Who can honestly say they're surprised..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon_eagle

Reserve Grader
Sorry if this has already been posted on here, but I have just heard that the the "BIG" Round 25 match between the Panthers and Bulldogs will be televised live on Nine on Friday night, instead of say, a certain grudge match between the Sea Eagles and Storm.

I realise the Bulldogs rate well on free-to-air blah blah blah, but really, this is probably the least important of all the Western Sydney derbies, if you can even call it one. Whereas our match-up has arguably been "The Rivalry" of the past 6-7 years.

I am fairly certain a host of Manly/Melbourne games have been shafted to a Saturday night in the past, perhaps last season, and definitely in 2008 when it was a clear 1st v 2nd match-up.

Well done to all those at Nein.

That game they have picked could have a bearing on the final complexion of the top 8 with both teams still in the mix

It doesn't worry me at all really, not sure why people get so upset over it ?

Kiwi Eagle said:
That game they have picked could have a bearing on the final complexion of the top 8 with both teams still in the mix

It doesn't worry me at all really, not sure why people get so upset over it ?

On a purely selfish basis, Saturday night means I can attend the match, whereas Friday nights are always a bit more difficult.

HOWEVER, if I was viewing on TV I would much rather see my team live on a friday night instead of on the graveyard saturday night time slot. It's a no brainer

Still a chance they may get switched IMO, with the Bulldogs V Penrith game being forced out of ANZ to accommodate the AFL match that night. Switching Manly V Storm to Friday and The Dogs to saturday may be a solution.

Graveyard Saturday ?

Same timeslot as the Friday night isn't it ?

I guess it doesn't really effect me at all coz we get all the game regardless

There has been no indication our game will be changed. It would be hugely unlikely for that to happen.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Graveyard Saturday ?

Same timeslot as the Friday night isn't it ?

I guess it doesn't really effect me at all coz we get all the game regardless

Depends if our game is the 5.30 one, in which case the viewing figures for that time-slot are the lowest of all the games. Friday night on Nine vs Saturday night on Fox - there is no comparison in my eyes, Kiwi.

What a stuff up by Nine to put the Friday night game at a venue that was already booked out.

No way in the world will Fox switch this game for the Bulldogs/Panthers game.
Basically Channel 9 has first pick for the Friday night games and they will just about always select Brisbane as they always rate well north of the border, Fox then has next pick for it's Monday game. which is their premium night.
Manly v Storm will rate it's head off on Fox, so no chance of a switch with Dogs v Panthers.

I don't watch any other games except Manly games. I might even at a push watch the SOO.

If Manly are on Free to air I just wait until it's on Fox and even then I record it so I can fast-forward through the stupid adds and rough commentary.

Something else I'm not surprised at. Cows lead Souffs 12 nil and the Cows have just had 2 tries disallowed, through inconclusive replays, even though the on field refs have said try. Don't anyone try to tell me that Souffs aren't been given an armchair ride this year with the officials.

mickqld said:
Something else I'm not surprised at. Cows lead Souffs 12 nil and the Cows have just had 2 tries disallowed, through inconclusive replays, even though the on field refs have said try. Don't anyone try to tell me that Souffs aren't been given an armchair ride this year with the officials.

It's not helping them now.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6