protest at their decision.

I'll back them as they're the only ones without a premiership and I reckon their window of opportunity closes after this season.

Simply can't stomach the Broncos doing it. The Storm are almost as bad but at least Slater won't be there to put me off them any further. The Roosters are 2nd choice but I'm still dirty over their leg-up from the refs in 2013.

I don't get it when people say they want the Cowboys to win because they have never won a title yet.
That's one of the main reasons I don't want them to win it.
Same reason I'm glad the sharks lost.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4