What the hell is going on with our discipline?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I know we are 25 minutes into this match. I am really concerned about our discipline, dropped balls, stupid penalties , not finding touch from a kick off have made our task harder against a committed home team. Manly have to really improve this or perish in this game.

To the teams credit they really played out the game well, with no errors with the ball apart from Brett being asleep at the start of the half. It is good to see them score points freely like that.

If we can just address our ball control we can threaten the top 3

We are now ahead of the drizzle on for and against and they have to come to Brooky. There is a great chance for 3rd spot.

Jamie Buhrer is such a liability. I don't care how hard he works. He continually puts the team under pressure giving away stupid penalties. He has talent but I can't see how people don't see him dragging us down.

It was good to see the newer players come on towards the end. SAO looks like he could develop into anything. Strong looking kid.
Was not happy with Ferris though, gave away too many easy penalty's. Richie looked very strong and did not drop the ball. Yippee!

I thought we were poor for the first 50 minutes. Lots of dropped ball, giving away penalties, two kick restarts from Matai going dead, Brett gifting the 'Boys second try, punctuated by a couple of good tries.
Then our backs showed their class. The last 30 minutes showed how much last week's training run against Parra has helped. If our forwards can hold the opposition our backs can beat any team.
I though Richie helped with his straight running. Gift had a shocking first half but was much better in the second half. Hopefully he is regaining his form.

I have everything crossed and am praying to all gods that Choc comes through origin unscathed. We need him and Snake fit for the run to the finals.

I'll openly admit that I was doing more than my fair share of swearing at the tv (penalties, kick outs on the full), however, the most encouraging thing is when it clicked we just tore the cowgirls a new a$$hole with our class.

Now I know that the cowgirls weren't exactly full strength, but it does show the talent we have in attack.

I'm with Ricky Stuart on this one, I would have preferred a loss over such a scrappy win :D

Seano said:
Jamie Buhrer is such a liability. I don't care how hard he works. He continually puts the team under pressure giving away stupid penalties. He has talent but I can't see how people don't see him dragging us down.

This x 1000. Every tackle he makes he just lays all over them. Gives away so many penalties.

effnic said:
Seano said:

This x 1000. Every tackle he makes he just lays all over them. Gives away so many penalties.

Jamie has conceded 12 penalties this year

I don't see Jamie Buhrer do much more if anything than most NRL players in the ruck. It seemed last night's officials had decided on watching past tapes that Jamie was a rule breaker. Either way Jamie has to know he is being watched & will have to do better than other players for a while.

I think it is the timing of his indiscretions more than anything. He should be providing relief to those players around the ruck but instead usually puts the whole team under pressure by gifting them a free ticket down our end. He should have the energy to get square at marker or get off the tackled player and still make the next tackle. The 80 minute players can do it. Cut the crap out Jamie.

I thought Jamie had a red hot go last night. I'm impressed how hard he is trying with horo and symonds and back ended deals looming large.

That said, when a ref yells moooooove and Jamie get up x 3.....it'd be a good thing if he listened and got the hell up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6