Which clown did this

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is this going to be the finals or a Roosters home game? Shouldn't the sections allocated for each team be the same size all round?

The NRL should have had the double header at the larger venue....i.e ANZ Stadium. And how do they justify ticket prices being higher for the Allianz games than the ANZ? Ticket prices should be the same for the finals no matter if its the SFS or the Olympic stadium.

The winners out of all this? The AFL. They are laughing at the fact that they've been able to force the NRL to use a different venue. Seriously, the Swans should be playing at the SCG, not ANZ (don't be surprised if within a few seasons the Swans try to abandon the SCG and move to Homebush on a permanent basis.....then the scheduling conflicts will really begin).

Problem is that NRL know we don't travel so that's probably why they gave us 2 bays only. Look at the tiny crowds we drew at the last finals game. Roosters will be out in big numbers and it's a home game!!

Darren said:
Problem is that NRL know we don't travel so that's probably why they gave us 2 bays only. Look at the tiny crowds we drew at the last finals game. Roosters will be out in big numbers and it's a home game!!

As of a couple of hours back Manly fans had brought 27% of the tickets sold

Darren said:

We've bought 27% of the tickets sold today for all teams on Saturday.

Wow!! Great news KE!! I was at last finals at sfs and it was a morgue. Even 12k on a sunny Sunday wasn't great but finals do bring extras. Hope we can get good numbers to counter Roosters.

It will be interesting to see how this double header thing works, can quite easily see big portions of the stadium emptying out after game 1 as fans of those teams may not bother sticking around

Same could apply in reverse I suppose with Manly and Roosters fans not bothering to get along early as well, could be big empty spots right in the prime seating locations for both games

Ticket prices are going to prevent this being a sell out. It's just too expensive to get a decent seat for the first weekend of finals.

Kiwi Eagle said:
It will be interesting to see how this double header thing works, can quite easily see big portions of the stadium emptying out after game 1 as fans of those teams may not bother sticking around

Same could apply in reverse I suppose with Manly and Roosters fans not bothering to get along early as well, could be big empty spots right in the prime seating locations for both games
I will not be there before 6:30pm, couldn't give a toss about being there for the early game and I suspect the majority of the Sharks fans feel much the same as I do about hanging around after their match.

Depends on how vigilant the fun police are, if they allow you to move then in might be okay. You'll soon work out if spectators from the first game have left or not so there may be scope to jump bays.
Personally I think the curtain raiser is a cracker - Carney, Thurston, Bowen ( could be his last game ), Gordon, Fifita v Scott and two tough experienced packs of forwards in a knockout semi, get there early and settle in.

What I have to laugh at is reading other league forums, Sharks fans are complaining about having to play the Cowboys at the SFS in the first game instead of it being at Shark Park, their argument being that the Cowboys won't draw a decent crowd. Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't we had to play our finals games against the Cows in the past few years at the Football Stadium instead of Brookvale? Did that not result in smaller crowds?

Besides all that, the Sharks only finished 5th so they didn't even earn a home final. Any thought of them playing at home is a joke (though somehow the 6th placed Dogs get a stand alone home final on Sunday, a game which in the interest of fairness should be played at the SFS and not ANZ, but Greenturd won't do that to the Dogs will he.....)

mickqld said:
Why couldn't the NRL be progressive like the AFL and let the Sharks have their final at Shark park just like the AFL did with Geelong.It's a game that would only get enough to fill Shark park and no more anyway. They are deadset f**kwits the NRL

This would have been the smartest option, seeing as the NRL saw our crowd @ SFS vs the Cowboys in 2011....but the head honchos at the NRL just aren't up to speed.
The "double header" scenario I thought would take place at the bigger stadium (ANZ) hence allowing more supporters in so the other option they could have considered was the Souths/Storm and Dogs/Knights double header on Sunday arvo.

ManlyArmy said:
Separate ticketing for each of the two matches would be the best option.

LOL there's NO way they could do that.

Yea, it's not cheap - I had a quick look at the cat 2 options and promptly discarded that idea and went for Cat 3 (cheapest), after discovering the Telecom $20 tkts had sold out.

Am not interested in the game before as I'll have my son with me, otherwise would probably watch most of that.
As it is we'll be going to a park nearby to scooter/kick footys etc. beforehand, and likely head into the SFS between 5 & 6pm.

Much prefer SFS over Homebush in general, and glad Manly are a part of the double-header there on the Saturday evening - good option for us traveling from Newie, though of course would have preferred the games start earlier.

Shrug, will be great!
Our named team for this is OUTSTANDING, and if we fire well we'll take the match well!

Go Manly!

HoldenV8 said:
Besides all that, the Sharks only finished 5th so they didn't even earn a home final.

Technically, teams 1,2 & 5,6 have earn't the right for a.home 'city' final this weekend. So the sharks do have something to crow about imo. Just the same way we did in 2011.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6