Where the NRL has got it so wrong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think its a similar set up to the Sydney Harbour Authority.

Part of the NSW Gov Asses that is leased out.

The Stadium has to be maintained even if its empty, so the financial incentives to Clubs would help them out till a Major Event needs their facilities.

I used to be a Member and there were numerous Arts and Sporting Events in the annual schedule.

NRL is not their only revenue stream.

It is an absolutely horrible ground. A crowd of $15k and we had to park in P4 and get a shuttle bus to the stadium - and pay $20 for the privilege.

The Bulldogs fans I spoke to on the night (surprisingly upstanding humans) all hate it and would rather be at Belmore. It must be even worse for Souths fans who have the SFS on their doorstep.

The fact is that ANZ is a massive white elephant. It has been useless since the Olympics but because it is there and it cost so much to build there is pressure to use it. I reckon they should just knock it down and build apartments.

The clubs who decide to play there clearly have no respect for their own fan bases.

The Who said:
Given good weather and scheduling, Brookie would get 15,000-plus Manly fans to most matches.
If we played regular round matches at ANZ I wouldn't be surprised if our fan base dropped to 5,000. Not many 'local' fans of Souffs and the Dogs now bother to go to ANZ.
My question is "how can the management of ANZ afford to keep 'guaranteeing' to pay clubs, when they must be losing lots of money due to poor attendance?"
Does anybody know the financial break-even point for a match at Homebush?

It would only be around 10,000. Considering the Tigers are able to sell $30 family tickets for their Round 19 match there and they have not much $$$

MadMarcus said:
The fact is that ANZ is a massive white elephant. It has been useless since the Olympics but because it is there and it cost so much to build there is pressure to use it. I reckon they should just knock it down and build apartments.

And there are plans to spend $250-Million for a retractable roof . . . yet no new stadia has been built on Sydney's north side for 50 years.

The Who said:
MadMarcus said:

And there are plans to spend $250-Million for a retractable roof . . . yet no new stadia has been built on Sydney's north side for 50 years.
1 / 10 th of that, no wait, . . . 1 / 20 th of that would ttransform FB into a showpiece.
It's not a swinging electorate, and therefore this will remain a dream. All I ever do is dream. Dream dream dream.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2