Where to from here?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Totally agree with Bob Dylan :

We are playing below our best and are still competitive with the best teams in the competition.

Let's look on the positive side. We're still 4th ( lot of teams would love to be in the top 4 ). We'll have Foran back next week and Richie the week after.

Our next 4 games :

Parra @ Brookie
Cowboys @ Townsville ( no Thurston , Scott , Tamou , Tate )
Titans @ Brookie
Tigers @ Campbelltown

If we win at least 3 of these , we'll be well placed , running into the final few rounds.

"You don't win premierships in July"

Regards
ChuckWood

For just the third time all year, the opposition scored more tries than Manly did. Not a bad record considering we haven't been at full strength for a single match yet this year.

What I want to know is where is the team that played Melbourne? Where is the team that played the first 5 rds this season? How does a team perform so brilliantly and then look lost. I know that a team can't win every game and injuries/suspensions play a part but is that the real reason here.(as well as referees). We all know that the team have the ability to beat any team on the day but so frustrating.
A few of those games we lost could have gone our way too so it is not the end of the world but would love to see the team really put a few good wins together and soon.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
I'm not worried parra will play us back into form,we'll get our playing system & confidence back.

This is my thoughts. Also If Foran played against the roosters we would of won comfortably.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
I'm not worried parra will play us back into form,we'll get our playing system & confidence back.

I can't believe everyone is locking in the two points against parramatta so confidently!

effnic said:
PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:

This is my thoughts. Also If Foran played against the roosters we would of won comfortably.

He would have been somewhat countered by Maloney...

What is needed is for Buhrer to become the Heath Le'Strange No 9 interchange and for the other three bench spots to have big boppers. George Rose is the ONLY forward that is bending the opposition line and must be the starting prop to get us off to a good start. This is what the team MUST be for the Parramatta game next week.

1. Snake
2. Jorge
3. Jamie
4. Stevie
5. Wolf or Hiku
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Georgie
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Choc
12. Horo
13. Glenn
14. Buhrer (Ballin Super Sub)
15. Lawrence
16. Fa'oso
17. Symonds
18. Hasson/Gower/Sao

Do this and then get some depth in the attack and as long as we don't get hit with any more injuries, the worm will turn for us.

Gettin sick of Manly losing, and thus losing longnecks on bets.

In offense we look too flat, too much like we're just "going through the motions", too often failing to manufacture good threatening advances.

Course, good all-round performances are built on excellent, solid defence like we have seen our boys come up with often through many games the past few years - we are also lately failing to do this during enough of the games.

Hopefully our upcoming training, both physical & mental can rectify this and lead us into August with good wins and a good, positive build-up thereafter.

We can do it!
Go Manly.

Will me make the top 8, Yes! will we make the GF?, not likely. I would not underestimate the impact caused by the loss of Foran just a couple of hours before kick off. Normally when a player drops out in the last hours before the game there is a reasonable presumption that the team would have prepared for that possibility, that was not the case last night. The loss of a key player without any opportunity to train and rethink structures due to Foran pulling out was not at all favourable to us last night.

Injuries, suspension and illness over a 2 month period has made winning difficult. The losses have led to a drop in confidence that has made winning even harder. Many of the guys are older and due to their experience tend to pace themselves over the season, knowing that its the finals that really matter.

All they really need from here is, some long overdue luck with injuries and the wins will come. That should lead to a lift in confidence, making winning easier. If they can finish anywhere from 5-8, they can avoid the top teams in the 1st week of the finals and provided they win, be well placed for a run towards the GF.

I agree, they are frustrating to watch at the moment but all is not lost yet. With 2 full months to go until the finals, there are e plenty of twists and turns in this season to come.

Keep the faith!

Corso_Pete said:
Will me make the top 8, Yes! will we make the GF?, not likely. I would not underestimate the impact caused by the loss of Foran just a couple of hours before kick off. Normally when a player drops out in the last hours before the game there is a reasonable presumption that the team would have prepared for that possibility, that was not the case last night. The loss of a key player without any opportunity to train and rethink structures due to Foran pulling out was not at all favourable to us last night.

we really missed Foran when we were camped on the roosters line and couldn't score, he often pull a little trick out of the bag at times like that. Last night we had very little, given we had a lot of ball on their line

conanu said:
Yeah your prob right there Jats he could have done with a few weeks coming off the bench. I think that his return game against the Roosters T Red was injured. Or have i mixed up games??

Are we looking for a prop because we lose kite and Joe G next year and king aint getting any younger.

We are supposedly chasing Starling from souths although we are having trouble catching him because we are a bit slow.

Where to from here ..?? maybe the TAB to plonk some money on the now " dark horses" Manly @ 8 bucks. Apart from maybe the storm, i doubt there would be too many teams in the 8 that would be over confident of knocking them over...imagine the hype and nerves of teams such as the mixos , the fowls going in as heavy favourites, trying to overcome the seasoned manly machine.....just a thought.

tookey said:
We are supposedly chasing Starling from souths although we are having trouble catching him because we are a bit slow.

It shouldn't be a problem. From what I've seen of Starling he is a slow front rower. I don;t think he's what we need. We've already got too many of them (Brenton Lawrence, excepted).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6