What's going on with dce

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

slickster71

Reserve Grader
Since he has resigned with us

He has constantly kicked the ball dead or straight to the fullback and wingers

Constantly 2nd guessing himself.

He needs to lift his game

His role has been changed since Foran as been injured.

Playing well in my opinion.

At the now and yeah DCE needs to up his performance . Last tackle options are not good at all. Have we had a repeat set today? Our attack just doesn't seem to be clicking at all. I know Foz1 is out but come on DCE, we need a few more performances like against Panthers at Brookie

Not DCE missing all the tackles - our forwards are the problems and they are not hitting the line as hard as the Panthers, Their forwards have been great.

Neve blame backs when forwards are getting smashed.

Grant and Mckendry and co have dominated our lame props kite and rose.

DCE has been having nice touches every game. Given how long he has been in first grade I'm still happy with how he's progressing.

He just needs to relax a little and go with his instincts instead of second guessing himself. That and a haircut wouldn't go astray.

bob dylan said:
Neve blame backs when forwards are getting smashed.

Grant and Mckendry and co have dominated our lame props kite and rose.

Spot on. Our props let us down with 0 go forward.

Without snake ballin and joe in defence we'd have lost by 50

Pittwater Legend

RE: What's going on with dce
DCE has been having nice touches every game. Given how long he has been in first grade I'm still happy with how he's progressing.

If he was on 150-250k i would agree with you. But anyone earning 450-500k means they are senior players and experienced. Action speak larger than words and his short stint is no excuse anymore. I am sure if Choc gave us that sort of performance we would all be screaming blue murder here but choc gives up 120% each game and he is on less money that DCE.

He is not running the line and he needs to do that but also he need to kick the ball in the gaps not straight down the throat of the back 3.

When a lot suddenly comes to one so young it is quite easily squandered and that includes talent. He needs to go back to basics and stop thinking about what he should be and think about what he has been.

I don't think he was that good today. He's at his best when he's running the ball straight, but tried to pass his was through the Panthers defence today. I wouldn't say he's played poorly, but he's had a few quiet games the last month or so.

Pittwater Legend said:

if he is still a progressing player when will he be worth $500k

Jeez guys - he's been looking just fine to me.
Our forwards aren't playing the best.
He's missed/missing his halves "Partner" and that's the way our system works...reliance on each other.

Is he earning 500k this season?

Given how long he has been playing first grade and his age there is only going to be room for improvement. I'm not fazed with how he is coming along at all. It goes without saying but the big dollars invested in him were to secure his services.

Part of his big paycheck has been repaid with our march to the premiership last year. I'm sure he will continue to deliver in the future when we require him to.

Also, we are top 6 everyone. Why act like these one off losses are the end of us? We won 4 straight before this, without T-Rex, K Foran, D Williams & a NUMBER of others out for various periods.

I've mentioned this before when everyone was raving on about how much better DCE is compared to Cronk---he has a long long way to go but has the potential no doubt.

As i mentioned at the time he is developing nasty habits in his game that need to be ironed out now before they become too ingrained in his style of play.

From slow option taking, not being direct, not playing straight, slow kick release, being predictably direct(the opposite to the above) purely just to mix it up without any real thought, overdoing the short side as his pet play etc etc.

Even without K Foran there is a quality spine in the 7,9,1 plus internationals still all over the place----yes we do need more youthful mobile forwards and a more streamlined physical presence that can play up tempo for longer periods to allow him to play off the cuff a little more.

Manly play best at short high intensity explosive intervals---when the game is fast and lacking stoppages we can fatigue real quick---youthful more mobile teams will put try after try in quick succession when they get a good roll on.

We have the team to make the GF if we get a double chance but our style of play is not conducive to consistent regular season performances to the level of the Storm.

We have to win both of our next 2 home games now to have a chance of the 4---i don't want to play Melb in Melb so we should be aiming for a top 3 finish.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4