1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Jersey do We Wear This Sunday?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Canteen Worker, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I have heard it said that because of our first round win and the loss of the Storm in the Semis that we are now Number 1 Seeded side and therefore wear our Maroon Jersey with the Storm in their white Jersey. Can any confirm this. (Oz tips are listing the Storm as the Home team.)

Personally I would love us to be wearing our maroon jersey, though we will flog them whatever the case!!! ;D

2. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    AFAIK we are the top seeded side and hence get "home" status, so it should be the maroon jersey for us.

3. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    yep - NRL confirmed yesterday that we will get the choice of which jersey we want to wear.

Is it going to be a hot day? maybe white jersey?

4. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    It's all coming up Manly!

Even Better it works out as a Day time Grand Final for us North of the border.

4:30 kick off! w00t all day BBQ, footy in the street, it all sounds good to me

5. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    no Monday public holiday though ;)

6. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    no Monday public holiday though ;)
    [/quote]

I work Sydney hours/times :)

I get all the NSW and QLD holidays so I get an extra day :)

7. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    I don't think the maroon will add extra heat, the materials are all advanced now so we'll be fine.  We'd be stupid not to wear the home jersey

8. Corso_Pete

Corso_Pete Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    The news bulletins tonight showed the team photograph being taken, in the maroon strip.

9. ssar

ssar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 4
    Awesome.
    Sea Eagles!

10. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dam i missed that did anyone happen to record that ?

11. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Yeah, Bell was late. He went to Narrabeen instead of Brookie so they had to wait for him to turn up.

12. ssar

ssar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 4
    Kickoff will be around 5:00pm Sydney Eastern Summer Time, probably around 5:10pm I 'reckon.

Onling sports tipping for this match closes at 4:55pm that day.

Fantastic that it is this time - much earlier than it used to be!

Sea Eagles!

13. nita

nita Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I thought this thread was going to be about what jersey we're personally going to wear.. It's such a dilemma!

I can't decide.. I've narrowed it down to my 1996 jersey or my 1987 (??) P&O jersey.. what do you think? What is everyone else wearing?

14. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    There's a story on the Manly Daily website about Lyon wanting to play for the Kangaroos and there's a youtube video embedded on that which is about 3 and a half mins of the boys during the photo shoot.  Good watch

And yeah, i'm not sure which jersey i'm wearing either.  I got this year's alternate strip which the Storm will obviously be wearing a mirror version of so i don't think that will do.  So do i go the home strip from 05 or... i was thinking bringing out the 96 GF winning jersey.  Good problem to have!

15. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Forecast is for 23 degrees and possible showers (40% chance of <1mm so not much).  I don't think heat will be much of a factor which in somne respects is a pity as we'd be more aclimatised, fresher and fitter.