what's going on with Fa'oso - it's gone quiet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He has a Court Date on 8th February - then the NRL Integrity Unit need to do a review.

Hope he and his Family come through all this OK - Manly Fans love his input :angel:

Apparently he is cleared for full contact work after recovering from his neck fracture.

Thanks for that info HappilyManly. :)

It's good to hear that he has recovered from his injury and has been cleared for full contact work because as you have said, "Manly fans love his input". We certainly did miss that impact when he was suspended last season for that 8 matches which actually turned out to be 10 weeks :mad:

Jethro said:
Thanks for that info HappilyManly. :)

It's good to hear that he has recovered from his injury and has been cleared for full contact work because as you have said, "Manly fans love his input". We certainly did miss that impact when he was suspended last season for that 8 matches which actually turned out to be 10 weeks :mad:

That still burns me up, diving sheesh!

Didnt he plead guilty to DUI but is contesting a number of other matters. From memory Wilful damage, not stopping for police etc. That maybe what the 8 February appearance is about?

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles respect the decision handed down in court today in regards to the matter involving Richie Fa’aoso.

The club will now internally review the outcomes from the court charges today, before putting forward their disciplinary recommendations to the NRL Integrity Unit.

The Sea Eagles will continue in its duty of care to the player, as Richie continues to undergo the necessary NRL supported counselling, while ensuring the welfare of his family.

“Richie has been genuinely remorseful during this whole period. He understands the seriousness of what occurred and plans to make amends with everyone involved, especially his family.” General Manger David Perry said.

A sentiment echoed by Fa’aoso.

“I want everyone to know that I apologise wholeheartedly for my actions, and make no excuses,” Fa’aoso said.

“I will do whatever I need to do to get back on track and I again thank my family, the NRL and the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles for their ongoing support during this time.”

The club will not make any further comment on the matter at this stage.

The Wheel said:
Didnt he plead guilty to DUI but is contesting a number of other matters. From memory Wilful damage, not stopping for police etc. That maybe what the 8 February appearance is about?

Update
Reports say Manly Sea Eagles' Richie Fa'aoso has pleaded guilty to resisting arrest and not pulling over for police.

The 29-year-old has been sentenced to a 12 month good behaviour bond, loss of license for 9 months and has been slapped with a $2,000 fine.

A malicious damage charge has been dropped.
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2013/11/manly-sea-eagles-richie-faaoso-charged-with-drink-driving-following-domestic-dispute/

Sounds like all charges were dealt with today - the Courts are ahead of themselves for once :)

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/faaoso-on-good-behaviour-bond/story-e6frfku9-1226808470250

I wonder what the NRL integrity unit will do?

You know they have form (inconsistent) on matters.

They fine some coaches and players but not others.

When even a player (Jonathon Thurston) calls the NRL corrupt and is not fined and when 2V asks for an investigation into officialdom he is fined.

The way I see it is as follows, he has been dealt with by the court and has taken his punishment therefore any additional sanctions by the NRL integrity unit would be over the top. In my opinion.

I heard an interview with David Perry on the radio after the finding and the club is certainly going to be helping Richie and his family with rehabilitation and counselling etc.

I can't imagine the NRL acting further on the situation as the courts have dealt with it appropriately with a 12 month good behaviour bond and a 9 month Driving Licence suspension.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Manly should discipline him by standing him down indefinitely ... then reinstate him when he is fit to play. Greenberg can hardly argue against that.

Most definitely :D

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Manly should discipline him by standing him down indefinitely ... then reinstate him when he is fit to play. Greenberg can hardly argue against that.

Yes he can......cause he's a Manly hating twat.

mickqld said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

I'm confused...does that mean he's a feminist or a lesbian? :huh:

mickqld said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

I'm confused. Does that mean he's a feminist or a lesbot? :huh:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4