What's going on with dce

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Penrith deserved to win on the back of their giant forwards. They must have been smarting since the 30 nil game.

Technical Coach said:
I've mentioned this before when everyone was raving on about how much better DCE is compared to Cronk---he has a long long way to go but has the potential no doubt.

As i mentioned at the time he is developing nasty habits in his game that need to be ironed out now before they become too ingrained in his style of play.

From slow option taking, not being direct, not playing straight, slow kick release, being predictably direct(the opposite to the above) purely just to mix it up without any real thought, overdoing the short side as his pet play etc etc.

Even without K Foran there is a quality spine in the 7,9,1 plus internationals still all over the place----yes we do need more youthful mobile forwards and a more streamlined physical presence that can play up tempo for longer periods to allow him to play off the cuff a little more.

Manly play best at short high intensity explosive intervals---when the game is fast and lacking stoppages we can fatigue real quick---youthful more mobile teams will put try after try in quick succession when they get a good roll on.

We have the team to make the GF if we get a double chance but our style of play is not conducive to consistent regular season performances to the level of the Storm.

We have to win both of our next 2 home games now to have a chance of the 4---i don't want to play Melb in Melb so we should be aiming for a top 3 finish.

I'm not worried about Melbourne in the finals. Their inability to dominate in the forwards will only be exacerbated come finals time. It should have already cost them against the Raiders and Warriors this year except either the inability of their halves or brain explosions by the outside backs cost those sides the win. Bellamy knows its still a problem, hence the Ryles signing. My prediction is when the refs put the whistle away like they do in finals and the importance of dominating at the point of the collision overshadows the work on the ground, than the Storm will bounce out of the finals again like they did last year.

Outside of the Broncos, they've also had the dream draw so far this year which was extended to last week playing the Broncos at home less Origin players for Brisbane.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Pittwater Legend said:
DCE has been having nice touches every game. Given how long he has been in first grade I'm still happy with how he's progressing.

if he is still a progressing player when will he be worth $500k
Gee thats a touch harsh. Do we really know what he is really on. I've heard many a player say in the media they don't even talk amongst themselves about contract sizes.

Once Kieran is back things should get back to normal, his role has changed and we are playing a more conservative game, something I think tooves doesn't want to do ! Add to the fact that our roster chops and changes regularly, it can't make it easy to build consistency in our attack ! Clubs have also had a chance to study his game a little more now.

Masked Eagle said:
Technical Coach said:
I've mentioned this before when everyone was raving on about how much better DCE is compared to Cronk---he has a long long way to go but has the potential no doubt.

As i mentioned at the time he is developing nasty habits in his game that need to be ironed out now before they become too ingrained in his style of play.

From slow option taking, not being direct, not playing straight, slow kick release, being predictably direct(the opposite to the above) purely just to mix it up without any real thought, overdoing the short side as his pet play etc etc.

Even without K Foran there is a quality spine in the 7,9,1 plus internationals still all over the place----yes we do need more youthful mobile forwards and a more streamlined physical presence that can play up tempo for longer periods to allow him to play off the cuff a little more.

Manly play best at short high intensity explosive intervals---when the game is fast and lacking stoppages we can fatigue real quick---youthful more mobile teams will put try after try in quick succession when they get a good roll on.

We have the team to make the GF if we get a double chance but our style of play is not conducive to consistent regular season performances to the level of the Storm.

We have to win both of our next 2 home games now to have a chance of the 4---i don't want to play Melb in Melb so we should be aiming for a top 3 finish.

I'm not worried about Melbourne in the finals. Their inability to dominate in the forwards will only be exacerbated come finals time. It should have already cost them against the Raiders and Warriors this year except either the inability of their halves or brain explosions by the outside backs cost those sides the win. Bellamy knows its still a problem, hence the Ryles signing. My prediction is when the refs put the whistle away like they do in finals and the importance of dominating at the point of the collision overshadows the work on the ground, than the Storm will bounce out of the finals again like they did last year.

Outside of the Broncos, they've also had the dream draw so far this year which was extended to last week playing the Broncos at home less Origin players for Brisbane.

I totally agree a full strength fresh Manly squad will have no issues finals time with Melb where high intensity high impact defence and straight hard tackle busting attack come to the fore. The problem i see and i feared this before the season start is that our ageing forwards and size is struggling to keep up with the pace of the game.

Melb have up the tempo even more on top of adding a little more variety in attack within their own half and adding Ryles for some forward size---they are still lacking in this dept though. A fast dry track in Melb with a Manly squad who have had to play too many grinding games to get into the 4 going down to Melb is asking for trouble like 09.

We need to start looking for some more youthful young islander lean explosive forwards to up our go forward tempo with the added benefit of shorter recovery times from injury that has been noted by many in the know. Even looking to convert Islander/Kiwi (centres/wingers) into explosive back rowers instead of paying for established quality to ease the pressure on the salary cap.

The days of having a "front rower" "back rower" and "Prop" are numbered it's just a streamlined forward pack with a backline and halves. I'm not saying there is no benefit in having "fat size" used as impact interchanges and a point of differentiation from other teams like Manly have proven but it's not as important these days.

That's an outrage!! Why is he at that game? He should be at home resting!! Put him in NSW cup so he can think about what he is doing!

Napper said:
That's an outrage!! Why is he at that game? He should be at home resting!! Put him in NSW cup so he can think about what he is doing!

Players are allowed to watch a game of footy mate....Tin foil hat sir?

torana355 said:
Napper said:

A BULLDOGS GAME? He's leaving for sure!

Napper said:
torana355 said:
Napper said:

Whats wrong with him watching a Dogs game? You really think he is going to watch his "new club" play???

torana355 said:
Napper said:
torana355 said:
Napper said:

Whats wrong with him watching a Dogs game? You really think he is going to watch his "new club" play???

He's on 500k per year. Surely he can afford Foxtel. He went there to see Des. think i saw him singing the team song in the sheds!

Sipping lattes like a rooster

Wolfpack said:
Brookvale said:
Whats he doing at the rooters v bollocks game?

Watching the game.

have you ever watched a game not involving manly?
Ive been invited twice, went to the bar at half time both times. its like watching the waratahs, golf or paint dry!

I think the fact that DCE was at the Roosters V Dogs game means that every Roosters and Dogs player is coming to Manly before June 30. Just for depth to cover for more injuries.

Maybe he was there watching some mates he used to play with, JWH, Tasi and Hodko. Could be as simple as that. Geez were a paranoid lot on here.

I thought DCE's timing was a bit off on the weekend, but the forwards weren't helping him.

Other than that he's been playing well - just had too much load on him with Foran out.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2