What to take from the 9s

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd have Ballin over Hodges anyday
Ballin is mr reliable. Works harder than anyone else in the team. If all of the others had his work ethic then we'd be premiers every season.

He's not the most talented / naturally gifted player but it goes to show what a great attitude, fitness and hard work achieves.

Give that man a pay rise.

What I thought we can take away:

1. We dont suit the 9s format. We are a very good defensive team that has a great left/right wave shift in defence lead by killer on one side and skivvy on the left, which doesnt work with 9 players
2. we suck at the short kick off.
3. We have alot of talented youngsters. Gutho and Turbo Tom are future backs and some of the forwards like Leary look the goods
4. Starling looks like he will be impressive in 2015
5. We walked away with no injuries. Unlike our rd 1 challenger who are nervous on 4 players, including Sandow.

Yeah prefer no injuries than Reynolds limping off, plus parra with few issues.
Us
leary looks very good stocky hard to tackle, perfect 2nd rower.
Gutherson looks almost ready for firsts classy skills.
tom t electric with ball amazing defence lots of work, say 12 months off first grade.
Hodges yes not ballin different type of player a lot more off cuff will play bit this year.
starling looks mile more mobile in attack impressed a lot good signs.
Half's going through motions once where ever they are is sorted will play better.
satini and Chee kam don't look any good.

As others have said, the most positive thing was that no player was hurt.

Last year, Jorge's season was just about ruined by a 9's injury. The first match that means anything is on March 6. And even then, the teams that start in white hot form, rarely maintain it until October. St Merge and the Tigpies started like world beaters last year. Nek minute.......nothing.

I hated the commentators. They would not shut up it was verbal diarrhea.

Where they being paid by the word?

Kiwi commentators love to tell you where the player comes from, the exact town and postcode and somehow link that to being from New Zealand as highlight anything slightly new zealand going on

Kiwi commentators love to tell you where the player comes from, the exact town and postcode and somehow link that to being from New Zealand as highlight anything slightly new zealand going on

Even in the final when the coaches were giving instructions to the their respective teams, the commentators talked about the instructions being given but I didn't even hear what was said to the players.

For example, "Reynolds is laying down the law and saying a lot to the players and having a lot to say." I couldn't hear him.

Players / of note for mine:-

+ Josh Starling looked very fit, and very promising
+ Tom Trbojevic looks fantastic in attack
+ Blake Leary looks like a Glenn Hall mold type of player - and Glenn Hall was great
+ Man, Gutherson has huge potential. Needs some defensive work, but then again, so does Hiku.
+ Thought Dunamis Lui looked pretty good - he bent the line and was aggressive
+ Chee Kam was pretty good. His natural tendency was to still run wide, but that'll change.

Wonder why Jake didn't get a run guys?

What to make of the 9's. Adam Reynolds is the best half back in the world. His kicking game in general play is by far the best. Forwards give them time and space to work with granted. But the amount of times he kicked the ball on the run and had it stop in the in goal area on a dime for a repeat set, or pin point kicks to wingers exactly where he wants for try's.

Add to that he's the number one goal kicker in the comp. As halfback he has just won the NRL comp. When it comes to a half backs he deserves to currently be called the best. All of that and he just signed a 3 year deal for $500k a season.

We have two good halves. But think back to last years elimination. Forget the ref. All's we needed was a half with the poise or may be the organisational skills to set the team up for a field goal. After all we were 20 or 30 metres out and right in front of the post when it was golden point. Do you remember who had the ball in their hands an chose to run it instead. Everything is easy in hindsight. And perhaps its a learning experience for this year.

But ask yourself do really think Reynolds would have stuffed that up? The bench mark half in the comp is worth $500k. Sure makes other figures you have heard recently sound absurd.

What to make of the 9's. Adam Reynolds is the best half back in the world. His kicking game in general play is by far the best. Forwards give them time and space to work with granted. But the amount of times he kicked the ball on the run and had it stop in the in goal area on a dime for a repeat set, or pin point kicks to wingers exactly where he wants for try's.

Add to that he's the number one goal kicker in the comp. As halfback he has just won the NRL comp. When it comes to a half backs he deserves to currently be called the best. All of that and he just signed a 3 year deal for $500k a season.

We have two good halves. But think back to last years elimination. Forget the ref. All's we needed was a half with the poise or may be the organisational skills to set the team up for a field goal. After all we were 20 or 30 metres out and right in front of the post when it was golden point. Do you remember who had the ball in their hands an chose to run it instead. Everything is easy in hindsight. And perhaps its a learning experience for this year.

But ask yourself do really think Reynolds would have stuffed that up? The bench mark half in the comp is worth $500k. Sure makes other figures you have heard recently sound absurd.

Oh come now , the Titans reckon ones worth 1.3 Million a season and clearly ours are way better than Reynolds?

Oh come now , the Titans reckon ones worth 1.3 Million a season and clearly ours are way better than Reynolds?[ The Titans never watched the 9's both ours were .... under prepared lol. At 1.3 Million per season, thou the Goldy would have one person playing in their entire back line. The Turtle will be a good nick name because, he would need a seriously hard back carrying that lot around. "Turtle passes it to Turtle, steps off his right foot and off loads back to Turtle. Turtle who throws a cut out pass out wide which hits the Turtle on the chest, a good inside pass back to the turtle, who steps through the line on his left, yes turtle makes a break and in support,,,, who is it, you guessed it, the Turtle. Turtle out sprints the winger to the corner and the Turtle scores in the corner. And to take the conversion will be non other then the Turtle.

In all seriousness I have stopped reading articles about who's going where and for how much. Have the Titans confirmed they have offered the 1.3 or is that just the word of Mr Orr to the media? After Gav said the Titans were keen on Matai and then the Titans followed up the same day responding that it was news to them. You do have to wonder. ]

Wouldn't have Reynolds in my top 5 halves in the world personally. Yes he won a comp last year, Mitchell Pearce did the same the year before, that doesn't make him the best either

^ He's a way better half than Pearce but I take your point. Although I actually think CIG's analysis is spot on and because Reynolds is so consistent and steady his skill set is underrated. He's essentially a better version of Hodkinson.

Reynolds doesn't take the line on. He hasn't had to because he's had Inglis and a bunch of Burgesses punching through the line. What he does do well is kick, and he does that very well.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6