What has happened to Brent Kite?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Georgie-O

For a player that doesn't appear to be playing injured he just seems really ineffective and has been for some time now. He rarely bends back the defence and is a shadow of the player that stormed away with the Clive Churchill in 2008. It was glaringly obvious on Saturday night when yardage eaters like Snowden and Gallen proved they were in a different class altogether. I'd be happy to give Robinson a start and play Kite off the bench, he seemed to do well off the interchange last season and perhaps it's something Dessie needs to look at.

U think he has been given instructions to play the ball quickly. As soon as he touches the defence, he's on his belly and getting up to play the ball, setting up the next run. Who knows what DES has him doing, but it seems DES is happy as he keeps getting picked.

I think he is being used as a bit of a link. It was obvious that part of our game plan this week was to get the guys like Kite to offload as much as possible, tire out the forwards a bit, then bring on Fifi and Rose to just try and punch straight through a tiring pack.

Not sure if it's something Dessie has him doing, but I personally don't like to see a prop continually baulk at the moment of impact. I understand the need for self preservation but it's become somewhat of a habit and I'm sure it puts added pressure on our backrow.

He was quite good in one game this year (I think it might have been the Knights game?) but against the Sharks he was an absolute passenger.

Maybe he has signed elsewhere and is suffering from Dogkinson Syndrome.

I was at the game on Sat night,

Geez does Brent think he's a halfback or something?

Doesn't charge onto the ball, gives hospital passes.

If he does take a hit up, he'll casually jog and try and step the whole team then drop his shoulder.

So frustrating.

Agree with the fact he hasnt been the same since his dad passed, although since then there have been periods of weeks where you can tell he is trying to lift and then it fades. I wont discount him until we see him perform up until post SOO.

writing is on the wall though if nothing eventuates.

jabroni said:
U think he has been given instructions to play the ball quickly. As soon as he touches the defence, he's on his belly and getting up to play the ball, setting up the next run. Who knows what DES has him doing, but it seems DES is happy as he keeps getting picked.

Interesting what you say about Des's instructions to Kite. In the post match interview, Des was naming all the other props in our team (who he thought stood up and did well), but he didn't even hint at Kite's name. It was an obvious omission, and not a mistake.

His contract is coming up for renewal is it not? You would think he would be putting more in if that's the case. I think Kite's time may be up in regards to Des omitting his name. RE above post.

Jatz Crackers said:
Agree with the fact he hasnt been the same since his dad passed, although since then there have been periods of weeks where you can tell he is trying to lift and then it fades. I wont discount him until we see him perform up until post SOO.

writing is on the wall though if nothing eventuates.

Seems like that to me too. He has been a big part of our club. Apart from snotting Crocker he has been a gentleman at all times (like Beaver) and my last wish is that he leaves the club on an absolute high. Get into 'em Kitey.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2