1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What that game has proved to me again

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Kiwi Eagle, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Have been thinking it for quite a while now, but tonight confirms it for me

We need to start running with another hooker on the bench, with more spark and a bit more attack in them. The perfect combo was Ballin and L'Estrange. Whether Buhrer is an answer here, I'm not sure but he worked it tonight

Ballin is a top class defender in the middle, and has a nice pass, but in terms of attack from dummy half, he is extremely limited, and I feel he plays a big part in us wasting quite a few sets of 6 when attacking within the 20.
    I think 50-60mins of Ballin and 20-30mins of the more explosive type could really ignite this side

2. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Have been thinking it for quite a while now, but tonight confirms it for me

We need to start running with another hooker on the bench, with more spark and a bit more attack in them. The perfect combo was Ballin and L'Estrange. Whether Buhrer is an answer here, I'm not sure but he worked it tonight

Ballin is a top class defender in the middle, and has a nice pass, but in terms of attack from dummy half, he is extremely limited, and I feel he plays a big part in us wasting quite a few sets of 6 when attacking within the 20.
    I think 50-60mins of Ballin and 20-30mins of the more explosive type could really ignite this side

3. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    Ferris made a huge difference when he was on. He was crisp out of dummy half and his leg speed was great. Wouldn't have won without him IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  4. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    Ferris made a huge difference when he was on. He was crisp out of dummy half and his leg speed was great. Wouldn't have won without him IMO.

5. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,347 / 111
    It could, yes. But the flip side is our competitiveness for 80mins due to the forward-bench rotation. If that changes it is a dynamics change to the team so I'm not sold on two hookers just yet. Maybe balin defends out wide and Matai or other plays dummy half for the 10mins before half time?

6. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,347 / 111
    It could, yes. But the flip side is our competitiveness for 80mins due to the forward-bench rotation. If that changes it is a dynamics change to the team so I'm not sold on two hookers just yet. Maybe balin defends out wide and Matai or other plays dummy half for the 10mins before half time?

7. SeaEagle007

SeaEagle007 Well-Known Member

Eagle Vale, Campbelltown
    Ratings:
    +247 / 14
    What this game showed me was the following

T-REX needs to play like this next year
    Whare hogs the ball too much , but also does some good things
    Tafua will be awesome next year
    We miss Brett Stewart
    Refs are still being inconsistent with desicions

But most of all the last 10 min showed me that the boys really do care about this season and dug deep to win even after I wrote them off for the first time in a long time with 20 min to go

The boys have the itch to win, If they can win next week it will be big

8. SeaEagle007

SeaEagle007 Well-Known Member

Eagle Vale, Campbelltown
    Ratings:
    +247 / 14
    What this game showed me was the following

T-REX needs to play like this next year
    Whare hogs the ball too much , but also does some good things
    Tafua will be awesome next year
    We miss Brett Stewart
    Refs are still being inconsistent with desicions

But most of all the last 10 min showed me that the boys really do care about this season and dug deep to win even after I wrote them off for the first time in a long time with 20 min to go

The boys have the itch to win, If they can win next week it will be big

9. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,484 / 42
    It was chalk and cheese when JB came on. I know the fresh man's going to look naturally sharp at first, but JB really upped the tempo, took the right options, and put the Warriors big man on the back foot. Definately keep fostering that combo.

10. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,484 / 42
    It was chalk and cheese when JB came on. I know the fresh man's going to look naturally sharp at first, but JB really upped the tempo, took the right options, and put the Warriors big man on the back foot. Definately keep fostering that combo.

11. MANLY4LIFE

MANLY4LIFE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +383 / 6
    Buhrer was awesome ,hope he isnt too injured

12. MANLY4LIFE

MANLY4LIFE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +383 / 6
    Buhrer was awesome ,hope he isnt too injured

13. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Jamie Buhrer could cover both roles if they train him up over the summer for it, but I guess he will probably be our starting 2nd rower next year

With King out we probably do need Joe,Rose and Lussick on the pine but if King was around I think we could do without Lussick

14. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Jamie Buhrer could cover both roles if they train him up over the summer for it, but I guess he will probably be our starting 2nd rower next year

With King out we probably do need Joe,Rose and Lussick on the pine but if King was around I think we could do without Lussick

15. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    No, Chee-Kam??

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    No, Chee-Kam??

17. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Buhrer is more creative with ball in hand. Ballin doesn't seem to ever put the defence in two minds when he runs, he has a dart and generally dies with it or turns it inside to a forward. Buhrer has good footwork at the line which can get him into better spaces to create. I think it worked well tonight and was the catalyst for turning around the match. We should use it more.

18. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Buhrer is more creative with ball in hand. Ballin doesn't seem to ever put the defence in two minds when he runs, he has a dart and generally dies with it or turns it inside to a forward. Buhrer has good footwork at the line which can get him into better spaces to create. I think it worked well tonight and was the catalyst for turning around the match. We should use it more.

19. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +943 / 40
    Faoso?

Buhrers good enough to play most of the game at second row then twenty or thirty at 9. Throw him on after twenty at back row then move him to dummy half with ten to go. He will have worked out where and when to run by then and supported ballins defence to allow big George a good spell.

20. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +943 / 40
    Faoso?

Buhrers good enough to play most of the game at second row then twenty or thirty at 9. Throw him on after twenty at back row then move him to dummy half with ten to go. He will have worked out where and when to run by then and supported ballins defence to allow big George a good spell.