Which big name forward about to sign?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well considering he is more of a hard hitting lock, yes we definitely need him. We have back rowers but none of them are power based, they are all skill based or are workhorses. We need someone with punch and Taupau is that guy.
Agreed Kapaw is the sort of player that will really lift a team with his aggression. Would be great for the young forwards coming through, not to mention the go forward for Api, Parcell and DCE.

The missing link

I think we can manage without a name 5/8 but our current forward pack lacks punch.

Great move if true
Totally agree with this!

We need someone to soften up the opposition pack...we've seen in the past that you can have the best halves pairing in the competition, but if the pack doesn't lay a platform, it borders on useless. All we need for Chez is an honest toiler who is happy to play second fiddle in attack and not let the edge defence down.

If we said we could have a pack of Myles, Api, Lussick, Tapau, Brown, Buhrer .......That means every forward virtually is new to the team except Buhrer who didn't play in 2015 really.
Now that wouldn't be our pack as Jake T is to fit in and others but what do you think of the improvement......positive or not?

If we said we could have a pack of Myles, Api, Lussick, Tapau, Brown, Buhrer .......That means every forward virtually is new to the team except Buhrer who didn't play in 2015 really.
Now that wouldn't be our pack as Jake T is to fit in and others but what do you think of the improvement......positive or not?
Over the plonkers that stop gapped last year??? Two Kiwi internationals, Buhrer, Jake T and Myles is so far ahead of what we threw out last year it's not even comparable. Add a fast hooker and we will actually have a pack that can steamroll teams and shift to speedy second phase play.

The way the pack and halves if Parcell is at 5/8 will play, our backs can be slow because they will just be hitting gaps and finishing.

Zorba said yesterday Killer doesn't want to play 6 and Barrett would like Api and Parcell on the field at the same time. If that's the case we still have one quality back too many. Hiku for all his faults is not a NSW Cup player. Same for Jorge (I am assuming Tom Turbo has a wing). Who is the odd man out there? Or are we not done yet?

What happens of young tom?

Tom is only 19. Yes he is capable of playing FG but in my opinion is behind the others, particularly in defence, at this stage of his career. He will have one more season similar to this year where he splits time between U20s and FG. 2017 is his year either on the wing or FB.

Far from certain though. One of the players involved has commitments outside of footy. These things are far from easy to work out.

I know if I were a Tigers coach and fan, I'd want a player at my club that wants to be there, and Ballin is a cracker. Remember though, he'd be coming off serious injury.
Whilst I am for Taupau would be a great addition as he would add some starch up front, the issue I see is why the Tigers would want to pick up a veteran hooker coming off a serious injury from which he won't return until mid next season to replace an existing hooker of roughly the same age. This is further compounded if Farah chooses to dig his heels in and not leave the tigers as it has been reported remembering he has a heavy back ended contract for the next year or two.

I still think Bird would be a better option or the more likely scenario being Api playing 5/8 with Parcell at hooker, at least for the 2016 season.

Not getting excited until its over the line, but he is the strike forward we need. It means we have the luxury of moving myles or turbo into the back row whick is enormous. Never really seen myles as a prop.

Do we know how bj is holding up. A fit and healthy bj is enormous with theses blokes around him. Competition is fierce. Starling was a big imprvover.

With symonds, buhrer, brown and mateo potentially in the squad there is plenty of versatilty. I dont see a second hooker in the team with these players capable of filling in all over the park.

I can even see mateo starting at 6 and moving in after a while to help blood a 6. Much like cliffy and kosef

I still would have liked jesse in the squad though

Not getting excited until its over the line, but he is the strike forward we need. It means we have the luxury of moving myles or turbo into the back row whick is enormous. Never really seen myles as a prop.

Do we know how bj is holding up. A fit and healthy bj is enormous with theses blokes around him. Competition is fierce. Starling was a big imprvover.

With symonds, buhrer, brown and mateo potentially in the squad there is plenty of versatilty. I dont see a second hooker in the team with these players capable of filling in all over the park.

I can even see mateo starting at 6 and moving in after a while to help blood a 6. Much like cliffy and kosef

Not sure if BJ will be here come March next season. Call it a hunch. And Ballin.

Mateo could be the solution to the 5/8 dilemma for next season thereby moving one backrower to the backline in lieu of potentially another similar ball playing backrower.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4