What's the issue putting Lyon back to 5/8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What does the 'establishment ' (bozo and trent in that order) have against moving Killer back into the 5/8th position.

Jamie has been one of the greatest 3/4 I know but we need a job done now and Walker just isn't a 5/8 IMHO.

Walker needs to be hitting holes and burning people not stuttering towards the line and thinking.

Killers been there and done it at 5/8 and while I know it's a more physical position to play given he's hanging up the boots soon why not try it. I

Baz wants to train Walker up to be a 5/8 - that's what he and Bozo determined was his best long term position.

We will see next week who actually gets to take the field for Manly :)

Killer has prolonged his career by playing center. This along with not playing rep footy has kept him probably the best center playing for the last decade. He aint getting any younger. We need to look after him for what time we have left. He aint no spring chicken. Have to manage older players to get the best from them.

Killer doesn't want to play 5/8 even though it's best for the side. He's putting his personal preference ahead of the club.

We know he has said he doesn't want to play 5/8, I have not heard him say he wont play 5/8.

Unless you have proof that he refuses to play 5/8 I wouldn't be accusing one of our greats of selfishness.

We know he has said he doesn't want to play 5/8, I have not heard him say he wont play 5/8.

Unless you have proof that he refuses to play 5/8 I wouldn't be accusing one of our greats of selfishness.
No I have no proof but that is what everyone says. Maybe it's walker who refuses to play centre? I'm nit sure but we need to have walker in the centres

My view is that Jamie needs to play 6 for the good of team balance. The captain needs to step up here, last season last smeason

No I have no proof but that is what everyone says. Maybe it's walker who refuses to play centre? I'm nit sure but we need to have walker in the centres

I'm pretty sure he was asked about playing 5/8 during the off season (possibly before we signed Walker) and his response was that it isn't his choice but if the team needs him to he will play there. Highly doubt he would just flat out refuse!

I'm pretty sure he was asked about playing 5/8 during the off season (possibly before we signed Walker) and his response was that it isn't his choice but if the team needs him to he will play there. Highly doubt he would just flat out refuse!
Yeah but surely Jamie has realised walker is never going to be a good 5/8

to me it just seems like they noticed how naturally talented walker is, and he is extremely talented/skillfull.. making his debut for aus at 19, and decided he could adapt to being a five eighth. I still think he's a centre. Can't wait for him to fill into lyons #3 next year with a proper five eighth in the 6 jersey

Yeah but surely Jamie has realised walker is never going to be a good 5/8
I remember plenty saying the same about Jamie back in 2007. The calls for that guy who used to coach us (spes? Fes? Doggler?) to move Jamie into the centres was huge. And it wasn't just Manly fans, it was the media and so called experts as well. We all know how influential Killer became in that 2008 run through the finals.

I'm not suggesting Walker is going to be like that. But if they want him there they need to persist.

Baz wants to train Walker up to be a 5/8 - that's what he and Bozo determined was his best long term position.

We will see next week who actually gets to take the field for Manly :)

I have a feeling there won't be a change. Killer will be in the centres and Walker will be at pivot.

In a lot of ways, having them swap positions is counter productive to what the coaching staff want. They see Walker as our long term 5/8 and moving him back to centre now would dent the guys confidence. Even if its explained that Killer at pivot is best for the team right now, its still a demotion of sorts.

I have a feeling there won't be a change. Killer will be in the centres and Walker will be at pivot.

In a lot of ways, having them swap positions is counter productive to what the coaching staff want. They see Walker as our long term 5/8 and moving him back to centre now would dent the guys confidence. Even if its explained that Killer at pivot is best for the team right now, its still a demotion of sorts.
The injuries have cruelled Manly working out their new attack structure.

I'm hoping that we come back, well rested and focused on farewelling Killer in style :clap:

Injuries are the only reason I could see Baz ever swapping Killer and Walker.

I honestly think that Dylan was put at fullback last week because they wanted him to play similar to Snake and chime into the line as an extra 5/8. And as we know, these days in attack fullbacks generally play as an extra 5/8. Snake has been doing it for a decade now, Billy Slater does when he's playing, Ben Barba is becoming very good at it for the Sharks. It might have also given him more room to move and use his speed had things gone to plan.

What we found though is that regardless of anything.....fullback is NOT Dylan Walker's position.

Bigger issue will be who plays Hooker now we have two internationals in that spot on the team.

I still think they should give Matato a game there. He looked really good for Tonga
Nah mate he lacks the stamina for 80 minutes and can't tackle and gives away ball to often. Would rather recruit a 5/8. We can't keep giving makeshift halves the 6 jersey it's too much pressure on snake and chez. Hopefully young Tom wright becomes a good player.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6