What's Happened to our Crowds at the Fortress?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Much like most of the things on here I would suggest it is worth waiting before judging the crowds

1. Is there an overall trend in NRL crowds? Are they down compared to previous years
2. How do the crowd figures compare over a variety of days and conditions (i would be worried if that was the crowd on a Sunday)
3. Impact of off field (if it continues to drag)
4. We are 1/3 which could be an impact

But of course we can always leap to conclusions based on a little evidence
You are just an apologist for the penns and zorba. When any one has a say and it is anti zorba or Penn there you are hitting the ball up for them or putting down other appinions right on queue.

Seems like the fans are protesting how management are running the place. No one has come out and guareented Tooves will be there. Imagine if they get rid of him! Crowds would be worse. I think fans would like the truth and to be told what direction they are planning for the club.

I think this pretty much sums it up......plus the weather didn't help.

Certainly not our worst crowd though. I reckon there were around 9,000 Manly fans and I clearly remember being at Brookie on an atrocious day when there were only about 5,000.

Along with the contracts/Tooves controversies, me thinks last night it was a case of many Manly fans being wusses and took the easy way out. However, as always, I loved being at Brookie (despite the loss) and also enjoyed watching the young guys have a great win in the Holden Cup game.

You are just an apologist for the penns and zorba. When any one has a say and it is anti zorba or Penn there you are hitting the ball up for them or putting down other appinions right on queue.

I am for stability and transparency in the club rather than petty agendas regardless of who is in charge.

Do I think the pens are great for the club? Basically I think it is too early to judge as they have to clean up the dysfunctional mess that was the board / operations for a number of years

IMO - given the losses and some of the margins over the last 6 months + the halves leaving fiasco, fans are turned off. There has been no good news from management in a while. Only news they have for us is the of potentially recruiting a human bubbler and or woman basher .

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a suggestion to the ppl who run the forum, please provide a section in the id box that shows a percentage of likes
ID BOX E.G..PNG
to posts. This might provide a platform of fans that may have valid scopes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boys the place is an absolute disgrace. What's with the chipping wedge divots all over the place??
Have the ground staff been practising for the Masters?

Boys, my back lawn is 1000× nicer than Brooky - and I don't even water the kent.
Yeah it wasn't great last night but it is ours. Go away slime troll. Go and spank the monkey in your mum's basement ..... again.

I attended, on the hill. The weather turned out to be OK but it did look threatening and would have turned off all those but we rusted-on supporters. I was extremely proud of the guys' performance. When you look at our team, on paper, compared to the Dogs who played in the GF and, somehow, still managed to recruit an International, then we did extremely well.
Overall I feel that RL is losing its crowd appeal. And this is what the controllers of the sport - the TV networks - want. Playing most matches at night, including those God forsaken Monday nights, puts more bums in front of television sets. Add the fact that 95% of immigrants to Australia follow soccer, not RL, and crowd numbers will continue to slide.

Crap weather. Probably selling more GA memberships than Jane Try because of price and when the weather is **** then people stay at home.

I work up at Chatty and was looking out the window around 4 and it was horrible. Windy, wet, not gonna take the kids out in that.

I am for stability and transparency in the club rather than petty agendas regardless of who is in charge.

Do I think the pens are great for the club? Basically I think it is too early to judge as they have to clean up the dysfunctional mess that was the board / operations for a number of years

OMG We won comps and made profits and because zorba leaked from the board room to destabilise Perry and others ,(put on by the Penns to do so) thats ok is it ? . Well now its there for them and they are stuffing it up big time.

You know what, what you are doing and saying is everything I find wrong with our club

There should be no sides, no agendas apart from what is best for the club. To be honest i am over it

Over the sniping nameless articles. One week we must not trust the tele as it is zorba leaks but when there is an article in the herald it is okay (when it is just as bad as the Greeks efforts )

Over the people with "information" who claim to know what is going to happen...when it is clearly just another agenda

Over the witch hunts - it is a Kelly's fault, kelly does not talk, kelly is full of crap when he talks

Imagine how successful we could have been?

OMG We won comps and made profits and because zorba leaked from the board room to destabilise Perry and others ,(put on by the Penns to do so) thats ok is it ? . Well now its there for them and they are stuffing it up big time.

I'm starting to completely understand where your coming from.

Nothing to do with the weather, I think the off season dramas have pissed off a lot fans.

I agree. I have a season ticket I'm yet to use. I just couldn't be bothered. I enjoy this site because of all you mugs.

Modern RL has killed off tribalism so now we're left with the sport attracting fans based on entertainment value.

So i guess what I'm saying is i reckon people have found something more entertaining to do for a few hundred bucks on a Friday night?

You know what, what you are doing and saying is everything I find wrong with our club

There should be no sides, no agendas apart from what is best for the club. To be honest i am over it

Over the sniping nameless articles. One week we must not trust the tele as it is zorba leaks but when there is an article in the herald it is okay (when it is just as bad as the Greeks efforts )

Over the people with "information" who claim to know what is going to happen...when it is clearly just another agenda

Over the witch hunts - it is a Kelly's fault, kelly does not talk, kelly is full of crap when he talks

I wish you'd post more. I think you'd make a great mod. Then again, I think Hiku is fantastic too, and that I'd make a great mod, so what would I know...

Keep up the good work lsz. It's not much I know, but I'm with you!

Last edited:
The other issue is IMO Fans are loyal but when they see players at their club go for the money grab with a year left on their contract it's very hard to show them any loyalty.

Your kidding. " How successful could we have been" . Well we might of won comps and made profits, oh wait we did.
Its people like you that got sucked into the dis functional board crap zorba and the telecrap were pedaling. All at the request of the Penns. His family.

Another 10k crowd again with a Bulldogs rivalry? Why have the fans stopped going? It looked last night like it was nearly half Dogs fans? This must be our worst ever HOME crowd. Couldn't have been more than 6000 Manly fans. Poor old Penn would have lost another motza and the divits was embarrassing for Brookvale council on National TV.
My guess is because the fans are not happy with what is going on with the club.
It's a disgrace that the new owners have ruined us as a club and our passion for our team.
How much longer do we have to put up with this? Speaking to members of groups on facebook they are sick of what has happened to our club and are aborting the team we love because they don't like that the Penn's have lied to us all about our Christmas presents and because they stopped Max's ticket (a big no no). I heard Arko has had a word to them about this so maybe JUST maybe they might pull their heads in and we might get more fans to Fill The Hill.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6