What will the backline look like in 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lolohea would
slow and injured is what i saw the rest is guesswork.

disinterested is really hard to gauge. Playing through injury/illness saps the energy so you may not display things like normal. People labelled him with that not knowing how bad his knee was at the time.
rali
Possibly he was suffering depression which he might have got through.

Obviously if he doesn't recover from injury then you re-arrange.

Agree but Turbo is a gun. A chance to play fullback for Australia long term should he have a good 2017. The kid has got to start!

I did have him starting just not where you want.

He has a lot of improvement needed in defense (Bretts direction was missed) and agree he wont get it unless he plays there but play him at centre and add Green to the team and we are dangerous assuming Brett is back playing good footy.

I would also try Brett on the Wing as an option if he has enough speed.

Parker is also good enough that he should be starting

slow and injured is what i saw the rest is guesswork.

disinterested is really hard to gauge. Playing through injury/illness saps the energy so you may not display things like normal. People labelled him with that not knowing how bad his knee was at the time.

Possibly he was suffering depression which he might have got through.

Obviously if he doesn't recover from injury then you re-arrange.
Tom, DCE and Taufua all played through injury and still managed to play well. Injury ain't an excuse. Stewart didn't show anything last year.

B Stewart
J Taufua
D Walker
T Trbojevic
A Uate
DCE
B Green
I'd be reasonably happy with this backline if they were all 100% fit. But losing Matai is like going into battle missus one of your toughest soldiers.

With all the talk about our forwards.....who will be in & who will be out, perhaps it's time for Jorge to move there???
184cm / 105 kg.......he basically plays like a forward when bringing the ball back & he wouldn't be required to catch bombs!!! I kinda think he would be a revelation in the 2nd Row!

I don't think Snake or Matai will play, even if they do it will only be 5 games until they are injured.

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: D Walker
4: ?
5: A Uate
6: B Green
7: D Cherry-Evans
Yep that's my backs lineup. In the meanwhile I would have Matt Wright in the 4 but I expect a centre or so to be signed should Matai not return. Don't rate wright but he's got a bit of Peta Hiku about him so I'd give him a chance in a good backline, rather than him being in one filled up with injury replacements like Brayden Williame

Beale doesn't even get a start. I rate their backline a fair bit higher than our current set up. Speed to burn.
Yes but only just if the rather risky signing in Uate refinds form. Imagine having one side of the field with walker and Taufua, walkers speed and skill mixed with Taufua's power followed by the other side of Uate and lets just say Matt Wright, once again speed with Uate and both of them have some power to them meaning Taufua, Uate and Wright could all take some quality hit ups in the middle to decrease the workload of our gun forwards.

The Sharks backs may be better then ours but our forwards are better then theirs... So shouldn't it be rather even? Let's hope so

Yes but only just if the rather risky signing in Uate refinds form. Imagine having one side of the field with walker and Taufua, walkers speed and skill mixed with Taufua's power followed by the other side of Uate and lets just say Matt Wright, once again speed with Uate and both of them have some power to them meaning Taufua, Uate and Wright could all take some quality hit ups in the middle to decrease the workload of our gun forwards.

The Sharks backs may be better then ours but our forwards are better then theirs... So shouldn't it be rather even? Let's hope so

Matt Wright? Guy is useless. Would play Jono Wright, Williame and Parker ahead of him.

Can't be that average if they just wont the comp!!
Yes they did win the comp but they relied on their old ones in Gallen, Ennis and Maloney. Every game at least one of them were gone they looked lost. They were lucky they didn't have many injuries this year that's for sure.

Yes they did win the comp but they relied on their old ones in Gallen, Ennis and Maloney. Every game at least one of them were gone they looked lost. They were lucky they didn't have many injuries this year that's for sure.

Fair enough but not sure why people on here are comparing our team to the premiers. We didn't even make the 8. They are leaps and bounds ahead of us. Holmes, Bird, Maloney, Barba etc were dangerous year round. If we click we can match them but need a solid replacement for Matai. Matt Wright is not that person.

Yep that's my backs lineup. In the meanwhile I would have Matt Wright in the 4 but I expect a centre or so to be signed should Matai not return. Don't rate wright but he's got a bit of Peta Hiku about him so I'd give him a chance in a good backline, rather than him being in one filled up with injury replacements like Brayden Williame

Find it interesting that you disagree with my original post yet come to the same conclusion that we are in need of another quality center!?

Tigers shopping Naiqama around. He's certainly quick. Seems to create something from nothing. I see him as a real weapon in attack at centre.

I'm indifferent about Beale

Fair enough but not sure why people on here are comparing our team to the premiers. We didn't even make the 8. They are leaps and bounds ahead of us. Holmes, Bird, Maloney, Barba etc were dangerous year round. If we click we can match them but need a solid replacement for Matai. Matt Wright is not that person.
We had injuries and the worst draw In the comp I don't compare our 2016 side to anyone as everyone in that side basically weren't due to ongoing injuries

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2