What will happen to Gallop?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Seaeagle63

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
What will happen to Gallop once the Independent Commission takes hold on Nov 1?

Will he still be a part of the Rugby League community or will he drift off into the distance and die somewhere?

if you had read one of the 4 million articles written on it over the last year or 2 you would see he keeps his job.

news ltd quickly offered him a 4 yr contract once talk of the independent commission came out. Too expensive to pay him out so unfortunately we are stuck with him for some time yet

Bring him up to The Hill (either side of the Beer Shed) on Friday night, and a few of us can him some career counseling :D :D :D

MissKate said:
news ltd quickly offered him a 4 yr contract once talk of the independent commission came out. Too expensive to pay him out so unfortunately we are stuck with him for some time yet

I am really confused now.

The IC is supposed to take over from News Ltd so how can Gallop keep his job if he is employed by them?

Gallop is employed by the NRL partnership at the moment.

but News is where he used to work (and who basically still tells him what to do)

Perhaps this Friday he will have an epiphany, renounce his News Limited employers and strive honestly for the betterment of our great game. lol.

As part of the conditions of News Ltd supposedly exiting the game, they stipulate the Goose must keep his job. He was the News Ltd plant into the NRL, having previously been the News Ltd lawyer at the time of the SuperLeague takeover.

Blind Freddy knows exactly why News Ltd insists Gallop keep his job. And it is not to protect the interests of the game.

Ah well - all we can hope for is at some point a similar misfortune visits itself upon him.

Either that or he gives birth to a 50KG pineapple.

:)

Geez, I thought this thread was about what would happen to him on Friday night. Latest press says that he may need additional security. However, I think Manly fans have enough class to realise that it's not worth breaking the law for the sake of an incompetent prostitute!

Tarred and feathered and run out of town naked would obviously be what we'd all be hoping for :angel:

But us Manly fans are far too polite and respectful for that of course

maybe the melbourne fans can accommodate us?

Metaphorically, of course.

... Naked, sun burnt, shackled and gasping for air in the Sahara heat.

He is found, nearing death, by a rogue Murdoch investigative journalist who can't believe his eyes and asks him, "before you die, do you have any regrets?

... And he replies,

"I wish that I wasn't an incompetent prostitute.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6