1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who can we stomach winning this thing in 2015?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by spantrav, Sep 20, 2015.

1. spantrav

spantrav Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 1
    Apologies in advance for the long post. I'm just back from Europe where there was very little internet and definitely no rugby league.

After another long and successful year of deathriding I have achieved my third most important season target 4 years in a row with the dogs out. The second target of no Manly wooden spoon also achieved but I won't be taking any credit for that, the players did it. The first target, obviously being a Manly GF was not to be.

So, who can we stomach winning this thing. I have posted and agree with others that out of the four the rorters simply have to be last - most deathriden in my terminology. If they win they will claim to be the dominant team of the NRL in recent times, thus overshadowing us, having cheated to beat us in 2013 and finished stone motherless last only a few years ago.

The other three are more difficult to seperate. I can't stand the storm as much as anyone else but I honestly believe their record will be tarnished for years with "*"s even though some telecrap reporters continue to deny it ever happened. Thus I place them 3rd - actually - 2nd last is much more negative.

The cowgirls haven't done too much to manly over the years. Other then the winge-a-thon about the hand of Foran try which was total rubbish on many levels and only fuels anti-manly feelings in the media and in general. I place them forth last out of 4.

The Broncos are also hard work. Being so shamelessly supported by news limited and the NRL in general. They get third last.

The only thing other then Manly winning every year (would be good but unrealistic) is a constant rotation of 1 year wonders like Souths for the years that Manly don't win.

To anyone that has got this far and is still awake. Thanks and kind regards.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  2. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    Since we got knocked out of the finals I have not really cared too much but push come to shove I hope either the cowboys or the roosters win it. Brisbane and Melbourne represent News limited and everything evil they stand for so the nightmare scenario is a grand final between them.

I hope the Cows do it because they have been in the finals for a few years and are ready now. If they match what they did last night I think they can cause the drizzle lots of problems next week. I think the Rorters v Donkeys game will be so close. I fancy the Rorters only just though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BH72

BH72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 5
    no problem with North Queensland, hope they win.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Shnorky

Shnorky Active Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 8
    I hope roosters v cows
    Although most on here hate roosters, I like their style of football and don't have a problem with the players except for the banjo player
    Having said that I enjoyed the way the cows played last night so give me a fast open game I'm happy

5. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Roosters - only ARL team left.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Brisbane Eagle

Brisbane Eagle New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 1
    Youre probably right Bones but Cowboys were born just I year before along with Auckland . I'm not sure they played a part . The Broncos and Storm certainly are SL .

7. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,087 / 27
    The Rorters are the best team in the comp............they should win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Technical Coach

Technical Coach Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +863 / 45
    Go the Storm.

Roosters are the best team in the comp and I only ever felt that only three teams at their best could win it Roosters, Cowboys and Souths but finals footy does not necessarily play out this way.

Souths tanked like Manly and could not hide their lack of enthusiasm, aggression and one dimensional attack due to the loss of Burgess and Teo who offered penetration aggression and leadership.

Would like to see a Melb Vs Roosters final and will be bored to death if Brisbane make it through.

9. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,363 / 111
    Id love them to win thurston out suspended. Just for the conspiracy lols.

10. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I'll cop anyone except the Storm winning from here. Probably the Roosters would be the least painful option out of the other 3

11. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,561 / 59
    Just off subject is that dce playing peter allan on TV.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Alby

Alby Active Member

Ratings:
    +337 / 12
    Cows.

The rest don't really care. Won't be that excited or that upset.

The fact Dogs and Souths are out makes things a bit more bearable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    Not the Cowboys. I like there being a few teams that have never won.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ManlyMatt

ManlyMatt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +388 / 13
    There will always be the Sharks @Shoe1 ...that you can count on. If ever the Sharks look like winning a premiership, you can bet manly will be there to stop it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Cows or Broncs - Rorters and Scumos are expecting to win, so let the Queenslanders spoil their party :p

JT and the Roos front row, should have won a GF by now @:cool:

16. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    in decending order

Rorters
    Cows
    Bongos
    Storm

17. bones

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    They signed up to play in the scum league... so they played their part.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  18. Hamster Huey

Hamster Huey Space Invader Premium Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 7
    True, but at least Kerry Boustead quit his role as CEO in protest at their decision.

I'll back them as they're the only ones without a premiership and I reckon their window of opportunity closes after this season.

Simply can't stomach the Broncos doing it. The Storm are almost as bad but at least Slater won't be there to put me off them any further. The Roosters are 2nd choice but I'm still dirty over their leg-up from the refs in 2013.

19. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,414 / 35
    Cows, they are the only remaining team I don't loathe. Failing that, I guess the Roosters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bones

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    I don't get it when people say they want the Cowboys to win because they have never won a title yet.
    That's one of the main reasons I don't want them to win it.
    Same reason I'm glad the sharks lost.