What is going on - Perry, Hodkinson, Farrar all leaving - and no replacements

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cf2 is back

Reserve Grader
Why are we not buying anyone?

We are now going into 2001 minus another 3 first prominent grade players.

I'm happy if Oldfield and Cherry-Evans become 1st grade stars but it's plain for all to see our forwards depth is non existent.

8th place this year might end up looking great compared to 2011.

If you look at the teams posters are putting up for this Sunday's game, and check who is injured/unavailable, we have a healthy roster for 2011.  I don't see the need to buy anyone, except maybe a quality front rower, and tell me who that could be.

I reckon 2 of the players we are losing, Hodko and Farrar would of been of minimum money so they would of needed big upgrades, and it has been determined they are not worth it. As DSM5 says we have very capable replacements in DCE, Whare, Hoppa and Oldfield, who will all need upgrades next time around.

Perry's time is up and he has served us well.

I would like to see Cross, Bailey and Galuvao also gone and sign a couple of the forwards the Dragons are punting. We could get ourselves another Brent Kite if we are lucky.

Why do we always have to buy players? There are no Props, Halfbacks or utility backs on the market who are worth buying.

Have a look at who we have coming through in those positions.
Hoppa and Oldfield look like great prospects and will be a mainstay in our backline.
DCE and Foran formed a lethal combo in under 20's, i think he'll do better than Hodko.
Cunningham is highly thought of by the coaching staff and i wouldn't be surprised if he breaks into the team next year.

We have a good crop of juniors coming through and it means we need to offload players to keep them now. Short term loss for longterm gain.
Hodko started the season on fire but has gone backwards rapidly.
Perry has been good and deserves to get his pension in the ESL
Farrer was signed for a short term replacement for Snake and if he did well it was going to be hard to keep him. The fact he signed a one year deal might see him back. Just like how the 2 players from the Storm signed 1 year deal with Wigan and will return one year later.

They have served us well and wish them all the best at there new clubs.

cf2 is back link said:
Why are we not buying anyone?

We are now going into 2001 minus another 3 first prominent grade players.

I'm happy if Oldfield and Cherry-Evans become 1st grade stars but it's plain for all to see our forwards depth is non existent.

8th place this year might end up looking great compared to 2011.

Because there is no point paying overs for the 3 players you just mentioned, priority was resigning the Stewarts, Matai, Foran, Choc, etc. Would you take any of the 3 you mentioned of these guys?

We have a good mix of young talent coming through, some injured big names to return, and some veterans entering what should be the prime years of their careers.

I think a top 4 finish is not out of the question next season, provided Choc/Stewarts/Foran stay relatively injury free.

Is Farrer definitely going ?? I'd like to try and hang onto him, he gives us good coverage in the outside backs and even at full strength I think we could use him on the bench.

Bummer. Another year of Chris Bailey as our utility I guess.

I dont know why we can't find any cash to sign Beaver again.  He would be great for the club, just the sort of guy we need to give the team inspiration to lead them around and help out the young guys.  Sure he's getting old but he's still playing great footy.

I heard him on 2ue the other night and he was saying how much he loved Manly and would play for us again in a heart beat if given the chance.  At one point he was actually talking so passionately about Manly and said words as though he had signed back but alas I must have been dreaming.

Why, why, why???

I'd like to hear of us getting another Hall/Bryant type in the props for depth, and we need cover in the the 7 and 9.  Currently the plan seems to be to have Ballin and DCE playing 80 minutes every week with no back up.  

Remember Seu Seu only has a one year contract.  

We should go for James Aubusson who seems to be on the outer at the Rorters, would be a great utility. Liam Foran, Gary Ricardi or George Ndaira wouldn't be on too much coin either.

The Gronk link said:
I'd like to hear of us getting another Hall/Bryant type in the props for depth, and we need cover in the the 7 and 9.  Currently the plan seems to be to have Ballin and DCE playing 80 minutes every week with no back up. 

Dont even compare Bryant to Hall,Ever!
Hall could catch!!! and had that awesome set of handbars
Bryant looked like he rode the short bus

Shane link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=185194.msg292504#msg292504 date=1283995806]
I'd like to hear of us getting another Hall/Bryant type in the props for depth, and we need cover in the the 7 and 9.  Currently the plan seems to be to have Ballin and DCE playing 80 minutes every week with no back up. 

[/quote]

Bryant looked like an actor call Ethan Suplee - Earls brother in My name is Earl.

OK. Even with the disappointing news that Ben Farrar is leaving it seems we have depth in our backs, barring another season of injuries and suspensions. But where are the young forwards? Our two best over the past two seasons have been poached by Easts.
If you watched our Under 20s play the Warriors a few weeks back you'll realise how under strength our forwards are. I say:
1. Get Beaver back, but pay him the bulk of the salary for an off-field role
2. Raid the young forwards from The Warriors.
With our supposed strong ties to NZ surely we can entice some of the NZ forwards to a warmer climate.  

Shane link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=185194.msg292504#msg292504 date=1283995806]

[/quote]

If you don't get that Hall and Bryant were depth forwards that we had, well, you make as much sense as whatever 'handbars' are.  Is that what you call it when you go to visit Mrs Palmer and her five daughters?

Losing JWH & Tasi was definitely bad but I've seen enough in Magnus & Jimmy Cunningham to understand where the club is setting its future.

Remember as well that with these two moving to reserves & maybe a bit of firsts, there'll be some new kids in the 20's. One of them might be a superstar, we wouln't know yet but the club would.

Surely it can't be too hard to understand why we can't sign any more after the other 15 topics we have had on this issue as well

Bugger me.

Nothing to worry about after all apparently we're totally sorted and looking like premiership material for 2011.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8