Wheel’s glory boys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Manly Daily 5 May 10

AS a diehard Manly fan, Sunday, October 5, 2008, is a date Geoff Ferris will never forget.

That’s the day his beloved Sea Eagles last won the NRL premiership, but it’s not the only reason it’s close to his heart.

While Mr Ferris didn’t get to celebrate with his mates after the big game, an early night brought an even bigger celebration nine months later - the arrival of twins Ben and Matt.

Mr Ferris explains: “We were ready to kick on but my mates had to call their wives and get them to pick up the kids (who had come to the game).

“If we’d all gone straight to the club we would’ve got in OK, but by the time the wives came a big crowd had amassed outside.”

Accepting defeat for the first time that day, the happy punters caught cabs home.

“My wife was absolutely ecstatic because she was expecting me home the next morning,” he said. “And about a month later we found out that we were expecting a kid, and that ended up turning into twins.

“It’s a true story and if I had got into the club that night I would’ve been in the bad books for quite some time and we never would have had these two little bundles of joy.”

Nine months later, when the twins were welcomed into the world, Mr Ferris and wife Genevieve settled on the names Ben and Matt, in honour of Manly’s past two captains Matt Orford and Ben Kennedy.

It’s stories such as this that brought Sea Eagles fans out in force on the weekend, pledging their support for the future of Brookvale Oval.

“It’s such an icon for peninsula people,” Mr Ferris said. “Some of my very earliest memories are of going to Sea Eagles games with my family all getting together and going to the ground. I want that to continue.”

Geoff you had better have the snip before Manly wins its next premiership. 

I cannot work out why you didn't call your daughter Jason after your hero princess?

haha gold

By the way Articles >> Submit Articles

Sensational. Wheely good!

Now we have a formula to increasing the population on the Northern Beaches. More Manly premierships.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=183240.msg261749#msg261749 date=1273099869]
haha gold

By the way Articles >> Submit Articles

It doesn't seem to work when I submit via articles.
[/quote]

Go to the front page >> Articles >> Submit articles.

There is a javascript error I need to change

Very very good.

Make sure you clip that story out of the paper to show the kids later on. And Wheel........its your kids that are famous.

Jesus, when I saw the name Geoff I thought I was reading about that old Sideline Eye character haha

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Jesus, when I saw the name Geoff I thought I was reading about that old Sideline Eye character haha

So did I

Now that I realise who you are . .  well done also on all your comments on the council's Brookval Oval forum. Hope we are still there for your kids to enjoy.

Thanks SER8 just doing my best to ensure the silent majority are heard - I will need a bit of help in the coming months I feel.

It is pleasing that the Mayor  Micheal Regan has great vision and knows the potential of Brookie.  Talking to him on Saturday gives me some confidence that Brookie will be our home and modern sporting venue in the years ahead.

The Wheel link said:
Thanks SER8 just doing my best to ensure the silent majority are heard - I will need a bit of help in the coming months I feel.
  You could have slipped in a plug for Silvertails. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8