What tunes ya listen to?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[quote author=clontaago]
Out of the 1300 tracks I have some fav artists would include: Mylo, Felix da housecat, Basement Jaxx, Chemical Bros, Scissor Sisters and afew others.

Fav CD at the moment Vinyl Pusher Addictions.

I agree with this whole lot- good stuff there esp. the Vinyl Pushers Addictions!
And Tism are great too- did you guys know they are all school teachers?
[/quote]

Incorrect

School teacher
Real Estate Salesman
Advertising Exec etc no one knows for sure though

Clontaago...cool have a cable, and I can transfer about the same to yours if you want some other tracks

Awesome. I recently upgraded to an 80GB hard drive on the laptop so its a bit like my ex missus head at the moment, about 1/4 full.

lol......i only have the 40 but my arcade machine has about 80- and it doubles as a juke box so we should transfer some to that!

Just getting back to the Hilltop Hoods: have they had any releases lately that I should be looking up? Being over here, I'm very quickly losing touch with the Australian / New Zealand hip hop scene, which I totally love.

On top of all of that, I probably hvae about 20G of dance, about the same with more chilled tracks, over a dozen Soulwax mashups albums, plus the normal rock / pop stuff.

My current fave is almost 10G of John Coltrane: I used to work with a guy who's a Jazz pianist (he has his own albums). Even he hadn't heard of some of the Coltrane stuff I had which is nice.

Yep, and now with my 10Mbps connection, it will be hard to keep my harddrives clean :)

First step, I'm setting up a fileserver network (as in multiple computers): that will be my media collection.

If I can say anything, though: be sure to try out the free music sites. They have some great tunes and you don't have to feel guilty about downloading them. Others are around, too, where you get to decide how much you will pay for an album and the artist gets almost half of the money (as opposed to normal recording industry released CDs where if they see a dollar for each CD they're lucky).

Add to that the whole Sony fiasco... well, you get the picture. We need to support these independents that have realised that the new industry is here.

Plus, keep an eye out: my 'free music' site / forum should be up soon and I'll need guys to come in and help me breathe life in to it!!

Wolfmother are continuing the great hard pub-band tradition in the vein of Jet etc and get my vote. Same sound but System Of A Down's new album is good too. I think JJJ has a market share of about 3% but most of their stuff is great.

[quote author=PJ]
[quote author=clontaago]
Out of the 1300 tracks I have some fav artists would include: Mylo, Felix da housecat, Basement Jaxx, Chemical Bros, Scissor Sisters and afew others.

Fav CD at the moment Vinyl Pusher Addictions.

I agree with this whole lot- good stuff there esp. the Vinyl Pushers Addictions!
And Tism are great too- did you guys know they are all school teachers?
[/quote]

Incorrect

School teacher
Real Estate Salesman
Advertising Exec etc no one knows for sure though

Clontaago...cool have a cable, and I can transfer about the same to yours if you want some other tracks
[/quote]

Maybe now but I'll bet good $$$ that they were all school teachers when they met and they went to teachers college/uni together

some of them were!

They give hints about what they did and do via their songs, but in reality not many actually know who they are

the last time I saw them was nearly ten years ago at a concert called 'Rockalonga at Yarrawonga' they're farking crazy

I know a bloke who went to teachers college with them all

a mate of a mate.....that is howeveryone knows

they do the best live show i have ever seen. I took a mate to one who is 40 and has seen every band under the sun, goes to concerts all the time. He came out of it and still talks about it today as the best show he has ever seen.

Its not just good music its a full on theate show!

Currently running through my cd stacker is Pink floyd, Led Zep, The who, Supertramp, Chicago and the blues brothers soundtrack.

last one I went to was for their "white Album"

And they all had massive things off the top of their balaclavas with "john, Paul, Ringo or George" written on them

Its pretty funny!

While the music is good the whole thing is just a piss take...I liked their recent take on Shane Crawford- it went something like, "I know a man, who knows a womens who knows a man that kissed Shane Crawford!"

its who "rooted" shane crawford!

I know its all a piss take thats what makes it funny

There satire in things like "Whatareya" where you have to decide between being a yob or a wanker!

"you're only 5 yards from a fcukwit"

its great!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7