What respect ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
I just spent half of today doing other things and couldnt pay attention to the farewell announcement of Steve Menzies.

I hear the expected news and am understandably sad at whats transpiring, but its the way this has been handled that is getting to me.

From the misinformation about the tribute dinner and more importantly the breezy way its been handled today by channel nine Footy Show and the MWSE website.

So for this major rugby league news, I listen to nines TFS and hear more of SBW's stuffed puppet prompted ramblings,  because someone has given him a contract to go on the footy show on a weekly (ad nauseum) basis even though he cant speak english properly.

When Beaver comes on its not about a tribute to one of leagues greatest players with a record unmatched my almost anyone in the history of the sport and all his achievements in the game and nor is it about what an unbelievably loyal servant he has been to his club and the game he loves. Its a superficial gimmicky quick quiz.

No offence to Dave Williams but who at 9 designed that segment that left out ALL of the important matters for fluff entertainment ?  

The official website does not have any real information freely available, but there is a whole heap of mechandise opportunities.

I dont see anywhere near enough respect being shown.

For the first time I am questioning wether to follow this sport.

He announced it yesterday for ****s sake. Give everyone a chance to organise things properly. Its not like he's leaving tomorrow.

clontaago link said:
He announced it yesterday for F**ks sake. Give everyone a chance to organise things properly. Its not like he's leaving tomorrow.

Where in my post did I put forward disappointment about things being organised properly ?

I am simply saying that his announcement that he is leaving the NRL should be met with discussion and reflection of his remarkable achievements in the game, and not footy show gimmicks, club silence, or merchandising opportunities. 

I didnt post about the lack of functions or official farewells being organised, so the "for f**k sake" is a bit much, dont you think. 

If it turns to serious discussion, then our club will, and should be, roasted for not even offering the bloke a contract.

That explains your club silence, they decided it was time to leave, after he stayed loyal for so long to them

Jatz - I thought the Fox Sports tribute was pretty classy mate. They did a full piece showing him running on for the 1st time ever etc. The start of the piece actually showed major historical events that happened that year, then showed Beaver running on......if there's a replay, I'll record ot for you, and send on the DVD if you like mate.

I would have loved to have Beaver one more year...but maybe the club thought tying the likes of Matt Ballin to a long term contract may be more important?

Aaaaah the salary cap.

He will probably be the most classy player both on and off the park I have ever watched grace the field. Only Gary Larson will ever come remotely close to the bloke in my opinion. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4