1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What we did last year

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Rambo1987, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    I remember last year we were being linked to Shannon McDonnell, Shannon Gallant from the Tigers and Brent Crisp from the Bulldogs and Former Newcastle player David Seage.

I wonder if we going to do the same this year.

McDonnell we were close to signing but we signed Farrar instead - and I was happy with that signing but if Hoppa Jnr doesnt get a shot maybe we should look at another signing of a fullback with 1st grade experience.

Also can anyone give us some details on Dennis Sandow - is he any good.

2. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    sandow has a qld cup premiership to his name

3. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Watched David Seage play for the local team Wynnum and he had a good game. And he also plays centre.

4. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    Sandow is ok, scores some tries etc but I have seen him caught out of position a few times for kicks etc.

His wingers sometimes leave him with a lot of cleanup work too.

I will be trying to get to the Sunshine coast game tomorrow and if I get there I will watch him run around and let you know.

The info I was given is he is a cherberg boy and a relation to the South Player. Cherberg is a fairly fertile hub for decent footy players

5. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
  6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Sammut has virtually been shown the door at Penrith, maybe with some spelling lessons he might be a good stop gap for the season.

Just out of interest, does the NRL have a salary cap allowance/discount for long term injuries or do you just have to suck it up ? They have something like this in the AFL from memory but not sure on the mechanics of it.

7. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +497 / 6
    There is no allowance for long term injured players. You can only use the cap space if you release the player. I heard a CEO or coach talking about this recently but can't remember which one.

8. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +555 / 10
    We don't need to buy anyone in. We have the squad to win the comp, even without Snake & Wolfy for a while. Des just has to pick the right team from that squad.

9. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    You're right Duff, and the outsiders people are talking about are mostly crap.  Sammit is rubbish.

10. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    He is going to O/S either Catalan or Celtic

Crisp has moved to the bush

11. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Very positive line of thinking. Anything can happen at this stage of the comp. It's anybody's. All teams are equal, though some are more equal than others. Go Manly.