Where to start with that one

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not nearly as intense as the Souths game. I felt the Chooks rarely threatened us but on the other hand we couldn't mount dangerous attacks ourselves.

In the end it was one that got away. If our only losses are this close then we will still be thereabouts later when it counts.

We need more from our forward rotation. Just not enough punch with Gower and Buhrer. I'll give Rose a few more weeks. Wonder how far Sao is away from NRL.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Not nearly as intense as the Souths game. I felt the Chooks rarely threatened us but on the other hand we couldn't mount dangerous attacks ourselves.

In the end it was one that got away. If our only losses are this close then we will still be thereabouts later when it counts.

They never looked like scoring when in close. Likewise we didn't look threatening near their line either.

Our handling killed us, and silly errors like Stewarts kick and DCE failing to find touch.

We do need more from our reserves..And those bagging Richie's play(not his discipline which was terrible) will realise it in a few weeks.You cant lose 4 forwards and maintain the rage Im afraid.

SeaEagleRock8 said:

i dont think any team has really threaten us this year at all..

the games WE have lost are down to silly mistakes , panic attack , missed conversions and falling behind the 8th ball during the game which feels like a mountain to climb...

no team has dominated us when we have lost. the only team that dominated us this year if any was the dragons and we still won..

run straight with support play and we will see the difference.

can anyone tell me ??? what has happened to that simple play when 2 runners run at the line that gives the dummy half 3 options and puts the defense it 2 minds ??? it is a very effective play.

3 options - run from dummy half , or pass to either runner...

i remember the Newcastle forwards did that too us a few years ago at marathon and we were down 2/3 tries in the first 15 minutes , but i still think we won that one.. very effective play instead of the obvious one up run which is obvious.
i have noticed that not many teams/players create doubt in the opposition these days when they run the ball at the line ... ( daley , johns, stuart , langer , smith etc )

First game I've attended this year.

Gave plenty to Kenny-Dowell from his first carry, I'll take the credit for him having a terrible game. Almost got into a punch on with some Easts poofs, another highlight.

I don't see how we lost that though, definitely missing Snake.

Hiku okay. Not going to call a future star yet but pretty solid. A bit like Whare in that he knew where to be and what to do but not brilliant like some of these earlier bloomers eg. RTS for the Rorters. And look at Whare for the panthers now we could have used him tonight, or old field (on the roosters side). What else have we got winger wise? It seems a night to give it to club favourites... so I will lay off the wolfman, he played better before gift came back. Then again one try tonight against the run of play then three penalty goals and missing snake who even not fully fit shows you how good he is by his absence tonight. Would have been a good night for Ben Farrer at FB if he was fit.

I miss that guy.

Taufua needs more of a wrap aswell i think. What a year he is having. So strong. Sign him up for many years to come.

I don't think Jorge will go anywhere whilst he has Stevie next to him. I could never see Stevie playing against Manly. So hopefully we will have the two of them for quite a few more years.

ifernolan said:
First game I've attended this year.

Gave plenty to Kenny-Dowell from his first carry, I'll take the credit for him having a terrible game. Almost got into a punch on with some Easts poofs, another highlight.

I don't see how we lost that though, definitely missing Snake.

Well done mate.

I was also giving SKiDs heaps but particularly Maloney. Can't believe that clown didn't miss a kick despite my best efforts... :(

SKiDs was our best player last night lol

In my opinion, the Roosters played as well as they could and we didn't. We're off our game and the stupid turnovers don't help. 28/40 is ****house!! Turn that around and probably stop Glenn Stewart ball playing until he is fit and we'll be right. Massive turn around required for next week.

Anyone who seriously thinks you can play 4 forwards for 80 minutes for 24 rounds in modern NRL is deluding themselves. Every year we see it is the sides who are peaking at the right time win it and here we are flogging our best players and leaving 2 guys with a blanket over their knees.By round 16 we will be lucky to get a side on the field.We are playing dumb both on and off the field at the moment.

If we manage our players better,get a bit of luck with injury at the backend and hang on to 3rd or 4th we can still win this by playing tough simple football.

Keep on with this 15 players v 17 players rubbish and we are toast.Simple as that.

We had our most important player in Brett Stewart out, along with Joe Galuvao, Richie Fa'aoso, Jason King and the late withdrawal of Tom Symonds. We were playing the best defensive team in the NRL who were at full strength except for rookie Sam Moa. The only way they scored tries was by each of our wingers fumbling the ball. I hope we meet them again in the finals with Brett, Richie and Symonds back on the field. IMO, as the two senior players of the team, Glenn Stewart and Jamie Lyon didn't take on enough responsibility last night with so many players out. Hiku was outstanding filling in for Brett. Matai and Choc gave their usual 100%. The team didn't play with any patience. We tried to score form every play. I have no doubts we win if we didn't push the pass at every opportunity.

Looking at these games individually gets us nowhere.We are a tired team playing gallant but dumb footy getting more tired each week and the errors are a symptom of playing 15 v 17.Keep up the current bench tactics and a team like the raiders(after a Melbourne roadtrip) will teach us the lesson we need to snap us out of this ridiculous approach.

silvertail said:
Agree, Ballin looks like he is on Valium at the moment. If we are playing 16 players atm, the may as well blood a dynamic hooker to lighten his load.

Buhrer,,,,,offering bugger all value this year. Needs a long spell to put on some bulk.

I thought Kayne Lawton would be the one to add the L'estrange factor to the dummy half by now. The reports on him from blokes that have been watching (Darren and FB) suggest he isn't doing enough to warrant selection...disappointing. (still hopeful)
If Hiku can handle the scums inside/ out play (which I reckon they'll probably run at him from the opening whistle!)...then he'll be sweet. If he can link up more with Tafua he'll go even better.

Our wingers fumbling the ball has cost us two wins now this year. Taufua's fumble on the Gold Coast and again last night. Wolfies fumble for the Chooks first try last night (wasn't entirely his fault as it was a crap pass at his feet and behind him). We don't have a lot to fix. Just small things like that and we could so easily be leading the comp. I know we have lost two games out of the last three, but I am more confident now that we can win the premiership this year than I was at the start of the year. However, we cannot afford any more injuries. Souths are our biggest threat IMO.

Bones, its not pronounced Gold Coast any more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gktl4f_hejE

**This clip contains language that may offend**

Good post KE!!! Agree with you and everyone on their comments regarding our play and performance.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6