Whats this rubbish - switching off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan said:
Phantar said:
Here here Bob.

My take:

Injuries, suspensions, the flu (do they give these guys the vaccine as a precautionary measure?), disruption in the off season, new coach, players distracted by contract negotiations. It all adds up. Despite all that, I don't think the scoreboard was a true reflection of the team's performance tonight. Sometimes the luck isn't with you - think Uate's second try.

We probably won't win this year and the team appears to be playing that way. And we are up against the last two decades of history.

On the positive side, we are still in the 8, we should still make the finals and anything can happen from there. But whatever happens, this will be a learning year for Toovey. He'll be the better for it. And I still think we can beat the Dishlickers on Friday! Go Manly!

Will be tough, but we have done it already, at their home ground.

As I said though, not many teams boast our depth, so apart from tonight, which I think is understandable, our performances this year in the "whole" seems to lack that killer punch - just very inconsistent.

I do hope this season is going to be a learning lesson, because next season is going to be a whole lot tougher with all the talent leaving the team.

The salary cap has really got its claws into us. We need some muscle and aggression. Hopefully the team have a few players back next week.

Also, I enjoyed seeing Robinson run around tonight. He did ok.

The Dogs have improved ten-fold since we played them earlier in the year. They seem to be getting better each week. It is eerily like how our run used to be timed (Coaching? Hasler?). We continue to be unsettled and flakey. When did we last have our full strength team on park? Too injury prone this year. The Dogs never seem to lose their BEST players to any sort of long term injury, whereas it is only our best that seem to be injured time and time again. Surely a team can't lose to the Eels and Titans, get thrashed by the Panthers and Knights, and then go on and win the premiership?! We can beat the Dogs but getting up for that game will cost us psychologically the following week/s and the usual suspects getting injured.

And the Dogs seem to put away these lower placed teams with ease...

Ryan said:
Volley said:
Ryan said:
bob dylan said:
Did you notice neither Stewarts or Matai are playing.

Some of the boys playing look like they have already moved onto their 2013 clubs. Maybe we need to send them on their way now.

Please don't make excuses. The Knights are also missing some of their best players. Fact is, their coach started resting their players 15 minutes out. This is another example of how much we have regressed under Geoff Toovey.

Mate I love youR passion, but you need to ditch your anti Geoff Toovey agenda if you want to debate the issues at hand.

How did Manly go in 2009 under Des with B. Stewart the only injury issue during the year? Also 2010?

Do you remember the result in 2009 and 2010 at Newcastle? Heavy losses.

I remember mate. But for some reason, the feeling was different. I don't know. I felt we were more.....dunno......stabilised or something? I felt more confident. Maybe I'm wrong, but the only thing I can put that down to, is Toovey. I'm very happy to have my mind changed about that, and happy to be wrong, don't get me wrong here.

Spuds...apart from your abuse in that thread mate, I agree, and it was a good assessment. We played shallow and they dominated the ruck like you say.

But why?

For some reason, people keep saying we are injured and ill. But I'm different mate is all. I have plenty of faith in our support cast and depth. I think we'd have a number of combo's that could win us the comp - THIS YEAR.

For that reason, I blame coaching - whether that is right or wrong remains to be seen. I understand why everyone is on Toovey's corner. He's an Eagles boy through and through. I'm just trying to assess what he does analytically, and in almost every area of the field, we are behind where we were last year.

With the playing roster we have (maybe I DO rate them too highly), I don't believe we should be in this position.

Yes, great roster...which is NEVER on the field at the same time!!!

Ryan said:
Volley said:
Ryan said:
bob dylan said:
How did Manly go in 2009 under Des with B. Stewart the only injury issue during the year? Also 2010?

Do you remember the result in 2009 and 2010 at Newcastle? Heavy losses.

I remember mate. But for some reason, the feeling was different. I don't know. I felt we were more.....dunno......

How could anyone argue with logic like that Ryan??? Lol....

It's interesting reading the emotional posts the morning after a bad loss. If its bad for us I wonder how some of the players are feeling this morning?

How do you think Kieran and Joe (and whomever else was effected by the flu last night) pulled up after the game? I can't imagine the 2 hour bus ride home with ice packs last night or the ice baths/ocean swim would be all that welcome this morning.

The emotional roller coaster of a football season is part and parcel of being a fan and I for 1 miss it during the summer (even the losses..... strangely?). But they're balanced out by the feeling we get of seeing them win, particularly at Brookvale on a sunny Sunday.

I remember hearing some advice once.... don't allow yourself to get too carried away with the wins or losses, because as much as I love to follow them there are more important things in life.

Can't wait for Friday as its a chance at redemption. A loss would (for want of a better term) suck, but a win would be awesome!

Ryan-It's all about whatever mood you seem to choose to represent yourself with. Nobody voted you as the smart arse voice of reason on here...you plunder the threads as though YOUR thoughts and comments matter more than other members around here.
Pipe down Ryan.....and stop handing out your disrespectful lectures to people you don't even know. You must be sucking up to somebody!

The team's performance reminded me of a team that had racked up huge scores in the last couple of weeks, and were heavily favoured yet again to win, and … had a couple of stars withdraw, and … had a couple affected by the flu, and … have the match of the year coming up next Friday … so they tried to take the easy route to victory: blitz 'em early with razzle dazzle. I don't think we went out there with the mentality of get-in-the-grind-and-wear-them-down.

Not ideal, but I doubt it's Toovey's fault. Knights gave their best performance of the year – as did a couple of other lesser lights that have lowered our colours in 2012. Part of the difficulty of B2B.

Ryan said:
bob dylan said:

Some of the boys playing look like they have already moved onto their 2013 clubs. Maybe we need to send them on their way now.

Please don't make excuses. The Knights are also missing some of their best players. Fact is, their coach started resting their players 15 minutes out. This is another example of how much we have regressed under Geoff Toovey.

Coming from a bloke you doesn't even know what a quadriceps muscle is. Have you even played sport in your life - or do you just sit on the internet? I signed up to this forum cause i thought there were a bunch of manly supporters on here - not haters! It's disappointing when we lose, but thats football, move onto next week and lets beat the dogs! The season isn't even over yet and your blamming Toovey cause.... why exactly? A win last night would of bumped us into 3rd only 2 points off the lead! Not bad considering all the suspensions, injuries and rotten draw at the start of the season. Manly had 3 of their best out last night, the flu went thru the camp, and we played a very determined Newcastle team. Mnly have always struggled playing at Newcastle, I knew it was a danger game. Just wait til the season is over to start blamming Toovey. And get out more, go to the park and throw a footy around and use your quadriceps muscles (the muscles in your leg used to run) and get off the internet!

quinny said:
Ryan-It's all about whatever mood you seem to choose to represent yourself with. Nobody voted you as the smart arse voice of reason on here...you plunder the threads as though YOUR thoughts and comments matter more than other members around here.
Pipe down Ryan.....and stop handing out your disrespectful lectures to people you don't even know. You must be sucking up to somebody!

I see another obsession here. Quinny, I'm already married, sorry to disappoint. These obsessive, stalk type of posts are becoming common place.

Talk about football. This is a football forum. Do I really matter to you SOOO much, that you have to think about me all the time?

It's ok mate, I'm here if you need me, but all this attention your lavishing on me is creepy. Who would have thought, in a thread in a Sea Eagles forum titled "Whats this rubbish - switching off" by a seperate poster you could discuss ME in depth.

Now, try (and I know it's very difficult for some to understand), to focus on the discussion at hand, and try and add value, rather than discussing little old me. Surely there are more important things in your life. Move on Quinny. Add to the discussion / debate - I'm sure posters were prefer such.

Just think, if you were mature, and disagreed with the original poster, you could have reasoned how, and that would have added to the debate, but you took five minutes out of your life, creating, typing, driving commentary about yours truly.

When people post here (I know this may be difficult for you to understand), I believe they do so to debate all things Manly. They don't CARE about me, nor who I am. They care about my opinion of Manly, so for the love of Pete, try and focus on the right topic.

It's better for everyone. Focusing on a "poster" is simple, uneducated, and not what the forum's meant for. Wasn't before you got here (in the good times), and wasn't after you got here, and this forums culture completely changed.

Simonmyers11 said:
Ryan said:
bob dylan said:

Coming from a bloke you doesn't even know what a quadriceps muscle is. Have you even played sport in your life - or do you just sit on the internet? I signed up to this forum cause i thought there were a bunch of manly supporters on here - not haters! It's disappointing when we lose, but thats football, move onto next week and lets beat the dogs! The season isn't even over yet and your blamming Toovey cause.... why exactly? A win last night would of bumped us into 3rd only 2 points off the lead! Not bad considering all the suspensions, injuries and rotten draw at the start of the season. Manly had 3 of their best out last night, the flu went thru the camp, and we played a very determined Newcastle team. Mnly have always struggled playing at Newcastle, I knew it was a danger game. Just wait til the season is over to start blamming Toovey. And get out more, go to the park and throw a footy around and use your quadriceps muscles (the muscles in your leg used to run) and get off the internet!

Just an opinion about the subject - don't know how it related to me.

Now, I played school-boy rep football for Macarthur (in the St Greg's League), I competition water ski'd, I play soccer, I play cricket, I work out (not as much as I should due to work time constraints), but mostly I spend time with my kids (yesterday, I spent the day playing cricket with my son and his mate), taking them to the arcades.

There - are you happy? You've made the thread an analysis of me.

I am attempted to tee off here, but I won't I'll remain balanced, because in the end, my points stands - in every stat of the game, we have regressed this year (as a number of other posters have pointed out).

If you disagree with that, disagree. Don't make it personal. What are you? Three?

"Hey, I bet you've never played sport" Hardee har har....sounds like something my nine year old son would say to his friend.

Ryan said:
Phantar said:
Here here Bob.

My take:

Injuries, suspensions, the flu (do they give these guys the vaccine as a precautionary measure?), disruption in the off season, new coach, players distracted by contract negotiations. It all adds up. Despite all that, I don't think the scoreboard was a true reflection of the team's performance tonight. Sometimes the luck isn't with you - think Uate's second try.

We probably won't win this year and the team appears to be playing that way. And we are up against the last two decades of history.

On the positive side, we are still in the 8, we should still make the finals and anything can happen from there. But whatever happens, this will be a learning year for Toovey. He'll be the better for it. And I still think we can beat the Dishlickers on Friday! Go Manly!

As I said though, not many teams boast our depth, so apart from tonight, which I think is understandable, our performances this year in the "whole" seems to lack that killer punch - just very inconsistent.

I do hope this season is going to be a learning lesson, because next season is going to be a whole lot tougher with all the talent leaving the team.

The salary cap has really got its claws into us. We need some muscle and aggression. Hopefully the team have a few players back next week.

Why do you say it's going to be tougher next year, because we will have MORE injuries and MORE suspensions and MORE contract distractions. We haven't lost a whole lot of talent, we have lost T rex which is very unfortunate, but have signed Foran, DCE, Ballin, Matai, some promising juniors and hopefully snake. Looking foward to next year and still thiunk we can win it this year! With a full strength side we can puit away any side, and watch the team lift for Friday and during the semis.

Every you post is rubbish

Ryan said:
quinny said:

I see another obsession here. Quinny, I'm already married, sorry to disappoint. These obsessive, stalk type of posts are becoming common place.

Talk about football. This is a football forum. Do I really matter to you SOOO much, that you have to think about me all the time?

It's ok mate, I'm here if you need me, but all this attention your lavishing on me is creepy. Who would have thought, in a thread in a Sea Eagles forum titled "Whats this rubbish - switching off" by a seperate poster you could discuss ME in depth.

Now, try (and I know it's very difficult for some to understand), to focus on the discussion at hand, and try and add value, rather than discussing little old me. Surely there are more important things in your life. Move on Quinny. Add to the discussion / debate - I'm sure posters were prefer such.

Just think, if you were mature, and disagreed with the original poster, you could have reasoned how, and that would have added to the debate, but you took five minutes out of your life, creating, typing, driving commentary about yours truly.

When people post here (I know this may be difficult for you to understand), I believe they do so to debate all things Manly. They don't CARE about me, nor who I am. They care about my opinion of Manly, so for the love of Pete, try and focus on the right topic.

It's better for everyone. Focusing on a "poster" is simple, uneducated, and not what the forum's meant for. Wasn't before you got here (in the good times), and wasn't after you got here, and this forums culture completely changed.

Simonmyers11 said:
Ryan said:
bob dylan said:

Just an opinion about the subject - don't know how it related to me.

Now, I played school-boy rep football for Macarthur (in the St Greg's League), I competition water ski'd, I play soccer, I play cricket, I work out (not as much as I should due to work time constraints), but mostly I spend time with my kids (yesterday, I spent the day playing cricket with my son and his mate), taking them to the arcades.

There - are you happy? You've made the thread an analysis of me.

I am attempted to tee off here, but I won't I'll remain balanced, because in the end, my points stands - in every stat of the game, we have regressed this year (as a number of other posters have pointed out).

If you disagree with that, disagree. Don't make it personal. What are you? Three?

"Hey, I bet you've never played sport" Hardee har har....sounds like something my nine year old son would say to his friend.

Sorry mate, it's just that every thing you post on here is crap, and it's why so many other supporters have ripped into you - and I seriously don't think you ever move away from your computer, let alone play sport. Your a di**khead!

So is my idea of copying ancient Mayan and/or Aztec customs of ritually sacrificing a player when we lose still a bit......hasty? when you think about it, its a great way to maintain the team for our salary cap, by sacrificing under performing players, it always leaves room on our salary cap. Plus this would certainly discourage players from jumping clubs.

Simonmyers11 said:
Ryan said:
Phantar said:
Here here Bob.

My take:

Why do you say it's going to be tougher next year, because we will have MORE injuries and MORE suspensions and MORE contract distractions. We haven't lost a whole lot of talent, we have lost T rex which is very unfortunate, but have signed Foran, DCE, Ballin, Matai, some promising juniors and hopefully snake. Looking foward to next year and still thiunk we can win it this year! With a full strength side we can puit away any side, and watch the team lift for Friday and during the semis.

Again - personal. 30 posts here, and your already creating a great persona. Well done. Apart from the imbecilic comment to finish your post, you did much better with the body of it.

How's this for an idea? I use my quad to go work out? You use YOUR quad to take that obvious great physique, and I ask you to detail your Facebook profile so we can see what someone who throws out the "you have never played sports" card looks like (but you won't, I'm SURE), down the library to get an education about courtesy and conversation skills.

Losing the guts of your youth will always affect your long term viability. Losing in the span of 18 months, Hopoate, Rodney, Robertson, Lussick, Harrison, T Williams, Whare, Oldfield is always going to hurt a team.

Other teams are suring up their talent, and due to the fact that we won a premiership, our is thinning out - that's a salary at work for you. Therefore, it will naturally be harder for us next year (and why the cap was created in the first place - so teams can have their time in the sun).

That's why it will be tougher simon. Hopefully you are able to digest and comprehend that, and yes, I am regressing to your abusive level, because maybe an adult conversation with you is too difficult of a task.

"Every you post is rubbish". Well written nitwit. Now care to show us what a great sporting figure YOU have? To be able to critique others like that must mean you are ripped.

I'll wait for a Facebook profile, to see what a fine specimen you are. Back up your comments, or deny it for whatever reason, which will show exactly the type of character you are.

EDIT: Read your last great comment (I'm a dickhead) - outDONE yourself. You just seem like another pot smoking, rum drinking redneck incapable of an adult debate. As I clearly explained to you, I spend plenty of time doing other things (hard for a simpleton like you to understand, I know).

Read niccipops post. See how an adult can discuss opinion. The divide in education between morons like you and her must be huge.

We are a very in consistent team, lack energy in defence, tooves needs to address this laid back style, our team doesn't not suit this !

Ryan said:
Simonmyers11 said:
Ryan said:
Phantar said:
Here here Bob.

My take:

Again - personal. 30 posts here, and your already creating a great persona. Well done. Apart from the imbecilic comment to finish your post, you did much better with the body of it.

How's this for an idea? I use my quad to go work out? You use YOUR quad to take that obvious great physique, and I ask you to detail your Facebook profile so we can see what someone who throws out the "you have never played sports" card looks like (but you won't, I'm SURE), down the library to get an education about courtesy and conversation skills.

Losing the guts of your youth will always affect your long term viability. Losing in the span of 18 months, Hopoate, Rodney, Robertson, Lussick, Harrison, T Williams, Whare, Oldfield is always going to hurt a team.

Other teams are suring up their talent, and due to the fact that we won a premiership, our is thinning out - that's a salary at work for you. Therefore, it will naturally be harder for us next year (and why the cap was created in the first place - so teams can have their time in the sun).

That's why it will be tougher simon. Hopefully you are able to digest and comprehend that, and yes, I am regressing to your abusive level, because maybe an adult conversation with you is too difficult of a task.

"Every you post is rubbish". Well written nitwit. Now care to show us what a great sporting figure YOU have? To be able to critique others like that must mean you are ripped.

I'll wait for a Facebook profile, to see what a fine specimen you are. Back up your comments, or deny it for whatever reason, which will show exactly the type of character you are.

EDIT: Read your last great comment (I'm a dickhead) - outDONE yourself. You just seem like another pot smoking, rum drinking redneck incapable of an adult debate. As I clearly explained to you, I spend plenty of time doing other things (hard for a simpleton like you to understand, I know).

Read niccipops post. See how an adult can discuss opinion. The divide in education between morons like you and her must be huge.
You truly are a moron. I don't have facebook cause Im either doing something better with my time like ACTUALLY playing sport - not sitting on the forum every 5 mins - how many posts do you upload a week, it's like your on here all the time. And for someone not to know what a quad muscle is definately is an internet geek! If you want a picture of me in my board shorts to prove that I train you weirdo fine, I'll post it here if you want? I train people at anytime fitness in St Leonards, come down and we will see if you can squat at least more than your own bodyweight.
Your a absolute w##nker!

someone seems to be taking things personally even though they've spent today telling everyone not to take things personally.

re: switching off. I always sit through to the end, makes me enjoy the good times if I've experienced those lows.

lows, not Lowe's.

Funny how a loss causes some fans to turn on each other. Well, maybe funny is not the right word...

globaleagle said:
someone seems to be taking things personally even though they've spent today telling everyone not to take things personally.

re: switching off. I always sit through to the end, makes me enjoy the good times if I've experienced those lows.

lows, not Lowe's.

EXACTLY.

Simonmyers11 said:
Ryan said:
Simonmyers11 said:
Ryan said:
Phantar said:
Here here Bob.

My take:

You truly are a moron. I don't have facebook cause Im either doing something better with my time like ACTUALLY playing sport - not sitting on the forum every 5 mins - how many posts do you upload a week, it's like your on here all the time. And for someone not to know what a quad muscle is definately is an internet geek! If you want a picture of me in my board shorts to prove that I train you weirdo fine, I'll post it here if you want? I train people at anytime fitness in St Leonards, come down and we will see if you can squat at least more than your own bodyweight.
Your a absolute w##nker!

Aaaah, the good ol' "fitness trainer". A lot of study to do that? Hey, and your the one focusing on my health and fitness here, so don't get upset. Or are the Roids kicking in, and your having a little mini rage?

Also, it's "your AN absolute wanker", but I'll give you some leeway now - hahahahaha.

Gotta love it when people tell you how fit, muscular, and great looking they are on the Internet. Oh your SOOO intimidating. Lol. Found you as well:-

dork1.jpg

Man - I just wish I was in your position. Renting a unit somewhere, going down the gym to look at myself each day - that's MUCH better than me. Your SooOo lucky.

The thread title says it all about how it's own content ended up. Too much off topic personal attacks.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4