What would you do to fix this Country!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Flufster

Also it's not a recent thing that some teachers have been numb sculls.

My mother is a teacher, so is my aunty and uncle. My grandmother was a teacher and also had a Doctorate.

The reason that the standards are dropping is because the UAI for the teaching courses was lowered substantially in the late 90's to compensate for the low teacher numbers. I believe it was lowered to 50 or the mid 50's. Beforehand it was strictly 70+, nothing else.

Now nothing against anyone with a UAI of 50 or mid 50's, but obviously they aren't as intelligent as those with a UAI of 70+.

There's also the known fact that some people can be genuises, but can have zero common sense.

Fluffy "owned" is a colloquial internet saying. It means that a person has been "owned" by someone else. I was implying that your post "owned" Byso. The graphic is there to give the reader an idea of what it may look like to be owned. In this case, a baby being drawn on with a marker.

Mind you it wouldn't be a bad election campaign. Instead of kissing babies, the pollies could write "Vote *insert name and year*" on them instead.

Owned....interesting.......There’s been idiot teachers since time began.....You tell me CC which teachers are respected at your school.

The young ones who are keen or the older ones who either pretend they don't hear the sledging they cop or choose not to do anything about it because there to **** scared to act.

Owned....interesting.......There’s been idiot teachers since time began.....You tell me CC which teachers are respected at your school.

The young ones who are keen or the older ones who either pretend they don't hear the sledging they cop or choose not to do anything about it because there to sh*t scared to act.

I think its more of a case of there has been idiots around since time began. You'll find your typical idiot or dumbarse in every profession.

As a junior student, only the "scary" teachers have the students true respect. But as one gains senior status, pretty much every teacher has every students respect. Respect comes with maturity. You can't expect a bunch of 12-15 year olds who care more about impressing the pretty girl to their left than they do their education to respect someone who is telling them to shutup and do their work. I don't know how teachers teach grades 7-10. I have to live with a 14 year old sister and thats bad enough!

Byso at my school we respected the tough but fair techers, which happened to be the older ones. The younger less academically inclined used to be taken for a ride by us.

Judgin by your comments you think the opposite. The only reason i can think that is because you went to a private school where the attractive salaries got the few good young teachers there are and hence your comment has merrit.

However the majority of students do not have that luxury and it is these people who will look after you when you retire.

Yeah at my school, most of the young teachers were garbage. A few of the older teachers sucked but nowhere near as many. We had a young female teacher who tried to root every bloke after they finished Year 12. Lucky she left before i finished, you would know what i mean if you ever saw her. Not that all young teachers are like that.

So at my school the older brigade were the ones respected as a whole.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8