Where we have been average

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
3 weeks from the end of the competition rounds one stat shows the kind of season we have had - in defence we have let in more points than 8 other teams.

The good news is that out team can defend, they showed that last year. A successful return for Brett Stewart is probably more important for allowing a better defensive formation than it is for whatever he can add to the attack.

They say defence is largely about attitude, I am sure that is right. However having inexperienced players in key positions such as the back 3 is also a factor. Dropping the ball and conceding penalties is the other factor that puts too much pressure on any defence.

We can fix the defence but that is what we have to fix if we are to get to the semis, let alone to get there with loftier ambitions.

We are in the top bunch in attack and have allowed a lot more points than last season - the for and against shows it. Tougher defence is what is needed though of course, those games in which we had millions of opportunities on the opposition's line and blew it, also haven't done much for us supporters.

It can be fixed, but should be done now rather than in a few weeks.

We could be coasting, waiting for the big games or alternatively we just don't have the same hunger or 'vibe' this season.

People under estimate the importance of Brett Stewart in our defence. He organises from the back and actually makes tackles and catches players from breaks.

Add the fact that instead of not scoring on our end.. and giving the opposition the ball and ultimately more possession, as apposed to when Brett plays.. we score more and we get the ball back increasing our %.

I cant get my head around this "last year" stuff it sounds like Dragons supporters with their "but we won all those premierships in a row"

so what!

Taking the angry pills today Dan. Such aggression. Of course last year is the benchmark - we won and were the best team in the comp.

The only relevance of last year is that several of this year's team were also part of last year's team.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
The only relevance of last year is that several of this year's team were also part of last year's team.

and several weren't, perhaps our key defense men, are missing.

Canteen Worker link said:
Taking the angry pills today Dan. Such aggression. Of course last year is the benchmark - we won and were the best team in the comp.

Its been a very very long few weeks of work, and most of the things I have had to fix, would be a lot easier if people would cut the bull**** and just tell the truth and admit BS when there is BS

Dan link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=181383.msg237197#msg237197 date=1250499679]

and several weren't, perhaps our key defense men, are missing.

Canteen Worker link said:

Its been a very very long few weeks of work, and most of the things I have had to fix, would be a lot easier if people would cut the bullS**t and just tell the truth and admit BS when there is BS
[/quote]

It just shows how much clean up work Beaver and Willo did doesn't it?

Dan link said:
I cant get my head around this \"last year\" stuff it sounds like Dragons supporters with their \"but we won all those premierships in a row\"

so what!

Teams and players and coaches that have been there may know something about how to get there again. We'll have to wait and see.

Oh come on Nicci...we have been "average" because Brett Stewarts bum hasn't been shown for all you girls to see all year!!

niccipops link said:
Where we have been average this year - on the football field.

We were pretty average off it too at the beginning of the year.

We need to smash these Purple Pricks in defense and make sure we get a good kick chase on them and pin them near their own line. If we can do that the rest will take care of itself.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8