Where to from here...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Using this as the guide (geez it looks good too):

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/teams/manly-sea-eagles/

What is our next move? If we let say most of the remaining guys who aren't signed go, surely we can add another forward like Grub Bird plus replenish the depth. Chee Kam as an example was probably signed for more than what he was worth as he was the player of the year before joining us. Plus say Wolfie is on more than a young NSW Cup level player would be worth (e.g. Mamo). Think there is still more to come...

Also as far as $ goes, Matai and Ballin go into their new deals - not sure if they are golden handshake deals or for reduced amounts.

Assuming Killer moves to 5/8, then I think we need a starting calibre back rower and NSW Cup level young/tall/fast backs.

Last night on fox Toovey said we still have to cover the loss of Foran...I'd assumed (for financial reason) that we were going to cover that loss from within but apparently not.
Exciting times ahead.

Let's kick this mighty Chevy into action . Here we come . Christ there is going to be some worried sides in the near future and it's going to start Fri night .

There is no 'must retains' in the list of off contract players, imo.
My concern is the re-signing of two of my favourite players - Matai and Ballin - for two more seasons. As much as I have admired their play and devotion over the years, when I take off the maroon-coloured glasses I don;t think either will be a force in 2016 let alone 2017. It would be fitting if the club offered them to an English team for the next two seasons so they could help financially secure their future, then guarantee them jobs within the Manly organisation because both could fill training, coaching and mentoring roles.

I want to see MCK re-signed.

Why i hear you think

Well for 1 he is good enough for back up in NSW cup and his price would reflect this however that is not the reason, he has 2 brothers in the lower grades who are killing it. If either of those come through and become NRL players then the 2nd tier salary cap payments to MCK are justified.

There is no 'must retains' in the list of off contract players, imo.
My concern is the re-signing of two of my favourite players - Matai and Ballin - for two more seasons. As much as I have admired their play and devotion over the years, when I take off the maroon-coloured glasses I don;t think either will be a force in 2016 let alone 2017. It would be fitting if the club offered them to an English team for the next two seasons so they could help financially secure their future, then guarantee them jobs within the Manly organisation because both could fill training, coaching and mentoring roles.

We can cover Matai with the depth we have. He does look like he is struggling this year. Even lyon looks so slow out wide this year. Crazy, considering both were fantastic only 9 months ago?
Ballin tackles his heart out, but we need a more dangerous attacking hooker.

Going off that zero-tackle list, as well as my own speculation that Lussick is signed we need another four players for the top 25. of the off contract players I would retain only Sao and (Lui at the right price). This would free up a fair chunk of money for which we only need another two/three players for the top 25. I'm not convinced there isn't enough there for a crack at Sam Burgess (Don't forget we're still paying $650k for Watmough this season plus 250k each for Mason, Chee-Kam and Horo). Then I'd fill the squad with some younger guys such as Ash Taylor, Jake Mamo, Matt Parcell as well as some home grown youngsters such as Liam Knight, Riley Travers, Will Pearsall and Addison Demetriou.

This would make the squad

Stewart
Taufua
Hiku
Matai
Trbojevic
Lyon
Cherry-Evans
Myles
Ballin
Lawrence
Leary
Buhrer
S Burgess

Trbojevic
Mateo
Starling
Lussick

L Burgess
Sao
Symonds
Sene-Lefao
Hodges
Gutherson
Mamo
Taylor
Parcell
Travers
Knight
Pearsall
Demetriou

Why Jake Mamo? We'll already be unable to fit our backline in at full strength. Are we trying to buy the NSW cup premiership too? I'd rather bring our own juniors through than risk losing them because they can't get a gig after we've poached everyone elses.

While we still have Snake and Killer in our team we owe it to them to put a team on the park that can win the Grand Final next year, I believe Greg Bird would make us that.
Outside of him I would like to sign Cornish to see if he could become a long term 6, let him and Travers compete for the chance to be 5/8 in 2017. Out of our off contract players this year (2015) Sao is the only one I would resign. The others I would let go due to age or ability.

STEWART, Brett (Last Season)
2 GUTHERSON, Clinton
3 HIKU, Peta
4 MATAI, Steve
5 TAUFUA, Jorge (Off Contract End of the year)
6 LYON, Jamie (c) (Last Season)
7 CHERRY-EVANS, Daly
8 TRBOJEVIC, Jake
9 BALLIN, Matt
10 MYLES, Nate
11 LEARY, Blake (Off Contract End of the year)
12 BUHRER, Jamie (Off Contract End of the year)
13 BIRD, Greg (Sign 2 years)

14 HODGES, Jayden (Off Contract End of the year)
15 STARLING, Josh
16 SAO, Ligi (Resign 2 years)
17 SYMONDS, Tom (Off Contract End of the year)

18 TRBOJEVIC, Tom (Move to fullback 2017)
19 WILIAME, Brayden (Last Season)
20 BURGESS, Luke (Last Season) (Release if we have signed Lussick)
LAWRENCE, Brenton (Last Season)
22 MATEO, Feleti (Last Season)
23 SENE-LEFAO, Jesse (Off Contract End of the year)
24 TRAVERS, Riley (Resign 2 years)
25 CORNISH, Mitch (Sign 2 years)

There is some serious young/prime talent off contract in 2016 that we would have good money to go after with the above players retiring.

Wing - Josh Mansour, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Centre - George Jennings, Michael Jennings, Robert Jennings, Brenko Lee, Joey Leilua, Dylan Walker, Jack Wighton
5/8 - Jack Bird, Moses Mbye, Kodi Nikorima, Jackson Hastings, Luke Keary, Ashley Taylor
Hooker - Apisai Koroisau, Kieran Moseley, Nathan Peats, Mitch Rein, James Segeyaro
Prop - George Burgess, Thomas Burgess, Reagan Campbell-Gillard, David Klemmer
Backrow - Boyd Cordner, Matt Gillett, Josh Jackson, Ethan Lowe, Robbie Rochow, Tariq Sims, Joel Thompson, Elijah Taylor

Using this as the guide (geez it looks good too):

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/teams/manly-sea-eagles/

What is our next move? If we let say most of the remaining guys who aren't signed go, surely we can add another forward like Grub Bird plus replenish the depth. Chee Kam as an example was probably signed for more than what he was worth as he was the player of the year before joining us. Plus say Wolfie is on more than a young NSW Cup level player would be worth (e.g. Mamo). Think there is still more to come...
Lot of Ironstines seem to post on there. Here are a few outstanding examples....
hardenup
Posted June 4, 2015 at 11:03 AM
Alot of you loserd sound like scorned lovers. Break ups are never easy hahahahaha

moeszyslak
Posted June 4, 2015 at 11:53 AM
If all we need is an escape goat, I say we just let this one go –

goat-escaping-color-2.jpg

Where indeed. I'll need to make some assumptions, so here go's….

If Barrett is to be coach next year, he needs to come in as soon as possible, like next week. This year is a write off and we need to start preparations for next season and the future. He will have different ideas to Toovey and it'll be interesting to see what he does with certain players.

The reasons why we find ourselves dead last are a matter of conjecture and have been covered over and over. However, no one can deny our forwards haven't been up to it for going on 12 months now. Some of our backs are in the twilight of their careers but are still class players. Their struggles are being exacerbated by the forwards inability to dominate or at least achieve parity.

If Lussick is at the club in 2016, that's a big boost to our forward strength. Myles will bring plenty of experience and Jake will be even better next year. Leary has been terrific but in my opinion, should be in the 17 as the back up hooker to give Ballin a spell. Hodges is too 1 dimensional and Leary offers more.

We have a really good squad that isn't playing with any confidence or intent. The Dragons, Cowboys and Broncos look like they're excited to play each week. It's been a long time since we looked liked that.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6