Where's Jamie ????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We need to buy Lyon a red and white striped jumper and matching hat so that we can find him on the field.

Was he even out there in the second half, after grassing that pass I didn't see him for about half an hour. Fark me it's going to be a long year if this is any indication of what we are in for.

Based on tonights performance I'd rather Beaver started at 5/8 at least he created some opportunities and made some breaks.

Lyons put on weight as well IMO. Taking the extra servings Kane Cleal is now not eating.

Lyons just isn't cutting it ..... what a waste of money he has proven to be so far ..... but who do you play at5/8?? Beaver doesn't have the ball skills to be a 5/8 ....... Wells might be worth a try, move Lyons to the Centres and drop Bell who is hopelessly out of form and clearly lacks confidence

manlyone link said:
Lyons just isn't cutting it ..... what a waste of money he has proven to be so far ..... but who do you play at5/8?? Beaver doesn't have the ball skills to be a 5/8 ....... Wells might be worth a try, move Lyons to the Centres and drop Bell who is hopelessly out of form and clearly lacks confidence
the kid from U20s Keiren Foran couldn't do any worse

Have you ever seen Foran play BE ?

The kid is 17, and unless you are a Benji Marshall or SBW, you are not ready at 17.

Darren is our expert on the lower grades, and he says Foran is 2 years away at best

Kiwi Eagle link said:

The kid is 17, and unless you are a Benji Marshall or SBW, you are not ready at 17.

Darren is our expert on the lower grades, and he says Foran is 2 years away at best

Oh well it was just a thought, cause there is really no one else that can step into the 5/8 spot, unless we move Orford to 5/8 and get another halfback

I know where you are coming from mate, but i just can't see the positives in promoting the bloke. In a few years not a problem, but at 17 too much of a risk for me

When i look around i don't see any option other than Lyon really, Menzies at 5/8 doesn't do it for me. Maybe Des needs to tell him to forget about his outsides for a couple of weeks and just tuck the ball under the arm and go for it.

That kick of his last night, which was woeful, but if he executed it right would have been a great looking play and a good option, could have been the shot in the arm he needed if he pulled it off

Kiwi Eagle link said:

I've watched Kieran's last two games. He was awesome against the Sharks, and he had good moments last night but he still made plenty of mistakes as well. He's a long way off first grade judging on how he played last night, but that's ok because he is only 17 and based on his improvement over the past year he certainly has a good future. 2 years would be great to see him in first grade. It would also be a huge step for him. I'd go as far as saying he mightn't be ready till he is 20...

Menzies is the best option for the moment for mine. At least until Matai comes back. Gives us two proper centres (no Vaealiki), gives us an extra forward on the field and Beaver's passing game isn't any worse than Lyon's (or even Ox's really...)

I dont know about Wells at 5/8 as some are suggesting.  Is he seriously going to fix all our attacking problems?  Fark no.  No time for knee jerk reactions just yet, for me it is either Menzies at 5/8 or leave Lyon there.

I think it's about getting Lyon in to the centres to improve the attack, he's an awesome weapon to have but he isn't firing at 5/8, stick him where he has dominated games in the past, see how he goes and let somebody else be mediocre in the 6.

I think the move to sign Carney was a sign that Des realises our halves combo isn't right. I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes this year in the halves and Manly searching far and wide with some big dollars to fix the problem.

Flip link said:
I think the move to sign Carney was a sign that Des realises our halves combo isn't right. I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes this year in the halves and Manly searching far and wide with some big dollars to fix the problem.

I hope so or at least get Lyon out of 5/8 & back in the centres where he belongs.

Move Stewart to 5/8 and Bani to fullback.  Worked for Brisbane and Stewart is smart enough, fast enough, defense is sound and has good hands. 

Kiwi Eagle link said:

You'll notice both those players weren't playing on the weekend because of injuries. They are too young. One of my mates studies this sort of stuff and he is a Rugby League nut and he said from day dot with both those players that they will be hampered by injuries. They are too young to be playing against 6 foot 100kg men every week. It won't happen they need to wait until they are at least 20.

The same bloke I talk of thinks Israel Falou may not go down the same track as he is a giant and plays outwide against mainly smaller opponents.

It's a terrible idea to throw "kids" into the game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4