What that game has proved to me again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Have been thinking it for quite a while now, but tonight confirms it for me

We need to start running with another hooker on the bench, with more spark and a bit more attack in them. The perfect combo was Ballin and L'Estrange. Whether Buhrer is an answer here, I'm not sure but he worked it tonight

Ballin is a top class defender in the middle, and has a nice pass, but in terms of attack from dummy half, he is extremely limited, and I feel he plays a big part in us wasting quite a few sets of 6 when attacking within the 20.
I think 50-60mins of Ballin and 20-30mins of the more explosive type could really ignite this side

Have been thinking it for quite a while now, but tonight confirms it for me

We need to start running with another hooker on the bench, with more spark and a bit more attack in them. The perfect combo was Ballin and L'Estrange. Whether Buhrer is an answer here, I'm not sure but he worked it tonight

Ballin is a top class defender in the middle, and has a nice pass, but in terms of attack from dummy half, he is extremely limited, and I feel he plays a big part in us wasting quite a few sets of 6 when attacking within the 20.
I think 50-60mins of Ballin and 20-30mins of the more explosive type could really ignite this side

Ferris made a huge difference when he was on. He was crisp out of dummy half and his leg speed was great. Wouldn't have won without him IMO.

It could, yes. But the flip side is our competitiveness for 80mins due to the forward-bench rotation. If that changes it is a dynamics change to the team so I'm not sold on two hookers just yet. Maybe balin defends out wide and Matai or other plays dummy half for the 10mins before half time?

It could, yes. But the flip side is our competitiveness for 80mins due to the forward-bench rotation. If that changes it is a dynamics change to the team so I'm not sold on two hookers just yet. Maybe balin defends out wide and Matai or other plays dummy half for the 10mins before half time?

What this game showed me was the following

T-REX needs to play like this next year
Whare hogs the ball too much , but also does some good things
Tafua will be awesome next year
We miss Brett Stewart
Refs are still being inconsistent with desicions

But most of all the last 10 min showed me that the boys really do care about this season and dug deep to win even after I wrote them off for the first time in a long time with 20 min to go

The boys have the itch to win, If they can win next week it will be big

What this game showed me was the following

T-REX needs to play like this next year
Whare hogs the ball too much , but also does some good things
Tafua will be awesome next year
We miss Brett Stewart
Refs are still being inconsistent with desicions

But most of all the last 10 min showed me that the boys really do care about this season and dug deep to win even after I wrote them off for the first time in a long time with 20 min to go

The boys have the itch to win, If they can win next week it will be big

It was chalk and cheese when JB came on. I know the fresh man's going to look naturally sharp at first, but JB really upped the tempo, took the right options, and put the Warriors big man on the back foot. Definately keep fostering that combo.

It was chalk and cheese when JB came on. I know the fresh man's going to look naturally sharp at first, but JB really upped the tempo, took the right options, and put the Warriors big man on the back foot. Definately keep fostering that combo.

Jamie Buhrer could cover both roles if they train him up over the summer for it, but I guess he will probably be our starting 2nd rower next year

With King out we probably do need Joe,Rose and Lussick on the pine but if King was around I think we could do without Lussick

Jamie Buhrer could cover both roles if they train him up over the summer for it, but I guess he will probably be our starting 2nd rower next year

With King out we probably do need Joe,Rose and Lussick on the pine but if King was around I think we could do without Lussick

Kiwi Eagle said:

No, Chee-Kam??

Kiwi Eagle said:

No, Chee-Kam??

Buhrer is more creative with ball in hand. Ballin doesn't seem to ever put the defence in two minds when he runs, he has a dart and generally dies with it or turns it inside to a forward. Buhrer has good footwork at the line which can get him into better spaces to create. I think it worked well tonight and was the catalyst for turning around the match. We should use it more.

Buhrer is more creative with ball in hand. Ballin doesn't seem to ever put the defence in two minds when he runs, he has a dart and generally dies with it or turns it inside to a forward. Buhrer has good footwork at the line which can get him into better spaces to create. I think it worked well tonight and was the catalyst for turning around the match. We should use it more.

Faoso?

Buhrers good enough to play most of the game at second row then twenty or thirty at 9. Throw him on after twenty at back row then move him to dummy half with ten to go. He will have worked out where and when to run by then and supported ballins defence to allow big George a good spell.

Faoso?

Buhrers good enough to play most of the game at second row then twenty or thirty at 9. Throw him on after twenty at back row then move him to dummy half with ten to go. He will have worked out where and when to run by then and supported ballins defence to allow big George a good spell.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6