1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's the hatred?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by COMMANDER, Sep 26, 2011.

1. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Would have had no trouble in the vitriol stakes had we been playing Melbourne, but am having trouble hating the Warriors.

I think this will mean a GF week with less aggro,which is a good thing.

2. Pablo

Pablo Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 15
    Indeed. I was dreading the prospect of losing to the scum. I want the high of 40 nil to live on forever.

3. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Have to agree CC. Dont mind the Warriors, and a much happier week this year for the GF build up.

4. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    On the topic of 'where's the hatred?', I have set myself a goal for this week.
    Of about 30 persons in my workplace, only 2 are Manly fans. One is a Warrior fan (and a really nice person, by the way). My goal is to extract expressions of support for Manly from as many as possible, as an honorary Manly fan for the week.
    Got a few signed up so far, including an Eel, a Rabbit, and a couple of Knights. The hardest case will the Roosters fan, but seriously some people we are probably better off without!
    Ps I work in Newcastle!

5. captainskin

captainskin Active Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0
    No hatred this week. No vendettas this week. No animosity this week. Really, very little stress this week. And this is not to do with feeling smug about a victory... RL is the winner this week.
    Though Manly and the Warriors have had a few bruising battles over the years in Aukland, there seems to have been a mutual respect between the teams. I don't begrudge the Warriors a victory if they happen to get lucky; but there is no rival anger or payback or need to exert domination on my behalf.
    It is a week of celebration and build up to what looks like a fantastic GF. I only hope the team finds something deep inside to 'maintain the rage' as some of us fans have no rage left ;^)

6. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    the warriors have done the tigers and the storm in consecutive weeks so it's kind of hard to hate them! of course if they beat us sunday they'll be starting something that'll need seeing to.

7. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    The Tele is trying to drum up support for the kiwis

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/cheering-the-sydney-warriors/story-e6frexnr-1226147266828

I don't want a loss BUT if it did happen they are about the only team that I could live with. I have lived in NZ and met plenty of their supporters here and it is hard to hate them. Sticking it to the Union boys is almost worth it, BUT NO - that is NOT going to happen. Go Manly!

8. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,549 / 32
    Ben Dorries says in todays Courier Mail that a win for the Warriors is a win for the Broncos. Go figure.

9. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    ben dorries is nothing a but a wank gone horribly horribly wrong

10. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    Man we need to maintain the rage. I'm happy to commiserate with Warrior's fans - right after we've smashed the living sh!te out of their team.

11. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    we need to start hating if even for this week.

Remember kiwis are scum almost up there with Queenslanders (no offense KE my mate)

Kiwis gave us russell crowe (flithy rex hunts)

12. Smithers

Smithers New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Warriors come out to play.

:shy:

13. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I used to really blast the theme tune from the movie - loved it. Let's see if they can run the gauntlet home in one piece :)

14. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Kiwis gave us Steve Matai, Keiron Foran, Nood

15. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    I just cant wait till we are 20minutes into the game ..
    I dont knw it seems easy now which is bad, so i just want the game to start & see how we are travelling after 20 i cant wait. The longer i wait the more confident i feel & i dnt like that ..I dnt like feeling over confident ..