Which Jersey do We Wear This Sunday?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I have heard it said that because of our first round win and the loss of the Storm in the Semis that we are now Number 1 Seeded side and therefore wear our Maroon Jersey with the Storm in their white Jersey. Can any confirm this. (Oz tips are listing the Storm as the Home team.)

Personally I would love us to be wearing our maroon jersey, though we will flog them whatever the case!!! ;D

AFAIK we are the top seeded side and hence get "home" status, so it should be the maroon jersey for us.

yep - NRL confirmed yesterday that we will get the choice of which jersey we want to wear.

Is it going to be a hot day? maybe white jersey?

It's all coming up Manly!

Even Better it works out as a Day time Grand Final for us North of the border.

4:30 kick off! w00t all day BBQ, footy in the street, it all sounds good to me

Dan link said:

no Monday public holiday though ;)

DVS Matt link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=178584.msg198905#msg198905 date=1222652173]

no Monday public holiday though ;)
[/quote]

I work Sydney hours/times :)

I get all the NSW and QLD holidays so I get an extra day :)

I don't think the maroon will add extra heat, the materials are all advanced now so we'll be fine.  We'd be stupid not to wear the home jersey

Corso_Pete link said:
The news bulletins tonight showed the team photograph being taken, in the maroon strip.

Yeah, Bell was late. He went to Narrabeen instead of Brookie so they had to wait for him to turn up.

Dan link said:

Kickoff will be around 5:00pm Sydney Eastern Summer Time, probably around 5:10pm I 'reckon.

Onling sports tipping for this match closes at 4:55pm that day.

Fantastic that it is this time - much earlier than it used to be!

Sea Eagles!

I thought this thread was going to be about what jersey we're personally going to wear.. It's such a dilemma!

I can't decide.. I've narrowed it down to my 1996 jersey or my 1987 (??) P&O jersey.. what do you think? What is everyone else wearing?

There's a story on the Manly Daily website about Lyon wanting to play for the Kangaroos and there's a youtube video embedded on that which is about 3 and a half mins of the boys during the photo shoot.  Good watch

And yeah, i'm not sure which jersey i'm wearing either.  I got this year's alternate strip which the Storm will obviously be wearing a mirror version of so i don't think that will do.  So do i go the home strip from 05 or... i was thinking bringing out the 96 GF winning jersey.  Good problem to have!

Forecast is for 23 degrees and possible showers (40% chance of <1mm so not much).  I don't think heat will be much of a factor which in somne respects is a pity as we'd be more aclimatised, fresher and fitter.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6