1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What will Stewart need to do?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Dan, May 3, 2007.

1. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Just wanted to see what some of you guys think Stewart will need to do to get the blues Jersey?
    We all know that The count is thefavourite and we know the selectors hate to make changes because they are freaks.

So how much will he have to out perform Mini?

2. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    He will have to play, really, really well. Probably go just short of performing sexual favours to the selectors ;)

3. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    How can he do anything when Kimmorley and Kidley are the halves?

4. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    He will struggle. He could get a wing spot though, they have selected fullbacks as wingers in the past.

I think Minichello's kick returns are what will win him the spot.

5. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Even if he outplays Mini I dont think it will make a difference. I would go Stewart at fullback with Mini on the wing but doubt it would happen.

6. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    He has to hope minichello does not have a good game if he wants the number 1

I get the feeling that if he plays well he is a very good chance of a wing spot and i reakon he would go very well there. He tends to favour a winger type tackle when players break the line anyway ie rather than meet them face on he will show them the side line then grab them around the thighs. He is fast, he knows his way to the try line and is very good under the high ball. All traademarks of a good winger. The only thing he will lack is dummy half runs - but in origin that shouldnt be a major factor for a winger.

I also get the feeling they would like to see how he goes and should he fail its safer to have him on the wing rather than at fullback

7. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    He does a few dummy half runs now tho too

8. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Shoot Minichello would help

9. clontaago

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Where's Tonya Harding when you need her?

10. Crushercleal

Crushercleal Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    He needs to tackle well one-on-one. When he missed SBW, and I think Bowen too, that doesn't help his chances. That's what the Selectors want to see.

11. danno

danno Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    No chance of getting a blues jersey unless Mini gets injured.'Kick returns' is where Mini does it alot better than Stewart.

If they go with Lyon & Cooper in the centres, King will have one wing spot. Grothe or even Tahu would probably get the other spot ahead of Stewart.

12. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    take Mini to dinner where the Parra players are all eating!

13. clontaago

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Anasta will have a shocker tonight and J Lyon will get the 5/8 gig for the Blues. King and Cooper in the centres, Grothe and Stewart/Mini on the wing.

14. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I have always said he wont make rep sides until he develops a kick return. With his current surrender style he would be mauled by the qld forwards. If he could run with the purpose of Robertson on return then he would be set for along rep career

15. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    isnt there something about players going to union not getting blues or australia jerserys?

16. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    That went out the window just after NSW gave all the superstars to QLD *COUGH* apparently.

17. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    Grothe will not make the Blues side

18. SilentBob

SilentBob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Wing spot is his only chance, Minichiello and Gidley ahead of him for fullback.

19. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Gidley isn't ahead for fb. Gidley is fighting it out with Farrah for the bench spot.

If they want Mini AND Stewart in the side, it has to be Mini on the wing. He has played there before and like the goal of a couple of years ago, when the full-back makes a kick return, he can come into dummy-half and break tackles that way.

20. SilentBob

SilentBob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Gidley is only fighting Farah for the bench spot because Mini is guaranteed fullback, if he gets injured then Gidley will be next in line for FB in the selectors eyes IMO.