What's the issue putting Lyon back to 5/8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We are rebuilding ,whats the point of putting Lyon at 5/8 when he wont be there next year ?
Rebuilding means getting better over time ,its a process.Having Lyon play 5/8 this year does nothing to help our team in the future.
Be honest guys ,we are not winning the GF this year.But as long as we can keep improving the rebuild ,the sky is the limit with this group (plus a couple more future acquisitions).

@robbiea while I do agree with you, mostly because I personally don't mind Walker as a running 5/8 and that also seems to be what the coaching staff want from him, there seems to be a school of thought that for the rest of year at least we might be better served having Killer at pivot and Walker in the centres. It puts less pressure on DCE to be the everything play maker.

However, as much as some people may think its a good idea, I doubt its going to happen.

@robbiea while I do agree with you, mostly because I personally don't mind Walker as a running 5/8 and that also seems to be what the coaching staff want from him, there seems to be a school of thought that for the rest of year at least we might be better served having Killer at pivot and Walker in the centres. It puts less pressure on DCE to be the everything play maker.

However, as much as some people may think its a good idea, I doubt its going to happen.
Yeah nah ,That actually makes sense too .Probably not to Jamie though !

I think there will be to much involvement at 5/8 & to much running for jamie.I don't think he has the stamina for it he's happy just to plod along out wide.The coaching staff should have made him retire effective immediately so walker can go back to centre.
Thats a bit harsh...... Still probably the best player with have on the field at the moment. Yep he's still getting old but he'll do the job better than most for the rest of the year.

Bigger issue will be who plays Hooker now we have two internationals in that spot on the team.

It's weird, because we have Parcell, Koroisou, Buhrer and Brown who can all play Hooker. If you then look at who can play other positions (in the forwards), you have Brown and Buhrer.

Of Koroisou / Parcell, it just seems our team is much better for having Parcell at 9.

Also, I'd love Api to spend a fair bit of time with Godinet in the halves for NSW Cup (until John returns - which may actually be this week !!), then he can switch back to Hooker there.

All depends on injuries of coarse. The latest:-

Brett Stewart: Minor Hamstring strain. Expected back Rd 10.
Tom Trbojevic: Ankle injury, still being assessed.
Jamie Buhrer: Broken thumb. Expected back Rd 10
Isaac John: Pec, 10 weeks.
Jorge Taufua: Broken Collarbone. Expected back Rd 15

Johns injury was round one wasn't it?

Last edited:
It's weird, because we have Parcell, Koroisou, Buhrer and Brown who can all play Hooker. If you then look at who can play other positions (in the forwards), you have Brown and Buhrer.

Of Koroisou / Parcell, it just seems our team is much better for having Parcell at 9.

Also, I'd love Api to spend a fair bit of time with Godinet in the halves for NSW Cup (until John returns - which may actually be this week !!), then he can switch back to Hooker there.

All depends on injuries of coarse. The latest:-

Brett Stewart: Minor Hamstring strain. Expected back Rd 10.
Tom Trbojevic: Ankle injury, still being assessed.
Jamie Buhrer: Broken thumb. Expected back Rd 10
Isaac John: Pec, 10 weeks.
Jorge Taufua: Broken Collarbone. Expected back Rd 15

Johns injury was round one wasn't it?
Pretty sure John has been shut down for the season. Cordner is the only one with a pec injury that miraculously healed in the same amount of time you'd expect for a failed drug test (just saying)

Be honest guys ,we are not winning the GF this year.
[/QUOTE="robbiea, post: 795958, member: 67"]

images.jpg

We are rebuilding ,whats the point of putting Lyon at 5/8 when he wont be there next year ?
Rebuilding means getting better over time ,its a process.Having Lyon play 5/8 this year does nothing to help our team in the future.
Be honest guys ,we are not winning the GF this year.But as long as we can keep improving the rebuild ,the sky is the limit with this group (plus a couple more future acquisitions).

We the counter to that would be what's the point of Walker at 5/8 when he will be center next year once Lyon retires

I'm of the firm belief that Walker WILL NEVER BE a first grade standard 5/8. Bozo and Ray are wrong. He JUST WONT GET THERE. He doesn't have it. ! this is f0cking our season. Our backline play is pathetic, and has shown NO SIGNS of improvement.
If you read this and come to the conclusion that i've lost my temper with this you are correct. If you read this and your name is Robert Fulton or Trent Barrett THEN WISE UP AND DO THE RIGHT THING.
He doesn't make plays, he can barely pass.
Killer is proven at that position. OK he's getting on, but surely he can do it in a certain style / methodology that cuts down a little on defence, and maximises his kicking game up to the semis. So he only has 15 or 17 matches to play and his retirement will be for A LONG TIME.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6