Where's our luck this season...??!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PCam

Thinking back over the season to-date, i don't reckon we've had our 'rub-of-the-green' so far...??

How many dropped balls and leangth of the field trys against us this year... is it three...?? Mullen last night and 2 x Kevin Gordon vs Titans...

Luck will turn i reckon...as there are many 50/50 calls that don't seem to go our way either. Even last night, we copped a couple of soft ruck penalties, and the Knights certainly held us down more than those in the second half, particularly early...

They say u make your own luck. Put it this way if we play better we don't put ourselves in a position to lose!!

Stiffi link said:
They say u make your own luck. Put it this way if we play better we don't put ourselves in a position to lose!!

Agree with this 100%. The team shows up in the right frame of mind and they can belt anyone. You only have to look at how the team came out last night and you could tell they weren't up for it.

Yes, you make your own luck to some extent, but at some point things either go your way or don't regardless of effort, class etc...

Love the old Steve Waugh saying, 'form is temporary, class is permanent'.
This Manly team certainly fits that category (for the majority anyway). Our record over the past 3-4 years is great compared to everyone but the Storm (and we all know how that happened!).

For sure, Des will be FURIOUS over the effort last night...and the boys should be embarassed...

the bad luck we had re tigers and parra was made up for by our very good luck re souths and cowboys.Over 26 rounds we cant blame luck.

what we can blame is the fact that we have been at the top of the penalty counts against for the last  2 years.

penalty = repeat set = try

statistically the vast majority of tries come on the back of repeat sets.

we need to get off quicker and back our defence. give me a fast 6 to deal with anytime versus a slow 18.

Yes Susan, it's those stupid stupid penalties.  Des should have the stats on just who is responsible and hook him.  It's not acceptable to lie on players for an eternity, and I saw it again and again last night.  It's just lazy and it must really get up the nose of others who have to defend.  I can't understand why Des tolerates it. 

susan link said:
the bad luck we had re tigers and parra was made up for by our very good luck re souths and cowboys.Over 26 rounds we cant blame luck.

what we can blame is the fact that we have been at the top of the penalty counts against for the last  2 years.

penalty = repeat set = try

statistically the vast majority of tries come on the back of repeat sets.

we need to get off quicker and back our defence. give me a fast 6 to deal with anytime versus a slow 18.

Spot on, take those first 4 or 5 penalties out the game last night and how many tries would have Drugcastle scored, probably none and the game could have had a different ending all together.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6