Where is Bones?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MK Eagle said:
Who made you forum cop. Many others on here seem to share my sentiments that the Dog supporters are getting WAY too much latitude. The moderators on here like the site owners deserve credit for a job well done but how do you find it constructive being mocked?? Maybe you have missed several other posts that have been done recently & will understand my point of view before over reacting.

You made a statement & ive said back it up or retract it.

Hey Jatz..geez I love your Moniker "Puts the Nuts in Silvertails"...cracks me up every time I read it!!

By the way there's QUITE a few Nuts on here at present!!

Jatz Crackers said:
MK Eagle said:
Who made you forum cop. Many others on here seem to share my sentiments that the Dog supporters are getting WAY too much latitude. The moderators on here like the site owners deserve credit for a job well done but how do you find it constructive being mocked?? Maybe you have missed several other posts that have been done recently & will understand my point of view before over reacting.

You made a statement & ive said back it up or retract it.
Easy to back up - take note of the serial pest who has been on here recently that i was referring to - has been deleted since my original post you scalded me over. Obviously a moderator agrees that they are overstepping the mark - how can I back it up better than that??

MK Eagle said:
Easy to back up - take note of the serial pest who has been on here recently that i was referring to - has been deleted since my original post you scalded me over. Obviously a moderator agrees that they are overstepping the mark - how can I back it up better than that??

Attacking the integrity of moderators doesnt give ligitimacy to your statement that more ST posters have been warned than outsiders.

The outsider you speak of was banned for language and not for being annoying. I should know.

So again....its about time you retract that statement or post here showing evidence of where ST moderators have favoured others.

TWO DOGS said:
I enjoy reading his cameos. Please return.

I think you are using the word 'cameos' incorrectly as he is very involved and has a lot of support but as a Dogs supporter you are probably very uneducated. Leave him alone. He puts his heart and soul into the club. Can we get rid of these Dogs *&$!ers?

lsz said:
So how long you have been here or who you support dictates how you can behave?

Who you support surely should. I have no interest whatsoever of joing another club's website. Just a question, would they be here if it wasn't for the problems we are experiencing? They may appear to be very sympathetic but does anybody believe this to be the case. If so, it mustn't be just Dogs supporters that are idiots.

Jatz Crackers said:
MK Eagle said:

Attacking the integrity of moderators doesnt give ligitimacy to your statement that more ST posters have been warned than outsiders.

The outsider you speak of was banned for language and not for being annoying. I should know.

So again....its about time you retract that statement or post here showing evidence of where ST moderators have favoured others.
There has been too many posts to mention but if you look on most other threads you may notice others voicing the same opinion as mine, its a fact.
The banned outsider & friends are deliberately stirring the pot & why you have to wait for a swear word to realise this I have no answer.
There is NO mention of favouratism however, as fans respond to the constant barbs from the trolls I have picked up on many sailing close to the wind type comments. I have never had a prob with any moderators on here & regardless of my fate here I stand by my call that they have had too much latitude.
Have no doubt these monkeys will continue to infest the site & though I understand you have a diplomatic role Jatz, just calling what I see.

have to disagree with you Moops. not sure why Manly supporters can act in a way that we would not want other people to?

What used to make this place great was when supporters from other clubs (not trolls) came on to talk about their teams etc

But then again not everyone was as touchy about it as we are now

MK Eagle said:
If the imposters were a little honourable & not just here making snide comments it would have been sweet but the MAJORITY(not all) are mocking the fans & this site in general.
The patronising attempts to offer advice is like fat Albert offering dieting tips, who's gunna take it serious. Obviously not many here but it is annoying like a yapping poodle hiding behind its fence, you prefer it just shut up & stay in its corner. If these opposition fans were serious they would be on here asking the fans opinions on being the yardstick & dominent team in recent times, not offering tips from a club with no soul - it lacks merit imo.
Lastly - banning solid honourable supporters before the trolls is poor form.

Well MK Eagle, it would appear that you may need to have another read of the Silvertails Forum Terms of Service located at the following link:

http://www.silvertails.net/articles/site-information/5605-forum-terms-of-service

If your (or anyone else's) forum posts conform to those terms and conditions then there is no problem. If they don't then some form of action will be taken (and there is no discrimination as to what team the person follows). To me, I would rather just give a written warning either on the forum itself or through a PM. If that advice is then ignored then further action will be taken via the Forum Warning System (which gives automatic bannings for set periods) or total bannings.

As for your comment "Lastly - banning solid honourable supporters before the trolls is poor form", that comment is wrong as the dog supporter who was causing all of the problem (thedogs88) was also given a 48 hour banning at the same time as the regular ST Manly supporter posters (who also received a 48 hour banning too).

In my opinion, we are pretty lenient as to moderating what gets put on these forums. If we moderated to the letter of the law according to the Silvertails Forum Terms of Service, then there would probably be a lot less forum content as there would probably by a lot more Warned and Banned users.

One other thing MK Eagle, if you have a problem with an outsider's forum post then there is nothing stopping you (or anyone else for that matter) from reporting the offensive post by clicking on the "Report" button at the bottom of the post and then filling in the details so that we can look at it and maybe take some action to correct the problem. It is no use doing nothing and just retaliating by feeding the trolls with another counter offensive post as this just inflames the whole situation.

Fark me some of you are thick. It is not against the rules to stir the pot. However the people that have been banned is a result of a breach of those terms and conditions. It is not hard to understand.

Jethro said:
MK Eagle said:
If the imposters were a little honourable & not just here making snide comments it would have been sweet but the MAJORITY(not all) are mocking the fans & this site in general.
The patronising attempts to offer advice is like fat Albert offering dieting tips, who's gunna take it serious. Obviously not many here but it is annoying like a yapping poodle hiding behind its fence, you prefer it just shut up & stay in its corner. If these opposition fans were serious they would be on here asking the fans opinions on being the yardstick & dominent team in recent times, not offering tips from a club with no soul - it lacks merit imo.
Lastly - banning solid honourable supporters before the trolls is poor form.

Well MK Eagle, it would appear that you may need to have another read of the Silvertails Forum Terms of Service located at the following link:

http://www.silvertails.net/articles/site-information/5605-forum-terms-of-service

If your (or anyone else's) forum posts conform to those terms and conditions then there is no problem. If they don't then some form of action will be taken (and there is no discrimination as to what team the person follows). To me, I would rather just give a written warning either on the forum itself or through a PM. If that advice is then ignored then further action will be taken via the Forum Warning System (which gives automatic bannings for set periods) or total bannings.

As for your comment "Lastly - banning solid honourable supporters before the trolls is poor form", that comment is wrong as the dog supporter who was causing all of the problem (thedogs88) was also given a 48 hour banning at the same time as the regular ST Manly supporter posters (who also received a 48 hour banning too).

In my opinion, we are pretty lenient as to moderating what gets put on these forums. If we moderated to the letter of the law according to the Silvertails Forum Terms of Service, then there would probably be a lot less forum content as there would probably by a lot more Warned and Banned users.

One other thing MK Eagle, if you have a problem with an outsider's forum post then there is nothing stopping you (or anyone else for that matter) from reporting the offensive post by clicking on the "Report" button at the bottom of the post and then filling in the details so that we can look at it and maybe take some action to correct the problem. It is no use doing nothing and just retaliating by feeding the trolls with another counter offensive post as this just inflames the whole situation.
Jethro -I'd like to point out that dogs88 supporter was only banned after my above comments on this thread. If I get the sin bin for my opinion that I stand by - fair enough. Having other supporters on here is healthy & I was backing the friendly banter with the NZ gang & they were a good bunch. These other trolls are clowns & it seems obvious to me their intentions are to create dramas here. Why?? because they support a gutless team most likely - I sympathise but have little pity.
If I cop the suspension will still catch up with the ST supporters for that Sunshine Coast trial - my shout Jethro & Garts ( I'm the thick one) :D

MK Eagle said:
There has been too many posts to mention but if you look on most other threads you may notice others voicing the same opinion as mine, its a fact.

So you wont put up facts other than "others voicing same opinion".

MK Eagle said:
The banned outsider & friends are deliberately stirring the pot & why you have to wait for a swear word to realise this I have no answer.

What part of the fact there are Terms of Service dont you understand ?

MK Eagle said:
There is NO mention of favouratism however, as fans respond to the constant barbs from the trolls I have picked up on many sailing close to the wind type comments. I have never had a prob with any moderators on here & regardless of my fate here I stand by my call that they have had too much latitude.

Yes you did. You said moderators here have warned more ST posters than outsiders. It seems you base that on sentiments expressed by other ST posters. Just not the facts.

MK Eagle said:
Have no doubt these monkeys will continue to infest the site & though I understand you have a diplomatic role Jatz, just calling what I see.

No your not. Your reacting childishly by alleging something about moderators here thats unsubstantiated.

No more elongated windage posts about this MKE. You back up what you have said or retract it.

Just curious MK - if you were at work and you were to use the language and racist comments that got some a little break would you expect at minimum some disciplinary action? Or would it be excused because it was directed at those annoying people from Ray White and they were teasing you?

voicefromthehill said:
Just curious MK - if you were at work and you were to use the language and racist comments that got some a little break would you expect at minimum some disciplinary action? Or would it be excused because it was directed at those annoying people from Ray White and they were teasing you?
Disciplinary action would be taken unless there was a legitimate reason to my response & I could justify my actions. I actually get on pretty well with those annoying Ray White people who like most would expect a serve back. Some call it childish but others have pride in standing up for their beliefs - right or wrong. In this case I realise my mistake of getting the mods noses out of joint & could have worded my post better but my point was simply aimed at these Dog supporters are not just in here with friendly banter but here to create havoc which I stand by.
Heres my question to you vfth - if your a bouncer & you see troublemakers on the premises & trouble is inevitable do you wait for them to bash someone or show them the door??
Do you even let them in???

MK Eagle said:
Jethro -I'd like to point out that dogs88 supporter was only banned after my above comments on this thread. If I get the sin bin for my opinion that I stand by - fair enough. Having other supporters on here is healthy & I was backing the friendly banter with the NZ gang & they were a good bunch. These other trolls are clowns & it seems obvious to me their intentions are to create dramas here. Why?? because they support a gutless team most likely - I sympathise but have little pity.
If I cop the suspension will still catch up with the ST supporters for that Sunshine Coast trial - my shout Jethro & Garts ( I'm the thick one) :D

MK Eagle, today was the second time that the poster "thedogs88" has been banned. Like I said before, he/she was given a 48 hour suspension on Saturday along with the other Silvertail posters who received the same punishment.

and when it comes down to it mods are human, stuff is going to be missed and different people are going to approach things different ways.

people have better things to do than wade through reams of garbage, your accusations of bias are getting old and tiresome.

if you dont like it bugger off to facebook...

Jethro said:
MK Eagle said:

MK Eagle, today was the second time that the poster "thedogs88" has been banned. Like I said before, he/she was given a 48 hour suspension on Saturday along with the other Silvertail posters who received the same punishment.
If its the 2nd time banned Jethro my point about trouble makers overstepping the mark is accurate however I did use a poor choice in words earlier & definately did not want to set out to accuse the mods unfairly - my bad -my poor form.

MK Eagle said:
however I did use a poor choice in words earlier & definately did not want to set out to accuse the mods unfairly - my bad -my poor form.

So we will accept that as a correction & move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4