Where to here for International Footy?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
Given all the positives that this World Cup is generating where to now?

Done right they could grow even more.
Sure they'll always have the 'big 3' playing tests and maybe the return of the Lions.

But I mean for the minnow's -
They need to make sure countries aren't hibernating until World Cup time -
the Island Nations this is more directed at they need to be playing more tests both against each other(make the Pacific Cup an annual thing - Europe already does) and Australia and NZ.
Italy - if they could get the heritage players playing more as well as with the domestic players it would help them.
Not sure what to do with the US(same with Canada and Jamaica) maybe they play against Island Nations at the end of the year.

Make Manly Warringah a country and I'll follow international RL

Don't think we need it look at basketball the nba craps all over international bball just like NRL does in league. I barely follow origin. It's all about manly

On the subject of International Footy,
It's amusing to see Shane Hayne & the other W.Cup Refs getting around in jerseys sponsored by Specsavers.

The irony.

The Tonga Samoa fixture earlier this year was a great idea, They should make it a regular thing and maybe add PNG V Cook Islands

With a Pac Cup they could do it this way :

Move Origin to the weekend
NZ plays there own version of Origin or a ROTW team (Burgi, Tomki, Casty and a few others)
Pac Cup Knockout comp involving - Cook Is, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Aus Ind(selection rules ie Country players), NZ Maori(selected from NZ Comp) another two teams.

Let the likes of Australia and New Zealand play the lesser lights(yes you'll get floggings) - but at the moment I'm watching Japan vs New Zealand in union and the last 3 games between the two reads like this -
1995 - NZ 145 - 17
2011 NZ 83 - 7
2013 NZ 54 - 6 end of current game

CAMBO said:
Make Manly Warringah a country and I'll follow international RL. It's all about manly

Agreed.
I have zero interest in international league. I actually would be ok with our team being beaten. I mean, we have the likes of Inglis, Smith, Thurston, Thaiday and Myles in the aussie team. How can anyone seriously cheer for a team containing those dickheads?

Its Manly or nothing...world cup = yaaaaaawwnnn

[attachment=718]
MK Eagle said:
Brissie Kid said:
Manly v GB at Brookie.
Its funny GB thought Tooves was a ballboy till he started picking them up & driving them into the turf, doubt they would get confused now..

yeah, if toovs was a cartoon character, he'll be "Mighty Mouse".

Attachments

• Mighty-Mouse.jpg
    Mighty-Mouse.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1
cliffhanger said:
yeah, if toovs was a cartoon character, he'll be "Mighty Mouse".

I thought Tooves would be more like "Atom Ant".

wedgetail eagle said:
On the subject of International Footy,
It's amusing to see Shane Hayne & the other W.Cup Refs getting around in jerseys sponsored by Specsavers.

The irony.

Funny you should mention Shame Hayne. The ref in the Australia vs Fiji game must have Hayne as his mentor. In what looked like an instant replay of the GF, Thurston "did a Mitchell Pearce" and clearly knocked on just before half time.....yet the ref called it a knock back. Halligan in commentary was blowing up about it, and even Vossy thought they got it wrong.

Lord Eagleton said:
CAMBO said:
Make Manly Warringah a country and I'll follow international RL. It's all about manly

Agreed.
I have zero interest in international league. I actually would be ok with our team being beaten. I mean, we have the likes of Inglis, Smith, Thurston, Thaiday and Myles in the aussie team. How can anyone seriously cheer for a team containing those dickheads?

Its Manly or nothing...world cup = yaaaaaawwnnn

I actually find the Australian Team arrogant compared to the other teams nothing romantic about them.
Living of there past glories and that's it.

I'd love to see the likes of Jim Hasson commit to Ireland hell it's an interesting way to see the world.
Australia you'd see 3 countries and that's it and there's no guarantee of actually making the Roos.

Why do people with zero interest in international league etc always feel the need to open clearly titled topics on it to tell us ?

Kiwi Eagle said:
Why do people with zero interest in international league etc always feel the need to open clearly titled topics on it to tell us ?

Clearly titled? I first clicked on this thread to work out what the op meant!!

lol :p:D:cool::angel:

That said, agreeing with your sentiments and enjoying the international footy.

Kiwi Eagle said:

Because on this forum all kinds of opinions are heard, not just yes man, pro-opinions. When the Silvertails $10, 000 fining system comes into place i will stop the emotional outbursts and audacious questioning of the game. How dare me!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4