What I don't understand..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Greg Alexander would make a great coach

Smart and sees what is happening on the field very quickly

Unfortunately our slow dimwitted coaches haven't got a clue about changing tactics mid game and out $10m dollar man couldn't be bothered either because he is not worth what we are paying him.

Parra knew to target taufua and shut down DCE and TT and our attack was stopped We didn't adjust or have any alternatives because our coaches keep blaming injuries instead of their lack of game plans
Exactly. Parra out coached Manly the other night. It is equivalent to the sky falling in. We are not a rookie club, looking for rookie results or are we? We are paying plenty of people to not be at our club. Pay a few more to piss off, and don't give us these excuses, the coach he's got his L plate on rookie crap. It's the NRL and if he isn't up to it, he isn't up to it.

Exactly. Parra out coached Manly the other night. It is equivalent to the sky falling in. We are not a rookie club, looking for rookie results or are we? We are paying plenty of people to not be at our club. Pay a few more to piss off, and don't give us these excuses, the coach he's got his L plate on rookie crap. It's the NRL and if he isn't up to it, he isn't up to it.
I have come to a conclusion as we near the business end of the season that Walker is not a quality 5/8 and Barrett is not a quality NRL coach feathered friend .
Bob Fulton is the great man and Immortal but like every one else he is human and makes mistakes and he has made a massive one in taking a gamble on Barrett who had no head coach experience

Should never have lost that game. Came down to poor ball control, poor game plan and a horrible kicking game that put no pressure on Parra at all. The blame rests with Barrett and DCE. The forwards gave the platform the backs aren't capable. Wright, Brown, Williame are the worst backline in the comp. Tom and Jorge obviously playing injured and Walker should NEVER be put anywhere near 5/8 AGAIN!!!

Remember when Toovey was here? Poor bugger used to cop it from some people, but I wonder how things would have worked out if he stayed. Did he say once that didn't want to be a career coach?

Here are some interesting stats...

Des Hasler coached teams
Games - 330
Wins - 197
Losses - 133
Win % - 59.7

Geoff Toovey coached teams
Games - 105
Wins - 61
Losses - 43
Draws - 1
Win % - 58.1

Oh well, we can't go back in time can we? Just for a giggle, and to prove great players don't always make great coaches...

Wally Lewis coached teams
Games - 44
Wins - 7
Losses - 36
Draws - 1
Win % - 15.9

No cattle, Wal? lol

Should never have lost that game. Came down to poor ball control, poor game plan and a horrible kicking game that put no pressure on Parra at all. The blame rests with Barrett and DCE. The forwards gave the platform the backs aren't capable. Wright, Brown, Williame are the worst backline in the comp. Tom and Jorge obviously playing injured and Walker should NEVER be put anywhere near 5/8 AGAIN!!!

Tell me Mick, what was the game plan that you think was poor.

I talk a load of rubbish most times because all the Einsteins on here (not this thread in particular, I like this thread) leave me bored silly. Occasionally, when reality seeps in, I feel obliged to contribute to a thread in a serious way, but I'm not sure this is the thread.

However, I find that reality is an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol. So I try to avoid that illusion. Perhaps I should abstain? I could never do that! As Ambrose Bierce (I'm sure we all know who that is, right?) once said...

"An abstainer is a weak person that yields to the temptation of denying himself pleasure".

Drink!
That's Deep... :)

Tell me Mick, what was the game plan that you think was poor.
We tried to play them through the forwards which was their strength. We didn't make the necessary meters. They were playing a compressed umbrella defense where we should've been kicking behind their wingers to the corners. It would've only taken 1 try to win it and we didn't even try it. Sht game plan to think we could out muscle and out meter them up the middle.

We tried to play them through the forwards which was their strength. We didn't make the necessary meters. They were playing a compressed umbrella defense where we should've been kicking behind their wingers to the corners. It would've only taken 1 try to win it and we didn't even try it. Sht game plan to think we could out muscle and out meter them up the middle.

And you know this was the game plan because you obtained a copy of it.

I asked earlier what Cartwright does. What does he offer the club?

Why is this clown, Cartwright, always smiling?

I want to see some frustration, some anger, some overwhelming feeling of hitting someone. But he just keeps smiling.

It annoys the hell out of me. Thank goodness Barrett is finally showing emotion, but Cartwright looks like he's coasting.....gold-coasting (see what I did there? HAHAHA! I never fail to find myself amusing.)

He's as much use as a tree stump.

We just need a decent coach. Baz will be just another contracted employee who dosent see out his full term.
Nor should he. It would be quite ironic if those a should be shafted are left in place whilst those who didn't deserve to go were punted.

what I don't understand is so called "supporters" who spend their lives bagging the players and coaches they apparently support.
what i don't understand are the supporters who don't understand the other supporters bagging the coaches and players.

Eels usual intensity against Manly, combined with loose reffing of offside Eel defence - getting a 2-3 metre jump all night, would have beaten plenty on the night.
These 2 factors were predictable pre game as was a compressed Eels defensive line, particularly in the conditions.
Sticking to a game plan is admirable if it's working...when it's not - the best teams have a plan B ....play what's in front of you - adapt to the opposition - this falls on the players also....not just a coach - as much as Bellamy is respected in Melbourne- the key players Smith & Cronk will tweak the game plan on the run, as they are the ones on the field....
The sad part is the fact the Manly team has really lifted intensity the past 5 weeks & really...we're just a few adjustments in attack plus improved kicking game from winning by plenty....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4