What is out cap like -- squeeze in a Storm player or two?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
According to the Courier Mail Proctor is on $100k.  He'd be a steal at that price and would beef up our pack.

Trouble is this scandal has a long way to go yet & until Deloittes finalise their forensic audit how would anyone be sure they arnt picking up a storm player who has knowingly received rorted cap funds.

Might be better to keep distant.

Matabele link said:
According to the Courier Mail Proctor is on $100k.  He'd be a steal at that price and would beef up our pack.
We could use the returned Storm money to buy him!! ;D ;)

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183122.msg260376#msg260376 date=1271994878]
We could use the returned Storm money to buy him!! ;D ;)
[/quote]
LOL,good call!
imagine seeing the Grub Billy slater running around in the maroon and white next year Fark! i hope to god NOT. :-*

I hate Billy Slater but if he had played for Manly I would have seen things differently he truly is a good footballer

Dan, Dan, Dan.  I know you're better than that.  There are some places we shouldn't go.  The Eagles don't need any more players.  We have the team to take the silverware this year and next.   

Hmm,my idiot mate who hates manly and knows I think slater is a filthy grub just smsd me saying "hahahahah first mention of somone going from storm and its slater to manly"...anyone heard anything

I am not saying we should buy him. I am just saying that he is a bloody good player, grub or not, and any team that have him in their lineup are lucky

my guess is the storm will offload more of the mid range players.

Reasoning is that no one will be able to afford to match the contracts for the top echelon, and therefore storm would still pay under the cap.

Bottom echelon no good either as they still have to have 25 players paid at least min pay.

Fluffy link said:

Reasoning is that no one will be able to afford to match the contracts for the top echelon, and therefore storm would still pay under the cap.

Bottom echelon no good either as they still have to have 25 players paid at least min pay.

Middle will be just as hard as well given they will just have to replace them with some bottom tier under twenties

Melbourne have three of the best players in the game in Inglis, Slater and Smith. Add Cronk, Hoffman and White to that and you have more than half a team's salary cap. They will have to lose some of that lot to stay afloat. To think they had Falou, King and a few others in addition is unbelievable.

Brisbane have had similar rosters and yet seem to escape scrutiny.

CliffyIsGod link said:
What is our cap like ?

Maroon with an eagle on the front.

As to the other one, well I hope it is all hunky dory and 'sweet as a nut'. Yep, that's what I hope.

Dan link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=183122.msg260444#msg260444 date=1272007129]

Middle will be just as hard as well given they will just have to replace them with some bottom tier under twenties
[/quote]

Cant say i follow, Melbourne will be f*cked no matter what so they will need to offload the players that have the highest likelyhood of getting another deal in full. Surely they have more chance in the middle tier

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6