What's the bet?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
When we convene here around 8.45 pm to de-brief tonight's game, the main topic of conversation will be diabolical refereeing and/or a ridiculous decision going against us.

Just a hunch.

If we lose then this place will be filled with villagers calling for the head of whoever played the worst  :)

Oh, and maybe Choc's handling skills or dumb penalties

If we get beaten by 60, but the reffing was correct and fair, i think i'd be able to cop that a whole lot better than a ref messup

Hmmmmmm well i really hope we are chatting about how well we played,and how we had an awesome win against the storm in Melb....... ;D 8) :eek: :-*

I'm confident Choc's handling will be good and no penalties from him or King tonight.  A win here.  Our outside backs are better than theirs, as is our bench.  Our forwards should hold theirs and if we get up on Finch, bustle him into errors and hold the middle, and with a fair share of the ball, we can beat them.  Manly by 8.  Foran or Lyon, mom.  I'll be very interested in how Baurer goes.

I'm with you mata, I can see it coming a mile off

Forwards are the key, keep smashing them and we win. Loving Watmough, Matai, Foran and co with the physicality at the moment

I've got manly in a few live sportsTAB bets, the best is to win by 7-14, so this score atm is perfect.

Have tipped them in all my tipping too, come on boys!

We go to 16-0 up and they start to find some very dubious penalties.  I'm very relieved we won that, because it was nearly taken off us.

I really hope Des asks whats the difference between our player chasing a kick and hitting their player and 2 minutes later when their player chases the kick and hits our player.

WTF

Finch has to go

Yeah some dodgy calls against us.  We were lucky Choc's penalty on the line (which led to him dropping off the tackle which had the Storm score) didn't cost us the game.

Very pleased the refs kept quiet during the second half, i was fearing they'd find an easy opportunity to give Storm a penalty in the last 20

Matabele link said:
We go to 16-0 up and they start to find some very dubious penalties. 

Exactly.  It was the only thing that let them into the game. 

Manly owned them in the first half but they just didn't play the second half the same way. First half they were passing the ball out wide but the second they were more taking the ball up and running up the middle. 

We also did well to beat them using only 16 players. 

Do you think that we missed Kite tonight?  I know that it would have been better if he was there but to me, I really don't think that we missed him that much.

T-Rex has improved greatly from last year and it was good to see him bowling over the opposition when he decided to run with the ball.  If he could only get more of a run up he would be just about unstoppable.

Choc played a good game overall except for a couple of things. That little brain explosion when he grabbed the Storm players arm on the tryline really grated me and it's a pity that he let Cronk's legs go for that try that would have been a double movement if he had only hung on tighter.

We did miss Kite.  Perry played too many minutes and he was responsible for their first try with a dumb penalty followed by lazy defense.

Gee its gonna be hard for Des to drop players for those returning to the side
Cross and Gnulavo have been awesome off the bench

Matabele link said:
We did miss Kite.  Perry played too many minutes and he was responsible for their first try with a dumb penalty followed by lazy defense.

Seriously.....did he steal one of your pies or try and cut your grass ?? Give the guy some credit, he stood up tonight and had a red hot go. 

Matabele link said:
Bailey and Buhrer can make way.  Bailey was fairly ineffectual tonight. 

What a dud Baily has been for us.. Ever since his first hit-up for us, I never thought he was any good. When is he contract up?

The whole team played awesome last night.  Perry went well Matas. What's the problem?  Sure I've been into him for a couple of lazy displays in the earlier rounds, but he stood up last night and pushed forward through the line.  And Lielui, Bailey was sound in defense which was needed last night.  Sure he's not the most adventurous player but he's solid enough.  This team can win the big one.  They will only get better. 

A solid effort by all players, but I agree that bailey just doesn't offer anything - I'm not pleased when he makes the 17 squad.

Farrar has been a revelation. He did make a few errors with kicks last night, but before they occured i was thinking that he is not better than Snake, but he performs in some areas better than Snake. i think his last line of defence is more solid and his ball skills are good. Snake obviously has him in game breaking ability and speed, barks orders in defence and confidence and options he brings to the team, but overall I don't think we lose a great deal with Farrar in that position. They can win a GF with him there.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7