Where were the supporters?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I got the game and it was well worth it. Saw the rain in Newcastle last night on the Fox replay and am very grateful we didn't cop that bucketing.

Again im not impressed with Manly fans. \"Fairweather fans\" is a tag i still think is very much worthy.

Surely if you had a good excuse not to go for a few but 10,000? We lose a few games.. a few players to origin and they all lose hope. If we beat Panthers and add the bye and were near the top im sure theyre will be a full house again. Pfft.

I think it was more the weather than anything else. I was going to go then called up my mate who I was going with who lives in Harbord and he said he wasnt going due to the rain. was pissing down when I called him so we decided to sit at my place and drink a carton instead!!!!

I feel dirty for not going, I dont know how Ryan can do it each week ;)

We arrived at the ground at 7.15pm & managed to find enough room for 8 people to sit on the 40m line of the hill. I was disappointed with the crowd. With key players missing from both teams , I wasn't overly confident going into this match. The new guys performed well & took full advantage of the opportunity presented to them. The BYE comes at a great time. We should be close to full strength for the Panthers game ( Beavers 300th ) & then will probably be missing Beaver , Kite & Bell for the Tigers game.

Manly supporters should make the effort to get out to Penrith on Sunday week. I'm going to miss my teams touch footy grand final to be there.

I'm sure Ryan will get to at least 1 game this season.

We arrived at the ground at 7.15pm & managed to find enough room for 8 people to sit on the 40m line of the hill. I was disappointed with the crowd. With key players missing from both teams , I wasn't overly confident going into this match. The new guys performed well & took full advantage of the opportunity presented to them. The BYE comes at a great time. We should be close to full strength for the Panthers game ( Beavers 300th ) & then will probably be missing Beaver , Kite & Bell for the Tigers game.

Manly supporters should make the effort to get out to Penrith on Sunday week. I'm going to miss my teams touch footy grand final to be there.

I'm sure Ryan will get to at least 1 game this season.

Mate - done. Been to two already. You'll have to do better than that to try and make me look like a poor supporter.....
:drunk:

[quote author=KaZa]
Again im not impressed with Manly fans. \"Fairweather fans\" is a tag i still think is very much worthy.

Surely if you had a good excuse not to go for a few but 10,000? We lose a few games.. a few players to origin and they all lose hope. If we beat Panthers and add the bye and were near the top im sure theyre will be a full house again. Pfft.

I think it was more the weather than anything else. I was going to go then called up my mate who I was going with who lives in Harbord and he said he wasnt going due to the rain. was pissing down when I called him so we decided to sit at my place and drink a carton instead!!!!

I feel dirty for not going, I dont know how Ryan can do it each week ;)

[/quote]

Mate - if you saw the tantrums I throw when we are scored against, you'd be glad I didn't attend the games :lol:
Absolutely shameful !!!
In all truth, it's just that I work hard all week, and on the weekend, I want to spend all my time with my son. And he's not too happy after about 08:00pm.

Rexx - Donnelly plays well when he feels like it. I think he has gone all right in recent weeks but I have no doubt that he was let go because his attitude was a danger to team harmony.
I didn't see Cuthbo in seconds. Although nothings been said I thought he was injured. He only played 17 minutes against the Broncos acording to Big League.
Great summary by the way.

The downpour at Harbord and surrounding areas late in the arvo was huge. It would have taken out a lot of the families who were intending to go. We were very lucky not to get wet on the night.

I thought Malangi had a solid but unspectacular debut. For those not at the ground he did a couple of someraults for the crowd after the match. Both the crowd and his team mates thought it was great.

Yup i didnt go becuase of the downpour. I was playing soccer at Grahmas reserve and the massive downpour came righht in the middle of the second half (about 4:30ish) I got absolutely soaked and was freezing with our Young son we thought it wasn't worth taking him out in the cold in case it rained, he would have got sick.

So stayed in instead

looking from the hill it seemed like more than 8 thousand to me. Great game, lots of noise. Q. Why does that irritating ground announcer have to ask if their are any of the other team fans about. He does it all the time. He's crap and should be replaced. Just ignore their fans I say.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4