1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What NRL match results do we want from hereon?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brissie Kid, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +828 / 10
    What NRL match results do we want from hereon?

Penrith to beat Titans. If Wests Tigers beat Roosters that will leave Titans 4 points from 8th place & will clock off for next week against Manly.

Newcastle to beat Cowboys. Our biggest danger to 4th place due to Cows having better for/against. Can't see Knights winning though.

Next week Cows come to Sydney to play Sharks. The Cows may lose but the game is on Sunday, so Manly will play Titans on Saturday having to win to hold 4th place (unless Knights beat Cows tonight).

Souths losing would open up 3rd place but that seems unlikely & the reward for 3rd place is a semi in Melbourne. Dogs should hold 1st place with win over Roosters leaving Storm in 2nd.

2. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,839 / 103
    I'm just hoping we play our finals matches in Sydney so I can get to the grounds.

3. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    Doesn't matter we will beat them all anywhere anytime.

4. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    A Cows defeat would allow Choc and a few of our other walking wounded a weekend off but can't see it happening.

5. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Its in our own hands were we finish
    but be nice if Sharks beat the Storm and then Tigers beat them too means we could get 2nd spot

6. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    I want to finish 4th, i want the dogs. I will take great pleasure in beating them.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I want 4 more Manly wins

8. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    I think we all do. I think the only things stopping us from getting it are ourselves and injuries/suspensions.

9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
  10. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 257
    Bold prediction: We won't lose another game in 2012
    [hr]
    Bold prediction: We won't lose another game in 2012

11. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Other games : Panthers to belt the Broncos next week.It'd be the ultimate karma thing.

12. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Don't care who wins, just want some injuries and suspensions to key players.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +742 / 16
    The last thing we need is for us to think the Titans will clock off if they lose today, all the sides that we have played against over the past 4 weeks were all desperate for a win, and we took our best game to them.

14. danny-boy

danny-boy Active Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 2
    Well the Titans got smashed today. They are out of the race. Whether or not we will rest a few players next week will be in the hands of 2V. If Souffs and Cowboys get up we will have to field our best team. Knights v Souffs is on Friday night next week, if Knights get up 2V will probably rest a few.

15. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    I have no doubt there will be a few rested this coming week. Choc will be one of the first of them.

16. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    The downside to the Titans getting done is that next week they won't give a rats and will throw caution to the wind, and they have a lot of speed on their flanks.
    I would have preferred that they were still in it TBH. They may have been a bit more cautious then.

Regardless of results I will be suprised if anyone is rested.
    I think 2V will try and maintain all momentum.

17. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Melbourne losing both of their remaining would be the best result, and we play them in Sydney.

In that unlikely event I would like Souths to finish ahead of us, and we play the Dogs in Sydney.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    The various results possible among other teams will make about as much difference to us as shifting deck chairs on the Titanic. All year the only real question has been: is our team capable of getting it together at the right end of the year? The answer is now clear, so enjoy the next month everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    I've been saying this for over 3 weeks now, but I have now changed my mind. In fact I now don't think we will win another game this season!!!!

Why, you may well ask. Go up a few posts and you will see that mickqld has said:

"Doesn't matter we will beat them all anywhere anytime."

We're are goneski if Mick is on board!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,641 / 74
    No hereon for me thanks.