when will we get another marquee signing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A marquee signing has to be considered in the context of the fortunes of a club at the time. BK #1 and #2 were considered marquee signings in the context of Manly's roster back then.

Matt Orford and later Jamie Lyon were obviously marquee signings.

Perry wasn't a marquee signing even though he was a former rep player with a first grade career behind him. He was unwanted at the Knights but did play 15 top grade games the year they showed him the door and we picked him up.

Thanks guys. But it is obvious with the fact that we can't name too many to fill the roll that if Aaron woods comes to manly in 2015 as rumours suggest, that he can be our marquee player for the forwards and that's about it. What a star studded team we have and I am greatful to have been a part of this era.

Go the might eagles in 2014, please give me a premiership to help make me a happy man.

Townsville Eagle said:
Thanks guys. But it is obvious with the fact that we can't name too many to fill the roll that if Aaron woods comes to manly in 2015 as rumours suggest, that he can be our marquee player for the forwards and that's about it. What a star studded team we have and I am greatful to have been a part of this era.

Go the might eagles in 2014, please give me a premiership to help make me a happy man.

I can name plenty to fill the roll......Ham, cheese & tomato are among my favourites. :D

As for Aaron Woods, I think he would fill the role of Prop very well indeed. Is he a Marquee player.....I don't think so.

Agree Ralphie, the day Aaron Woods is a marquee player would be sad day indeed. Hes barely a decent first grader most weeks.

look good on the back of the hill lol

$_3.JPG

The pop-up tents at the top of the hill, in maroon and white, could be a good idea. I suggest each carry the name of our top 13, then the clubs sells the space to passionate Hillites, like myself ie. The Cherry-Evans tent. They would have seats, food and refreshments and would generate some money - and colour - at each home match.

I don't know if this Mark Kee guy would be good for us. He seems to sign with almost as many clubs as SBW.

Ryan said:
01. Brett Stewart (Represented Australia)
02. Jorge Taufua (Represented City Origin)
03. Steve Matai (Represented New Zealand)
04. Jamie Lyon (Represented Australia)
05. David Williams (Represented Australia)
06. Kieran Foran (Represented New Zealand)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (Represented Australia)
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin (Represented Queensland)
10. Jason King (Represented New South Wales)
11. Anthony Watmough (Represented Australia)
12. Justin Horo (Represented New Zealand)
13. Glenn Stewart (Represented Australia)

14. Jamie Buhrer (Represented New South Wales)
15. Richi Fa'aoso (Represented New Zealand)
17. Tom Symonds (Represented in City Origin)

I really don't know what more you want from a roster? We have, in my opinion, the best roster in the NRL, especially when you look at our current depth:-

Here is some info about this years signings for you:-

Josh Starling | Prop | 23 | South Sydney Rabbitohs
The NSW Cup Prop of the Year, Josh Starling is a young front rower on the rise. He plays long minutes and will be well-suited to the Sea Eagles' style.

Cheyse Blair | Centre/Wing | 21 | Parramatta Eels
Tall, athletic outside back with plenty of NRL experience for such a young man. Cheyse will be a great addition to the Sea Eagles' developing backline.

Dunamis Lui | Prop | 23 | Brisbane Broncos
Powerful prop with great leg speed and well-tested in the NRL arena. Brisbane born and bred, but Dunamis is excited to be coming to Manly and will adapt well to the Sea Eagles' club culture. Look for him to benefit greatly from the change of scenery.

Jayden Hodges | Hooker | 20 | North Queensland Cowboys
The Cowboys' U20s Player of the Year and with the best defensive stats in the 2013 Holden Cup, Jayden earned his shot in first grade late in the Cowboys' season. A clever, resilient player, he's sure to blossom in his first full time position. Signed with the Sea Eagles for three years, he'll study under the tackling master Matt Ballin and hone his hooking skills.

Jack Littlejohn | Halves | Canterbury Bulldogs
A clever player who can cover any position in the backline, he'll start training in the halves for Manly. He has a great kicking game, good organisational skill and will add depth to the Sea Eagles' back stocks.

Manaia Rudolph | Five-eighth/Centre | 20 | Wests Tigers
The top try-scorer in the 2012 U20s competition, Manaia is a great attacking back with an impressive step. A versatile player, he'll move back from centres to focus on five-eighth at Manly, providing some cover in the halves. Manaia will grow even more dangerous in his first year training full time and learning from one of the best halves combinations in the game.

Tyson Andrews | Prop | 23 | Mackay Cutters
The 2013 Player of the Year for Queensland Cup Premiers Mackay Cutters, Tyson is an impressive young front rower. He's got a great work ethic and hits the line hard.

Delroy Berryman | Wing | 22 | Redcliffe Dolphins
Signed by the Broncos on a second-tier contract Delroy spent the 2013 season carving up the Queensland Cup, second in the competition's try-scoring tally despite the Dolphins sitting only seventh on the ladder. He's got fantastic speed and knows how to find the try line.

Mark O'Dare (Train and Trial) | Outside back | 22 | Gold Coast Titans
Former Sydney Uni rugby player, Mark was signed by the Titans in 2013 and was very impressive in their pre-season before suffering an injury that set him back. He's a very dedicated athlete with amazing speed, looking for an opportunity as an outside back for the Sea Eagles.

Then take into consideration guys coming through with the ilk of:-

Jake Trbojevic (born 18 February 1994) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles of the National Rugby League. He primarily plays prop. Junior International Representative

Clinton Gutherson (born 9 September 1994) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles of the National Rugby League. He primarily plays fullback, centre and wing. Junior International Representative.

and depth guys like:-

James Hasson (born 1 May 1992) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles of the National Rugby League. He primarily plays second-row, lock and prop. Irish International.

Ligi Sao (born 11 October 1992 in New Zealand) is a New Zealand rugby league player who currently plays for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles in the National Rugby League. Junior International Player

Others like Chee Kam, Cunningham, Hiku & other junior International players.

I wouldn't worry about marquee signings mate. I'd worry about how you retain all the outstanding talent coming through our juniors.

Best recruitment / junior base, in the game.

Impressive line up , wondering how many combined years of service the current sqaud has at MWSE ? Many have 5 years or more

Las Vegas Blvd said:
Ryan said:
01. Brett Stewart (Represented Australia)
02. Jorge Taufua (Represented City Origin)
03. Steve Matai (Represented New Zealand)
04. Jamie Lyon (Represented Australia)
05. David Williams (Represented Australia)
06. Kieran Foran (Represented New Zealand)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (Represented Australia)
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin (Represented Queensland)
10. Jason King (Represented New South Wales)
11. Anthony Watmough (Represented Australia)
12. Justin Horo (Represented New Zealand)
13. Glenn Stewart (Represented Australia)

14. Jamie Buhrer (Represented New South Wales)
15. Richi Fa'aoso (Represented New Zealand)
17. Tom Symonds (Represented in City Origin)

I really don't know what more you want from a roster? We have, in my opinion, the best roster in the NRL, especially when you look at our current depth:-

Here is some info about this years signings for you:-

Josh Starling | Prop | 23 | South Sydney Rabbitohs
The NSW Cup Prop of the Year, Josh Starling is a young front rower on the rise. He plays long minutes and will be well-suited to the Sea Eagles' style.

Cheyse Blair | Centre/Wing | 21 | Parramatta Eels
Tall, athletic outside back with plenty of NRL experience for such a young man. Cheyse will be a great addition to the Sea Eagles' developing backline.

Dunamis Lui | Prop | 23 | Brisbane Broncos
Powerful prop with great leg speed and well-tested in the NRL arena. Brisbane born and bred, but Dunamis is excited to be coming to Manly and will adapt well to the Sea Eagles' club culture. Look for him to benefit greatly from the change of scenery.

Jayden Hodges | Hooker | 20 | North Queensland Cowboys
The Cowboys' U20s Player of the Year and with the best defensive stats in the 2013 Holden Cup, Jayden earned his shot in first grade late in the Cowboys' season. A clever, resilient player, he's sure to blossom in his first full time position. Signed with the Sea Eagles for three years, he'll study under the tackling master Matt Ballin and hone his hooking skills.

Jack Littlejohn | Halves | Canterbury Bulldogs
A clever player who can cover any position in the backline, he'll start training in the halves for Manly. He has a great kicking game, good organisational skill and will add depth to the Sea Eagles' back stocks.

Manaia Rudolph | Five-eighth/Centre | 20 | Wests Tigers
The top try-scorer in the 2012 U20s competition, Manaia is a great attacking back with an impressive step. A versatile player, he'll move back from centres to focus on five-eighth at Manly, providing some cover in the halves. Manaia will grow even more dangerous in his first year training full time and learning from one of the best halves combinations in the game.

Tyson Andrews | Prop | 23 | Mackay Cutters
The 2013 Player of the Year for Queensland Cup Premiers Mackay Cutters, Tyson is an impressive young front rower. He's got a great work ethic and hits the line hard.

Delroy Berryman | Wing | 22 | Redcliffe Dolphins
Signed by the Broncos on a second-tier contract Delroy spent the 2013 season carving up the Queensland Cup, second in the competition's try-scoring tally despite the Dolphins sitting only seventh on the ladder. He's got fantastic speed and knows how to find the try line.

Mark O'Dare (Train and Trial) | Outside back | 22 | Gold Coast Titans
Former Sydney Uni rugby player, Mark was signed by the Titans in 2013 and was very impressive in their pre-season before suffering an injury that set him back. He's a very dedicated athlete with amazing speed, looking for an opportunity as an outside back for the Sea Eagles.

Then take into consideration guys coming through with the ilk of:-

Jake Trbojevic (born 18 February 1994) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles of the National Rugby League. He primarily plays prop. Junior International Representative

Clinton Gutherson (born 9 September 1994) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles of the National Rugby League. He primarily plays fullback, centre and wing. Junior International Representative.

and depth guys like:-

James Hasson (born 1 May 1992) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles of the National Rugby League. He primarily plays second-row, lock and prop. Irish International.

Ligi Sao (born 11 October 1992 in New Zealand) is a New Zealand rugby league player who currently plays for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles in the National Rugby League. Junior International Player

Others like Chee Kam, Cunningham, Hiku & other junior International players.

I wouldn't worry about marquee signings mate. I'd worry about how you retain all the outstanding talent coming through our juniors.

Best recruitment / junior base, in the game.

Impressive line up , wondering how many combined years of service the current sqaud has at MWSE ? Many have 5 years or more

Adding to that list these boys to watch coming through in the 20s

Jamil Hopoate, strong and powerful ( pref. Lock, second row )

Tom Trbojevic, Jakes brother ( fullback )

Charlie Taylor.. Australian Rugby League Schoolboys, NSW Rugby League Schoolboys, Rugby Union NSW Schoolboys, ( wing, centre, outside back ) Explosive Speed.

And these boys are born and bred in Manly, local Juniors right from the beginning. Developed by Manly. The only worry is, if Manly can hang onto them as plenty of NRL Teams are Sniffing.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6