What spider is this?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If it's a wolf spider, be a bit careful when you go to move it. They can be a bit aggressive, but I don't think they're poisonous. I had one jump off the end of a water tank on a roof and chase me across the whole length of the roof.
I looked like a real hero that day.
L80

Hope this helps sorry Dan the forum wont let me put this pic in any larger than what it really is mate.

[img=313x400]http://i37.tinypic.com/2aenjon.jpg[/img]

Thats interesting eagle_predator.
I would have thought , from reading and reports , the mouse spider's would have made it to the top.
I know the White tail depends on the individual reaction from a person.ie.some suffer serious tissue damage from the bite while others have little or no reaction.And an immune system can be built up against the Red Back if you have been bitten a few times.

And where is the Tarantula on that chart. Would come under "low risk" and make good pets.

Australian turantula's are classified as unknown effect on humans as far as I remember, they just don't bite very often

I have heard of a few who have been bitten by them.  No great effect except their fangs can be a centimeter long so that hurts a little.
Interesting fact is of 7 cases of dogs being bitten by a Tarantula , all 7 have died.

How about this bloody thing from Ninemsn. Apparently was taken just west of Cairns:

2210_birdspider_nh_sp.jpg

[img=297x400]http://images.ninemsn.com.au/resizer.aspx?url=http://news.ninemsn.com.au/img/2007/national/2210_angel_sp_lg.jpg&width=310[/img]

niiiiceee

I deadset reckon Jurassic park was based on the creatures of QLD and filmed here

Righto Fro.....pat yourself on the back tiger

Flip link said:
How about this bloody thing from Ninemsn. Apparently was taken just west of Cairns:

2210_birdspider_nh_sp.jpg

[img=297x400]http://images.ninemsn.com.au/resizer.aspx?url=http://news.ninemsn.com.au/img/2007/national/2210_angel_sp_lg.jpg&width=310[/img]

How good is photoshop these days

Apparently they are a golden orb weaver. I have these in my backyard, not as big as this one but they are a f**king HUGE! spider. I have no doubt that one of those bastards could grow to that size.

The biggest spider ive ever seen first hand was on my dads ute after he visit the local dump. It was massive. Ran out from the door crack and onto his side mirror. The legs of the thing wrapped the entire way around the mirror and its legs were about an inch from touching on the back!

Needless to say I ran and screamed like a little girl at the first sight of the thing.

mmm Spiders I can handle, depending on the spider.

Yesterday I had an encounter with what appeared to be an Eastern Brown Snake. Came out from a hole in the side of the deck and started going for a drink in the pool!

Got to love QLD.

By the way Flip, how you feeling mate?

Flip link said:
The biggest spider ive ever seen first hand was on my dads ute after he visit the local dump. It was massive. Ran out from the door crack and onto his side mirror. The legs of the thing wrapped the entire way around the mirror and its legs were about an inch from touching on the back!
I cut down a tree about 10 years ago and was taking it to the dump in the back of my van with my then 4 year old daughter tagging along. About half way there a stick insect about a foot long crawls out of the back and onto my daughters head.

Anyway made for an exciting couple of minutes.

Dan link said:

Yesterday I had an encounter with what appeared to be an Eastern Brown Snake. Came out from a hole in the side of the deck and started going for a drink in the pool!

Got to love QLD.

Mate if it was a brown snake I'd be getting rid of it ASAP. They are nasty farkers those bastards.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=178725.msg202163#msg202163 date=1225317261]

Got to love QLD.

Mate if it was a brown snake I'd be getting rid of it ASAP. They are nasty farkers those bastards.
[/quote]

thats what I have heard too.

However it's crawled back under the deck and I haven't seen it today. Spoke to Snoweagle, he reccomends putting Phenyl down around the deck. So that is the go I reckon!

Other than that, I will have to pull the whole deck up!

It's probably pissed off a a mile now

Brown snakes are bastards. We used to have them living in our paddock in country NSW. In the end we used to flush them out with flamethrowers and kill them with shotguns or fencing wire. You can also use the hose on them - they hate it as they are warm-blooked or poikiothermic or whatever the term is.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4