Where does this leave Parcell?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Turbo I can't understand why you don't see how bloody good parcell is. He is a future origin player. I will have a little wager with you. 100 bucks to me if parcell plays origin and 100 to you if he doesn't.
He has been against Parcell before the season even started. I doubt he will change, even when parcell plays rep footy.

He has me flummoxed too Susan.

I am on record as saying he passes like a labourer throwing bricks.

But heck, he seems to effect a lot of positives on the field.
Not all labourer's struggle to throw bricks, if you can't throw four bricks two stories you don't get a job.

Not all labourer's struggle to throw bricks, if you can't throw four bricks two stories you don't get a job.

Agree, but the long looping flight reaching apogee at a point concurrent with the intended recipient is the preferred method, with bricks.

Not what is generally required in a pass from dummy half to a moving player.

Whilst I lampoon his passing technique, I am a fan of his energy, defence (missed tackles and all) and creativity. Things happen around him.

I really don't think it's a contest at the moment because we are playing the best we have all year and Api is a big part of that. As soon as Parcell goes down injured we start tearing through the middle and we have scored over 60 points in two outings.

Last night we were in a bit of strife because we had a glutton of possession and couldn't get over the stripe. Enter Api with his creativity and he jagged us a try that set the ball rolling; it was a huge play because score board pressure is telling in those types of games and if Saints kept turning us away they would have grown in confidence and maybe even gone down the other end and registered points.

I agree we're playing the best we have all year, but I disagree that Api is a big part of that. Far more to do with getting a workable halves combo in place, and some of the forwards who have come into the team/back into the team (AFB, Buhrer) or started hitting some form (Lussick, Green). Getting Tom Trbojevic and Dylan Walker playing in their best positions is no small part of it either, ditto getting Killer out of the centres where he was showing his age badly on occasion.

Api will jag tries, he's that kind of player - why I'd like to see him as an impact player off the bench. But I think we got away with the lack of sharpness out of dummy half last night because the Dragons were awful. Against a team with good line speed, they'd be on our halves before the ball got to them from the ruck.

Basically all our points came from individual plays and opportunism. Our attack in the red zone last night was almost laughable at times(the Buhrer kick try set was simply disgraceful) as our play makers are always under pressure due to the ridiculous loop passes. You can get away with that against rubbish like the dragons but good teams with line speed will eat you alive if you do that.

This is the first time we look like having any continuity in terms of our best personel in the backs and providing them with good service is essential.
BTW Apis passing is not ordinary, it is terrible.

Have to agree that a team with better line speed than St Merge would have made things much more difficult for us last night. Some of Api's looping passes from dummy half close to our line put DCE in particular under more pressure than needed, but he handled it well. Do that sort of thing against the Storm, Sharks or Cows at their best and their line would have been on our first receiver almost as they get the ball.

I think there is a place for both in the starting 17, but I personally would have Matty as the starting hooker with Api on the bench as a utility.

Barring major injury, Parcell should go onto become a Queensland and possibly an Australian great.

Hopefully whilst representing the club that plays in maroon and white.

Look I understand the Lewis Brown signing. He's a solid versatile first grader. Problem is we had Tom Symonds who might not have been as gritty but had a heap of class and (in my opinion robbed of a bit of confidence due to injuries) had the potential to be Menzies type centre backrower but he also had experience at the club. What happens. They move him on unceremoniously. Buhrer who can also play that role but is a manly champion already with a couple of horror injury years is thought to be on the outer and shopped around. FFS. If they get rid of him because Bozo likes big forwards I will walk all the way there and punch both those 'household names' in the head.

We need to move Brown to UK. He is clogging up our forwards and denying Api a bench spot consistently.

Where does this leave Parcell... If it's anything like my postie he'll leave a card not bothering to try & deliver it. Pick it up from the post office. :(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6