1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to here for International Footy?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by eagles2win, Nov 2, 2013.

1. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Given all the positives that this World Cup is generating where to now?

Done right they could grow even more.
    Sure they'll always have the 'big 3' playing tests and maybe the return of the Lions.

But I mean for the minnow's -
    They need to make sure countries aren't hibernating until World Cup time -
    the Island Nations this is more directed at they need to be playing more tests both against each other(make the Pacific Cup an annual thing - Europe already does) and Australia and NZ.
    Italy - if they could get the heritage players playing more as well as with the domestic players it would help them.
    Not sure what to do with the US(same with Canada and Jamaica) maybe they play against Island Nations at the end of the year.

2. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,642 / 74
    It's good, play it down here and in nz next time. Many games quite competitive.

3. eagles2win

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    I mean between World Cups

4. CAMBO

CAMBO New Member

Ratings:
    +363 / 0
    Make Manly Warringah a country and I'll follow international RL

Don't think we need it look at basketball the nba craps all over international bball just like NRL does in league. I barely follow origin. It's all about manly

• Like Like x 3
  5. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    Manly v GB at Brookie.

6. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Its funny GB thought Tooves was a ballboy till he started picking them up & driving them into the turf, doubt they would get confused now..

• Like Like x 1
  7. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,731 / 10
    On the subject of International Footy,
    It's amusing to see Shane Hayne & the other W.Cup Refs getting around in jerseys sponsored by Specsavers.

The irony.

• Like Like x 1
  8. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,351 / 111
    The Tonga Samoa fixture earlier this year was a great idea, They should make it a regular thing and maybe add PNG V Cook Islands

9. eagles2win

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    With a Pac Cup they could do it this way :

Move Origin to the weekend
    NZ plays there own version of Origin or a ROTW team (Burgi, Tomki, Casty and a few others)
    Pac Cup Knockout comp involving - Cook Is, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Aus Ind(selection rules ie Country players), NZ Maori(selected from NZ Comp) another two teams.

Let the likes of Australia and New Zealand play the lesser lights(yes you'll get floggings) - but at the moment I'm watching Japan vs New Zealand in union and the last 3 games between the two reads like this -
    1995 - NZ 145 - 17
    2011 NZ 83 - 7
    2013 NZ 54 - 6 end of current game

10. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +836 / 24
    Agreed.
    I have zero interest in international league. I actually would be ok with our team being beaten. I mean, we have the likes of Inglis, Smith, Thurston, Thaiday and Myles in the aussie team. How can anyone seriously cheer for a team containing those dickheads?

Its Manly or nothing...world cup = yaaaaaawwnnn

• Like Like x 1
  11. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    [attachment=718]
    yeah, if toovs was a cartoon character, he'll be "Mighty Mouse".

Attached Files:

12. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    I thought Tooves would be more like "Atom Ant".
    [hr]
    Funny you should mention Shame Hayne. The ref in the Australia vs Fiji game must have Hayne as his mentor. In what looked like an instant replay of the GF, Thurston "did a Mitchell Pearce" and clearly knocked on just before half time.....yet the ref called it a knock back. Halligan in commentary was blowing up about it, and even Vossy thought they got it wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  13. eagles2win

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    I actually find the Australian Team arrogant compared to the other teams nothing romantic about them.
    Living of there past glories and that's it.

I'd love to see the likes of Jim Hasson commit to Ireland hell it's an interesting way to see the world.
    Australia you'd see 3 countries and that's it and there's no guarantee of actually making the Roos.

14. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Why do people with zero interest in international league etc always feel the need to open clearly titled topics on it to tell us ?

15. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,795 / 58
    Clearly titled? I first clicked on this thread to work out what the op meant!!

lol :p:D:cool::angel:

That said, agreeing with your sentiments and enjoying the international footy.

16. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +836 / 24
    Because on this forum all kinds of opinions are heard, not just yes man, pro-opinions. When the Silvertails $10, 000 fining system comes into place i will stop the emotional outbursts and audacious questioning of the game. How dare me!