When did you change from being a fan, to being a consumer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The last year I supported Rugby League (not just Manly) was:

• I still have the same passion for the game as always

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • 2011 - a little piece of me died after the Hasler saga

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 2008 - Beaver WAS rugby league to me

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 2000's - The Northern Eagles fiasco

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 1996 - The Super League War

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
For me it has been more gradual as the game has become more structured, patterned, devoid of innovation and too easily swayed by the referees. The game has simply become bor
It was on one of the Manly Facebook pages after the event, the guy did a great job, he put it all together in about a 4 minute youtube clip, with an explanation in writing prior to each event, forward passes, incorrect calls, penalties awarded to Rorters, and then not to us for the same thing, there were a litany of items.

It proved beyond doubt we were totally robbed.
Would love to see this also if you can find it Marky Mark.

I used to love individual players and following them and their careers, until they mostly became greedy and shiftless. Now you can only follow the team. Example: Cherry, used to love him, can't stand him now.

The rules of the game are very far removed from what made the game great.

For me the passion is the same as its always been.

However.....that's not to say I am going to put up an argument about things like television deals, TPA's and Super League (which for all intents and purposes in this country was a competition designed by the Broncos to suit the Broncos and nothing but the Broncos - they even had the 1 SL Grand Final played at the Broncos home venue for crying out loud, how much more biased could it get?).

Brisbane having a team in this competition was inevitable. But the biggest mistake out of it was only having 1 team in Brisbane. They should have started with at least 2 teams. The fact that it was written into the contract that there could be only 1 team based in SE Qld (remember the Giants/Seagulls/Chargers in their early years were actually based in Tweed Heads on the NSW side of the border despite the Gold Coast part of the club name) gave what was to become the Brisbane Broncos WAY too much in terms of power and advantages. That was very poorly done.

Other than going back to having a single referee per game, one thing I do wish would happen is a return to the old Kangaroo Tours. Don't get me wrong, the Tri and Four Nations has been a good thing for the international game, but I think most fans, especially the older fans, miss the old Roo Tours every four years.

Other than going back to having a single referee per game, one thing I do wish would happen is a return to the old Kangaroo Tours. Don't get me wrong, the Tri and Four Nations has been a good thing for the international game, but I think most fans, especially the older fans, miss the old Roo Tours every four years.

Agree, but having said that, they would have to take a squad of 50 to cover for all the drongo's sent home for "indiscretions".

gone are the days when the journo's couldn't or wouldn't write about it. Most journo's were good blokes and were just as culpable.

I'd love to get a copy of that collage.
Ralphie its here: (I posted it)

And Shame Hayne was the point at which I started to become very skeptical about the NRL's interference with match results.

But the whole TV broadcast 'control' or 'influence' in the administration of the game is what is really bringing it undone. Results are so manufactured, its lost nearly all cred.

The abundance of cheap shots and wrestling moves that seem to carry a minimal penalty. I think that sort of stuff has crept further into the game because anyone who retaliates risks being sent off. I'm not suggesting they bring back they biff but sometimes I wonder if we'd have all these repeat offenders if they copped an occasional smack in the mouth.

Closer to home, the back stabbing and the nepotism that's crept into our club in the past 18 months has reduced my interest enormously. I used to love our unique Manly culture !

I'll probably end up contributing a better post after origin tonight but that 2013 GF clip just reminds me how much I hate that hack Bitchel Piss.
The fact that Foran is best mates with the turd is a bigger indication that we are better off without his 'modern day attitude' toward our club. Manly should have seen the early warning in that game, he doesn't even blow up at Pearce for his hand on the play the ball that caused the penalty!
I wish Keiran a full recovery of his personal demons, but as far as onfield success and performance, he can go jam it in a car door!

Wow - never watched the replay and was at the game, truly never had a sense for the magnitude of the stitch up!
Now you can see it dispassionately.@:cool:

It's truly an indictment on NRL officialdom. :mad:

That's why I was livid for people blaming Wolfie's ordinary game for the loss.
Manly were up 18 points with 20 to go inspite of Wolfie's errors.
But then the weight of referee 'errors' sunk our exhausted troops. :(

Gifty knocked himself out in the very first tackle and was a passenger all game too :confused:

What doesn't kill us, yadda yadda yadda :swear:

It was never the same after Eadie, Randall and Krilich retired.

The mid 90's got me back and then super league, then Manly gone.

I hate the scrums and the marker not being able to strike for the ball. No punching is an a joke.

I will regain interest once Penn, Bozo, Zorba and Trent are gone.

Forme.... I was happy when we got a single club owner.. Then they starting firing people... Then they started firing everyone including the good people. Soon there was nobody left with any club culture. Then they started bringing in outsiders with no experience.. The club became an empty shell.. Wrecked by the bitterness of a few sour & vengeful aholes who would not be missed if their time came early..

Ralphie its here: (I posted it)

And Shame Hayne was the point at which I started to become very skeptical about the NRL's interference with match results.

But the whole TV broadcast 'control' or 'influence' in the administration of the game is what is really bringing it undone. Results are so manufactured, its lost nearly all cred.
What Hayne did that day was criminal, he's absolute scum, a subhuman pile of filth.

Last edited:
I think the NRL every year have a team they want to win the GF as has been stated 2013 it was the Roosters, 2014 the Dogs may as well have not shown up it was a Rabbits fest, last year they were happy that it was 2 QLD teams, this year the Eels have stuffed them up they were the team for 2016. To sum up this is what is turning me off the NRL the favouritism shown to certain clubs while others get shafted.

I think the NRL every year have a team they want to win the GF as has been stated 2013 it was the Roosters, 2014 the Dogs may as well have not shown up it was a Rabbits fest, last year they were happy that it was 2 QLD teams, this year the Eels have stuffed them up they were the team for 2016. To sum up this is what is turning me off the NRL the favouritism shown to certain clubs while others get shafted.
It may well be Cronulla now I reckon

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4