1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who can honestly say they're surprised..

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by simon_eagle, Aug 1, 2013.

1. simon_eagle

simon_eagle Well-Known Member

East Sydney
    Ratings:
    +315 / 7
    Sorry if this has already been posted on here, but I have just heard that the the "BIG" Round 25 match between the Panthers and Bulldogs will be televised live on Nine on Friday night, instead of say, a certain grudge match between the Sea Eagles and Storm.

I realise the Bulldogs rate well on free-to-air blah blah blah, but really, this is probably the least important of all the Western Sydney derbies, if you can even call it one. Whereas our match-up has arguably been "The Rivalry" of the past 6-7 years.

I am fairly certain a host of Manly/Melbourne games have been shafted to a Saturday night in the past, perhaps last season, and definitely in 2008 when it was a clear 1st v 2nd match-up.

Well done to all those at Nein.

• Like Like x 1
  2. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    They pay they choose

Simple really

3. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    That game they have picked could have a bearing on the final complexion of the top 8 with both teams still in the mix

It doesn't worry me at all really, not sure why people get so upset over it ?

4. EagleNEST

EagleNEST Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    On a purely selfish basis, Saturday night means I can attend the match, whereas Friday nights are always a bit more difficult.

HOWEVER, if I was viewing on TV I would much rather see my team live on a friday night instead of on the graveyard saturday night time slot. It's a no brainer

5. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Still a chance they may get switched IMO, with the Bulldogs V Penrith game being forced out of ANZ to accommodate the AFL match that night. Switching Manly V Storm to Friday and The Dogs to saturday may be a solution.

6. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Graveyard Saturday ?

Same timeslot as the Friday night isn't it ?

I guess it doesn't really effect me at all coz we get all the game regardless

7. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    The Manly game must stay the same as Im flying down for it!

8. Larissa

Larissa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0
    There has been no indication our game will be changed. It would be hugely unlikely for that to happen.

9. simon_eagle

simon_eagle Well-Known Member

East Sydney
    Ratings:
    +315 / 7
    Depends if our game is the 5.30 one, in which case the viewing figures for that time-slot are the lowest of all the games. Friday night on Nine vs Saturday night on Fox - there is no comparison in my eyes, Kiwi.

What a stuff up by Nine to put the Friday night game at a venue that was already booked out.

10. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +741 / 16
    No way in the world will Fox switch this game for the Bulldogs/Panthers game.
    Basically Channel 9 has first pick for the Friday night games and they will just about always select Brisbane as they always rate well north of the border, Fox then has next pick for it's Monday game. which is their premium night.
    Manly v Storm will rate it's head off on Fox, so no chance of a switch with Dogs v Panthers.

11. Daddycool08

Daddycool08 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4
    I don't watch any other games except Manly games. I might even at a push watch the SOO.

If Manly are on Free to air I just wait until it's on Fox and even then I record it so I can fast-forward through the stupid adds and rough commentary.

12. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,742 / 57
    Something else I'm not surprised at. Cows lead Souffs 12 nil and the Cows have just had 2 tries disallowed, through inconclusive replays, even though the on field refs have said try. Don't anyone try to tell me that Souffs aren't been given an armchair ride this year with the officials.

13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    It's not helping them now.