What made you a Manly Supporter?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My Dad is a Manly supporter and named me after Graham Eadie, so that pretty much sealed it. Have a 4 yr old who is a Manly supporter and an 18 month old that I'm working on, but he's been a member since he was 4 days old so he won't have much choice :D

mosto said:
My Dad is a Manly supporter and named me after Graham Eadie, so that pretty much sealed it. Have a 4 yr old who is a Manly supporter and an 18 month old that I'm working on, but he's been a member since he was 4 days old so he won't have much choice :D

What's it been like going through life with a First name of Wombat?

Daniel said:
mosto said:

Wombat is a very small village outside Young nsw, my home town about 80 years ago. Since we are all into nostalgia territory my dad played Maher Cup in the 1930's in the local team which had both a Methodist pastor and a Catholic priest play for them i. Maybe this extraordinarily divine influence must have tuned me into Rugby League and, most importantly and much later, a Sea Eagles supporter. So, here posters of all ages, is the challenge...who can better this, being made a Manly supporter by God?

Born in Manly hospital, Nov 4, 1975... According to mum I was delivered by the then Manly team doc. One of dad's best mates is Wombat, I grew up in North Curly and started playing footy aged 4 for "N" or "M" grade (honestly don't remember, but still have the jersey!) and according to my parents some bloke named Terry Randall was our coach... All I knew is he was "Matt's dad". :)

Manly are the only team I care about. Simple.

Went to Sydney for a holiday when I was 7 years old from Narromine. Stayed at my Aunty's place in Botany and she was and still is a mad Rabbitohs fan. She took me to a game against Manly at Redfern. Manly won and the rest is written in the annuls of history. 40 + Years as a supporter.

Daniel said:
mosto said:

Nobody forgets it, that's one plus...

As an 11 year old I carried a tray of "sweets, choc's, peanuts" at Brookvale oval on game days. Favourite players Bob Fulton, Graham Eadie and Terry Randall.
My son and grandsons are also Manly supporters.

Although I was born and have lived my whole life on the Northern Beaches, I started life as a Souths supporter having naturally followed my father (who came from "South" Lismore). Growing up went to Brookie heaps because I lived near by and watched whoever was playing. The night Geoff Toovey tore apart the Poms at Brookie converted me. I was mesmerised that someone so young could do this. Been a full on fan ever since.

1976 GF win piqued my interest....Igor and Frogs Eyes sealed the deal.

Born and raised in Mona Vale - my dad supported Manly so his kids followed suit.
No other team was ever a possibility to follow, just Manly.

My chilldhood was blessed growing up on the Northern Beaches :blush:

I wasn't born in the Manly area, not even in NSW but I was indoctrinated to be a Manly fan like a religion from birth, from my dad who is a sea eagles fanatic and uncle who coached the juniors in the 90's - I simply bleed maroon and white.

tugga8 said:
my father (who came from "South" Lismore).
I grew up in South Lismore myself so may know your old man.

The first game of League I ever watched on TV was Manly beating the Dragons in the mid 70's and I have followed them ever since.

Utility Player said:
tugga8 said:
my father (who came from "South" Lismore).
I grew up in South Lismore myself so may know your old man.

The first game of League I ever watched on TV was Manly beating the Dragons in the mid 70's and I have followed them ever since.

ZOMG you too could be related

bob dylan said:
Terry Randall Bob Fulton and Graham Eadie.

Exactly!

i remember when I used to listen to Frank Hyde with my old man-it was when Manly and Easts had a huge rivalry...'72 or '73 ish.
i loved what Frank brought to the emotion of calling his games, plus the old school radio thing (you really felt like you were there).
Loved Bozo and Eadie :):):)

I'm from Dublin and had never even seen a Rugby League game before I got to Sydney. I was taken to a Manly game by a good mate and fell in love with the club, the fans, the history and the fact that everyone (claims) to hate Manly. I'm now in to my 3rd season as a Sea Eagles Member and feel that I have found my home away from home in Manly and even more so in Brookvale Oval. I get goose pimples every time I walk through the tunrstiles.

Born in '69 at Manly Hospital by the then team doctor - Dr Higham. Grew up in Forestville until moving to Canberra in late '93. All time favourite player is Wombat Eadie. Now I have 3 sons that are Manly supporters too!!! Dad played rugby with Rex "Moose" Mossop at Manly and I also went to school with the sisters of David "Hairy" Ronson and John "Jughead" Jones!

2nd generation Manly fan. Born in Manly in 76. First game at Brookie watching Wombat from the hill. also had an Ex 1/2 and now Ex 2 time premiership coach as a teacher in the 80's.

Phoenix said:
The grass was greener in Manly...I grew up in Bankstown.

But mainly 2V was the reason I loved the Eagles. So much determination a never say die attitude, a great role model!!

Here Here, I too was born in bankstown, screw that, I have lived all my live in Brisbane except for the first 4 weeks of my life in Bankstown, my first game of rugby league I saw was the 87 grand final and decided that this was the team for me, MAROON & WHITE in my blood except origin time

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6