what i tell my non manly mates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Of course everyone is queing up to have a dig at manly this year. i just tell them one thing. I say, you know when the stock market crashes and a billionaire loses 200 million in one day but he is still a wealthy wealthy ****er
thats what its like being a manly fan this year and smile

This season I've been sayin' "Just making sure we're under the radar" .."Giving everyone else a false sense of security". ..."Gonna make our run soon.. 2015 Premiers!".
And prior to the recent Cowboys & Broncos losses I kinda believed some of it, and had faith we'll start to fire and make it to somewhere between positions 4-8 come round 26.
Now, we'll be lucky to win 3 or 4 games of the remaining 12 Home v Away games by the looks.
Maroon and White regardless, through and through!

I don't consider non Manly fans mates just brainless dickheads and I treat them with the appropriate amount of contempt, I do also follow Menzies11 response pattern.

First thing I ask who they support(then I laugh) then I give them a history lesson of this mighty mighty club,then I remind them 40 nil and how that score will never be seen again in our life time,and keep hating us cause that what makes us stronger as a club and as a fan,then after all that I tell them that once were back on our feet were going to **** all over your pathetic team that you support.

Fortunately, several of my mates are old Bears supporters, so when they ask me how I'm feeling about my team being at the bottom II have the obvious answer: "Just like you used to feel every season!"

I just remind them that we're the greatest team this century.

honest question, but how do you get that result?

total finals series? or GF appearances / wins? or just total wins in that time?

i have roosters making 6 GF's and winning twice between 2000-2014, and Manly at 4 GF's and winning two over same period, which would be the biggest indicator in my opinion.

2 premieeships in 5 years whats your side achieved.

I go further than that, especially with my St Merge mates that crap on about "11 in a row".

I tell them you can only judge your teams success in your lifetime, I was born in '68 ( not your dad's, grandpa's etc - & I don't associate with Souffs fans )

So on average our team is in a GF roughly every 3 years and win a GF every 6 and that my friends is what you call checkmate.

And if they still try it on...one word - "Beaver" - makes them shut up, look at the ground and shake their head in defeat and skulk away.

I go further than that, especially with my St Merge mates that crap on about "11 in a row".

I tell them you can only judge your teams success in your lifetime, I was born in '68 ( not your dad's, grandpa's etc - & I don't associate with Souffs fans )

So on average our team is in a GF roughly every 3 years and win a GF every 6 and that my friends is what you call checkmate.

And if they still try it on...one word - "Beaver" - makes them shut up, look at the ground and shake their head in defeat and skulk away.
Well if you don't get and beaver that tends to be the reaction.
NYEagle

In regards to non manly mates and acquaintances , during this week a strange thing is happening to me.......I'm starting to get real sympathy from a few mates and work colleagues regarding our season. Yes ,it's true, for example I was having a yarn with my boss over lunch about footy yesterday and he said he was really hoping we turned out season around because we deserved to get more wins. Naturally I choke on my burger and fell off my chair!!!This from a vermin support who constantly reminds me how much he hates manly. I thought it could be a trap or something but no, he was genuine. Hes not alone, I'm getting it from a few others too!! Still not sure if it's a conspiracy of some kind but it isn't right. Naturally I'm not happy with this situation.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4